follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
RevSpec

Drives: White FRS/Lexus ISF/ 87na-91t MR2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to RevSpec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_ZN6 View Post
my buddy romie said he bumped into you today.

will you be attending the meet next week?

we can all caravan from vallejo to livermore

Thinking about it. I'll register tomorrow. I got another fella rolling with me from V-town...

REVSPEC
RevSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
Ari PD

Drives: 2013 BRZ LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSpec View Post
GReddy SP. Not a fan of loud exhaust anymore just asking for trouble. I had a Garage Fukui on my MKII and HKS Hi-Power on my Hachi. Both are pull me over loud ;-)

RevSpec
Tell me about it. I already got rolled once for tint in my BRZ. Fucking cops. Probably was surprised to find a white guy in a tie, and I was let off with a warning.

I mostly want an exhaust that fills the holes in the bumper. If your car was the one I saw on the freeway a couple of weeks ago, and then again around Fairfield mall maybe, it sounded good. Not loud at all.
Ari PD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ari PD For This Useful Post:
RevSpec (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
CamryDS

Drives: 2003 Camry Blue | 2013 FR-S White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari PD View Post
Tell me about it. I already got rolled once for tint in my BRZ. Fucking cops. Probably was surprised to find a white guy in a tie, and I was let off with a warning.

I mostly want an exhaust that fills the holes in the bumper. If your car was the one I saw on the freeway a couple of weeks ago, and then again around Fairfield mall maybe, it sounded good. Not loud at all.
Damn, where were you at when you got pulled over? What tint % did you have as well? sucks that this happened, hopefully we can all avoid traffic police.
CamryDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
Ari PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryDS View Post
Damn, where were you at when you got pulled over? What tint % did you have as well? sucks that this happened, hopefully we can all avoid traffic police.
It was in Berkeley at night. I actually went with as dark as possible in the back, which is why I was pulled over. Seemed oddly pretextual to me, but I'm biased
Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #19
CamryDS

Garage
Quote:
It was in Berkeley at night. I actually went with as dark as possible in the back, which is why I was pulled over. Seemed oddly pretextual to me, but I'm biased
Hmm, To be honest, back tints can be a black cardboard piece of paper and you'll be alright. He can't pull you over for that, sides he can though -- For california, rear windows = any %, even painted black is okay or blocking it out as long as you have side mirrors.

I'm not a traffic cop fan.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
Ari PD

Quote:
Hmm, To be honest, back tints can be a black cardboard piece of paper and you'll be alright. He can't pull you over for that, sides he can though -- For california, rear windows = any %, even painted black is okay or blocking it out as long as you have side mirrors.

I'm not a traffic cop fan.
Oh, I know. I made her repeat that she was pulling me over for the rear windows being tinted and she said that the vehicle code gave the percentages for what was allowable tint. I asked her to cite the vehicle code, and she couldn't. I read the vehicle code quite clearly stating that the law against tinting do not apply if you have the side mirrors (which we all do). The whole thing didn't make sense, which is why I said it was pretextual. I'm sure they all know the tint law. What do you mean by "traffic cops" versus any other cops?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
CamryDS

Garage
Quote:
Oh, I know. I made her repeat that she was pulling me over for the rear windows being tinted and she said that the vehicle code gave the percentages for what was allowable tint. I asked her to cite the vehicle code, and she couldn't. I read the vehicle code quite clearly stating that the law against tinting do not apply if you have the side mirrors (which we all do). The whole thing didn't make sense, which is why I said it was pretextual. I'm sure they all know the tint law. What do you mean by "traffic cops" versus any other cops?
Kinda like all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs type of thing.
I'm just not a fan of police who camp for violators. Catch them on the fly sure, catch them when they are infracting a law, but taking down someone who's just driving a little bit faster than the norm is not my thing. I'm not a fan of ticket Quotas.

I got a cop who gave me a ticket for being 5 miles over the speed limit. California law says that speed limits are just a suggestion and that we should move with traffic. I was in the middle of the crowd and he just stopped me out of no where.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
Ari PD

Quote:
Kinda like all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs type of thing.
I'm just not a fan of police who camp for violators. Catch them on the fly sure, catch them when they are infracting a law, but taking down someone who's just driving a little bit faster than the norm is not my thing. I'm not a fan of ticket Quotas.

I got a cop who gave me a ticket for being 5 miles over the speed limit. California law says that speed limits are just a suggestion and that we should move with traffic. I was in the middle of the crowd and he just stopped me out of no where.
I'm a little biased, but when I see cops pulling someone over for something that is "technically" a vehicle code infraction giving them enough reasonable suspicion to detain you in a traffic stop, I tend to think it's pretextual and they really think you're up to something a little more serious. Talk about a complete waste of time. Anyway, we have sufficiently thread-jacked this nice guy's thread about his car and we're saying the same thing in a different way. :happy0180:
Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
CamryDS

Garage
Quote:
I'm a little biased, but when I see cops pulling someone over for something that is "technically" a vehicle code infraction giving them enough reasonable suspicion to detain you in a traffic stop, I tend to think it's pretextual and they really think you're up to something a little more serious. Talk about a complete waste of time. Anyway, we have sufficiently thread-jacked this nice guy's thread about his car and we're saying the same thing in a different way. :happy0180:
I say we haven't sufficiently thread-jacked it yet until we talk about pedobear.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
Ari PD

Quote:
I say we haven't sufficiently thread-jacked it yet until we talk about pedobear.
Ha! So true.