follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
Evasive Motorsports

Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
We have ran the
Multi-PRO on our s2000 (ran a 1:56 at bw)
KW v3 on our FR-S (ran a 1:58 at bw)
TEIN SRC on our BR-Z (still testing)

Which all of these are great coilovers for the car which we have tested all three of them out. Multi and Tein are great DD coilovers if you don't mind the normal roads. Seems like KW v3 would fit you more. If you are looking for just a few track days out of the year. Remember you gotta use stock top hats or need to buy camber plates if you are going with kw.

-Randy
Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
will GR sti stock rear top hats fit the rear on the kw v3's and work with the brz rear?
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evasive Motorsports View Post
We have ran the
Multi-PRO on our s2000 (ran a 1:56 at bw)
KW v3 on our FR-S (ran a 1:58 at bw)
TEIN SRC on our BR-Z (still testing)

Which all of these are great coilovers for the car which we have tested all three of them out. Multi and Tein are great DD coilovers if you don't mind the normal roads. Seems like KW v3 would fit you more. If you are looking for just a few track days out of the year. Remember you gotta use stock top hats or need to buy camber plates if you are going with kw.

-Randy
Hi Randy, would you be able to elaborate a bit more on why you suggest the KW for him? And what do you mean "if you don't mind the normal roads".

These are the two coilovers I am interested in, well maybe the R2 vs the V3. But I am mostly interested in daily comfort and crisp handling, with less focus on track performance (I would assume both options are fairly competent in that regard and I am not after time attack numbers or anything)

Last edited by djdnz; 03-14-2013 at 12:49 PM.
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear21 View Post
yes this is going to be comparing the two. not by me. but people who may have used or seen them or prior use of them. i know a lot of people on this site love the KW v3's and i see why. just want to know how the R1's add up? also maybe the cusco... basically im looking at a coilover that i can use on a mostly DD style but one that i can also track on the weekend(once a month or so) and hopefully more in the future.
please dont castrate me. because im sure there is plenty of information on the V3's on here i just want to hear what people have to say about the two. and any other things you would change that i would need to have done if i get these.. keep in mind im looking at around 3k for suspension parts... roughtly. thanks for your time KCCO.
My priorities sounds similar to yours. I went with the R1s but the RCE T2s would have been a close second if I was building a more track oriented build. I like both companies but I don't really subscribe to KW's marketing machine.

At the end of the day, given my usage for the BRZ, I went with the R1s. There's only one knob to adjust albeit adjusts compression and rebound at the same time but also more convenient for the occassional last minute trip up the canyons or track day. It's cheaper to rebuild also which was a major concern since i'm racking up the miles on the BRZ fast.

I have another car that sees 80% track and canyon time. That's a more serious build and really more of the "toy". That car is something i'd install RCE's T2s or Tein SRCs.. possibly the R2s also. I ended up going with the DG-5s on that car which have been phenomenal. My BRZ sees 95% street much of being stop and go traffic on shitty roads.

It's a totally different priority scale. If this is your only sports car in the garage you might want to consider something like the R2s instead. I think those or the RCE T2s are good bang for your buck for a high performance coilover over.

Something more expensive in the higher echelons are the JRZs and the SRCs.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #19
thebear21

Drives: scion fr-s (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
My priorities sounds similar to yours. I went with the R1s but the RCE T2s would have been a close second if I was building a more track oriented build. I like both companies but I don't really subscribe to KW's marketing machine.

At the end of the day, given my usage for the BRZ, I went with the R1s. There's only one knob to adjust albeit adjusts compression and rebound at the same time but also more convenient for the occassional last minute trip up the canyons or track day. It's cheaper to rebuild also which was a major concern since i'm racking up the miles on the BRZ fast.

I have another car that sees 80% track and canyon time. That's a more serious build and really more of the "toy". That car is something i'd install RCE's T2s or Tein SRCs.. possibly the R2s also. I ended up going with the DG-5s on that car which have been phenomenal. My BRZ sees 95% street much of being stop and go traffic on shitty roads.

It's a totally different priority scale. If this is your only sports car in the garage you might want to consider something like the R2s instead. I think those or the RCE T2s are good bang for your buck for a high performance coilover over.

Something more expensive in the higher echelons are the JRZs and the SRCs.

awesome thanks man, yeah I still haven't decided.... I'm holding out to see more and installs and feedback from real world daily driving not just track times..... I don't see the track ever really I work too much.but I want something I can track but more canyons and spirited driving. let me know how you like the R1's side note. I'm probably going with innovates sc as well.
thebear21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
Jackson

Drives: E46 M3 (daily) / EG Civic (track)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The Eibach Multi Pro R1s are officially in stock. The R2s will be in stock shortly as well. I know @RYU had a set on order.

Here are some teaser shots...
Attached Images

Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Useful Post:
Hanakuso (04-10-2013), JoeBoxer (04-09-2013), RYU (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
Hanakuso

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@Jackson
Is there any differences between the R2 and the R2 TRD version?

Actually maybe they aren't R2, but the ones they use on the long beach race cars.
Hanakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
cnk

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
The Eibach Multi Pro R1s are officially in stock. The R2s will be in stock shortly as well. I know @RYU had a set on order.

Here are some teaser shots...
I told myself I wasn't going to lower or do coilovers on this car after my WRX. But no. . you had to go and post those pics. Now I'm asking around for price quotes. You're evil. . you know that right?
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnk For This Useful Post:
JoeBoxer (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #23
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Those are so freaking sexy, i really dislike the funky colors you see on a lot of coilovers and love the details like the red lower rear shock mounts and the black helper/red main spring. It looks really good and correct for the car.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #24
Jackson

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanakuso View Post
@Jackson
Is there any differences between the R2 and the R2 TRD version?

Actually maybe they aren't R2, but the ones they use on the long beach race cars.
TRD is using a Pro-Street-S model to their specifications for the Long Beach race. They are different than our off-the-shelf kit but I don't have exact details. Most of that information is proprietary.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #25
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
TRD is using a Pro-Street-S model to their specifications for the Long Beach race. They are different than our off-the-shelf kit but I don't have exact details. Most of that information is proprietary.

Thanks for answering my question from the classified thread. It seems like R1 which includes camber plates would be a better choice for me than V3s as I will be DD these with very light track duty. Main reason I wanted to get V3s because they are rust resistant and rust is a big deal in Toronto, if R1s offers the same amount of protection then I see no reason to go with V3s anymore.
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
can some one tell me the shaft diameters please on two upper models?
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not sure if I missed it, what are the spring rates for R1 and R2?
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
Jackson

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
can some one tell me the shaft diameters please on two upper models?
The front shafts are 7/8" in diameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
Not sure if I missed it, what are the spring rates for R1 and R2?
The R1 and R2 will come with 275 lb/in front springs and 350 lb/in rear springs. The R2s can be purchased without springs if a customer wants to run a different rate. We generally rate our off-the-shelf kits on the lighter side for street use.