follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Drives: World Rally Blue BRZ - 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by just86 View Post
i think your best mod are the spacers, are you still using same lug nuts?
Thanks! Yup, stock lug nuts and wheel locks. Unless you meant to ask if I'm using the stock studs after the spacers were put on. In that case, the spacers have their own built in studs.
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calin For This Useful Post:
just86 (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #30
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I will def post the dyno results once I tune.. I'm growing anxious waiting but the mods I've done have really made a difference. I did notice a difference with the pulley...not in horsepower but that the motor revs a little more freely. Another few mods you may want to add to your list: Perrin rear shifter guide and also their trans support. Both are cheap but they firmed up the shifts a lot! I also did a billet pro shop short shifter to really make the shifts precise. All are very reasonable in cost. I did the cusco front and rear strut braces too and the front has the integrated master cylinder brace. I know you have the same suspension and these braces work really well with the Eibach kit. The front/rear OS combo only cost $400 shipped from riverside, CA. I did the sway bars from Eibach also but that's more of a preference thing. Just a few suggestions of mods that I really noticed a difference and think are well worth the price. They're all cheap so you can do them one or two at a time without hurting your pocket.

I've heard about the drone with the Greddy. I listened to tons of clips and read all the reviews and I decided on the Perrin. I love the sound, the black looks sick with the black lip kit and diffuser on my car, and their whole system is great quality. I chose the hi flow cat on the front pipe and the resonated Catback so it doesn't get obnoxious with sound or fumes when the header is installed. Again, just a preference thing..I haven't heard of any drone issues either. The guys at Perrin really make good products for this car and his blog is super easy to understand and full of great knowledge. I try to support businesses like that just because they're so few and far between these days. Just good dudes.

My goal is 200 whp after all mods and tune. We'll see how that feels and if I still have thoughts of the Vortech kit after...

Sorry bro, not trying to thread jack you here...just wanted to share the few mods I've enjoyed and maybe give you at least some ideas or a starting point to get you going. You have made great choices so far and the car looks great! Just by looking at your last few rides I know you have good tastes and the BRZ will be even hotter!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #31
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
I will def post the dyno results once I tune.. I'm growing anxious waiting but the mods I've done have really made a difference. I did notice a difference with the pulley...not in horsepower but that the motor revs a little more freely. Another few mods you may want to add to your list: Perrin rear shifter guide and also their trans support. Both are cheap but they firmed up the shifts a lot! I also did a billet pro shop short shifter to really make the shifts precise. All are very reasonable in cost. I did the cusco front and rear strut braces too and the front has the integrated master cylinder brace. I know you have the same suspension and these braces work really well with the Eibach kit. The front/rear OS combo only cost $400 shipped from riverside, CA. I did the sway bars from Eibach also but that's more of a preference thing. Just a few suggestions of mods that I really noticed a difference and think are well worth the price. They're all cheap so you can do them one or two at a time without hurting your pocket.

I've heard about the drone with the Greddy. I listened to tons of clips and read all the reviews and I decided on the Perrin. I love the sound, the black looks sick with the black lip kit and diffuser on my car, and their whole system is great quality. I chose the hi flow cat on the front pipe and the resonated Catback so it doesn't get obnoxious with sound or fumes when the header is installed. Again, just a preference thing..I haven't heard of any drone issues either. The guys at Perrin really make good products for this car and his blog is super easy to understand and full of great knowledge. I try to support businesses like that just because they're so few and far between these days. Just good dudes.

My goal is 200 whp after all mods and tune. We'll see how that feels and if I still have thoughts of the Vortech kit after...

Sorry bro, not trying to thread jack you here...just wanted to share the few mods I've enjoyed and maybe give you at least some ideas or a starting point to get you going. You have made great choices so far and the car looks great! Just by looking at your last few rides I know you have good tastes and the BRZ will be even hotter!!
Thanks a lot for all the tips! All those mods you mentioned definitely sound tempting. 200 whp definitely sounds like a nice goal, and I hope you get there with your mods. After looking at the Perrin exhaust a bit more, I might end up getting that also. I'm not in a hurry to get the exhaust though, so I still have some time to think about which one to get. Whichever exhaust I get though, I'll also go with a hi flow cat setup. Thanks again for all the tips!!
chadstyle (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #32
PradiG

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
Just got my Perrin intake hose with sound generator delete and Greddy magnetic oil drain plug from @FT-86 SpeedFactory

Technically not your Drain plug anymore :happy0180:
PradiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #33
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradiG View Post
Technically not your Drain plug anymore :happy0180:
PradiG (02-17-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Just got my first oil change done today! I installed the Greddy magnetic oil drain plug. I'm really curious to see what it looks like at my next oil change. I also just made an appointment at @Evasive Motorsports on the 28th for a dyno run. After that I'll finally install my drop-in filter and inlet hose

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #35
Evasive Motorsports

Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
Quote:
Just got my first oil change done today! I installed the Greddy magnetic oil drain plug. I'm really curious to see what it looks like at my next oil change. I also just made an appointment at @Evasive Motorsports on the 28th for a dyno run. After that I'll finally install my drop-in filter and inlet hose

Cant wait to see your sick BR-Z
Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Evasive Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Calin (03-15-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #36
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Just installed this trim piece that I got from Zeta Products

Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #37
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Just installed this trim piece that I got from Zeta Products

Looks cool...is it acrylic or is it metal? Hard to tell from the picture...
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #38
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Looks cool...is it acrylic or is it metal? Hard to tell from the picture...
Thanks!! It's plastic.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
6-Shift
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Just fyi, I reference your thread every time I try to talk people into getting spacers Love your car dude, great list of mods coming up. Any plans for exhaust?
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6-Shift For This Useful Post:
Calin (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #40
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourifornian View Post
Just fyi, I reference your thread every time I try to talk people into getting spacers Love your car dude, great list of mods coming up. Any plans for exhaust?
Haha thanks!! I do want to get an exhaust soon, I'm just not sure which one. At first I really wanted the Greddy Evo3 since I've had the Evo2 on a previous car and loved it. But a few people on here have told me that it drones pretty bad between 3-4k RPM. So I'll need to hear the exhaust in person first.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #41
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
If you can make it out to the Irvine tuesday meet a couple people have them there

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #42
Calin
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
If you can make it out to the Irvine tuesday meet a couple people have them there
Crap...I work every single tuesday night. Since I work 6PM-6AM, I don't think I'll ever be able to make that meet. Thanks for the heads up though.