follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #10557
Want.FR-S
Senior Member
 
Want.FR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,191
Thanks: 251
Thanked 274 Times in 187 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Maybe you know the answer to this. What causes a watch to become out of sync? I can understand mechanical since there are moving parts. What about electronic watches?
Every mechanical tick could be off by a fraction of second. Even every beat of the electronic signal could be off by a fraction of second. it may look small if you only look at one beat but with accumulation it becomes a significant numbers. That is why in electronic circuit you need Phase-Lock Loop (PLL) and clock synchronizer to make sure every part of the circuitry operates at the correct time zone.

Examples:

* 15 seconds off per day. That is 15 / 86400 = 173.611 us (micro-second)
* 15 seconds off per month. That is 15 / (86400*30) = 5.787 us

Now you can see the differences.

To put that in perspective, any reasonable-priced CPU nowadays comes with a clock frequency of 1 GHz or more. The clock period for 1 GHz is 1 ns (nano-second) = 1000 us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winding Road FR-S review
What is astonishing about the FR-S is that it combines the cruising comportment and function of the 128i with the dynamics of the Cayman, or Boxster, or S2000.

Last edited by Want.FR-S; 02-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Want.FR-S is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #10558
wrxgoose
WUB WUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,788
Thanks: 313
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Okay, dynod. Lot lower than i thought, will try to post the runs when i get home
wrxgoose is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #10559
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod
 
M-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: BRZ
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 11,956
Thanked 6,255 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Slowly creeps up. I feel like it tastes a bit like spicy bbq sauce except.. the spicy comes a bit quicker. lol

The garlic cheese bread one tastes gross and the chicken and waffles lays tastes more like... brown sugar and syrup (sweet potato) than chicken or waffle. Lol
Damn I actually had high hopes for Chicken and Waffles flavor (hmmmmm chicken and waffles), but it sounds like a pass.

And the Siracha almost sounds too good to be true. So I'll have to hold it against you if it doesn't. Even though I can't really handle that much of the real Siracha in the first place.
__________________


Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #10560
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
I'm sick... but still going to Toyota/Scion meet tonight... what am I thinking? I'm not thinking lol
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #10561
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I'm sick... but still going to Toyota/Scion meet tonight... what am I thinking? I'm not thinking lol
Go Ichi kun, and become a legend of the Touge ! //what are you talking about.... zaku
__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #10562
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Go Ichi kun, and become a legend of the Touge ! //what are you talking about.... zaku
I'm already legend in my local subie members (almost going off the canyon) LOL
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #10563
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.
 
Asterisked Accolade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 377
Thanked 684 Times in 372 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
‎"I struggled to my feet and brushed the dust and dirt off of my face with my forearm. I could sense her, i could feel that she was near. I looked around as i scanned the area with brainwaves-- she was above me. I looked up and there she was atop a clay cliff that looked like Pride Rock. I gazed up in horror as she held Marcum's limp body over the edge of the cliff by the back of his head with one hand. Blood streamed from his forehead and stained his tattered clothes.
I was trembling so bad sweat droplets were running down my face. Her voice thundered down to me, 'Let's see how fast you really are, human.'

No, as maniacal and murderous as she was, there was no way she'd do that-- no way she'd ignite a human body. She'd destroy everything, i couldn't imagine even she'd be able to escape an explosion like that; she had to be bluffing.
I was wrong; Marcum's body turned to a luminous blinding silhouette along with Saera's eyes. I had to move. Scrambling to gather my thoughts i panicked and tried to think of a place to teleport to, but the blast would be equivalent to 30 hydrogen bombs-- where could i go? His body ignited, and in the milliseconds before i was engulfed, i vanished.
Reappearing in the stratosphere among the orbiting satellites i looked on as a massive mushroom cloud erupted below me. The amount of information that the explosion was sending through my brain was migraine-inducing. And through the rush of the synaptic maelstrom was her presence, still alive at ground-zero. In a crater that could later be easily seen from orbit. . .i don't know how she did it, but she survived."
- William Bernard Hendriks, White Rook III: Exodus

__________________

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #10564
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I'm already legend in my local subie members (almost going off the canyon) LOL
* ^ * That's pretty epic at dangerous at the same time, but still you should go even if you're sick! it's not like these things happen all the time right?
__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #10565
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
* ^ * That's pretty epic at dangerous at the same time, but still you should go even if you're sick! it's not like these things happen all the time right?
It's local event. Either way, I'll be going
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #10566
IntotheOcean
Senior Member
 
IntotheOcean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Too much work and not enough sleep/computer time
IntotheOcean is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #10567
Shagaliscious
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,315
Thanks: 3,283
Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I'm sick... but still going to Toyota/Scion meet tonight... what am I thinking? I'm not thinking lol
You're thinking you'll pass your sickness to someone else, then you'll get better
Shagaliscious is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #10568
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
You're thinking you'll pass your sickness to someone else, then you'll get better
Making out w some hot chick? Sure why not! I'll put that in my "to do" list for tonight
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #10569
Shagaliscious
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,315
Thanks: 3,283
Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Making out w some hot chick? Sure why not! I'll put that in my "to do" list for tonight
Shagaliscious is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #10570
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 312
Thanked 1,046 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3fNyxnsVT_k"]I am not sleepy (μ*€ μ•ˆ μ‘Έλ*€μš”) - YouTube[/ame]
ayau is offline  

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
h6 swapouts? any thoughts or advice? f1ver BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 53 11-21-2014 11:46 PM
Aspera's thoughts on AWD/RWD... aspera Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 89 11-16-2013 02:55 PM
random casual discussion on dynamic brakes serialk11r Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 07-16-2012 09:34 PM
The "if you wanna kiss the backside of white musicians make a thread about it" Thread aliphian Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 8 12-19-2011 07:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.