follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MW3

Hay Hay, for you MW3 guys not playing BC3 anymore for other reasons. lets get together on live.

Gtag: wingofwar

Ill write my impression about the game (mainly campaign) later today for those who are buying later or considering.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm considering buying it, so hurry with the infinite hours of gameplay feedback. lol

Side-note: My sister showed me a funny story last night, how "a group of young people" high-jacked a truck filled with MW3 games the night before the release in France.
Looks like those Frenchies wanted a head start on the game. lol
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
KaliKev
FT86 News Addict

Drives: Toyota FJ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does this mean no more renderings from you?
KaliKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Ack, anybody on PS3??
Old 11-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Hawx
Skill is key

Drives: Mazda 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Ack, anybody on PS3??
I am but not with MW3 lol
Hawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Ack, anybody on PS3??
I bought it for PS3. Should be arriving any minute now. PSN SN is "aliphian". What's yours?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Sea1monkey2

Drives: 2003 Impala
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i got it at midnight, bloody freaking awesome (because ive been missing the mw2 that my xbox ate) my gamertag is my s/n
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawx View Post
I am but not with MW3 lol
Do you plan to buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
I bought it for PS3. Should be arriving any minute now. PSN SN is "aliphian". What's yours?
I'm going to shoot some hoops after work and then heading to BB, if they have any in stock.

my gtag is Desmo_Dog
Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
My suitemate bought it, and I watched him play through some of the campaign. Looks almost the same as MW2, but it was pretty intense lol.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #10
Hawx
Skill is key

Drives: Mazda 6
Quote:
Do you plan to buy it?
Probably not... lost all interest in cod. Too much
But hey you can add me if you want got a lot of other games. PSN: xPreacher_
Hawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
is this going to be as laggy and choppy as black ops or maybe halfway decent like mw2?
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Syldrin
Troll Feeder

Drives: boosted scion tc.
i heard MW3's dedicaited servers are more laggy than black-op's shared servers? can anyone put some merit to this statment? my friend that told me is biased to BF3.
Syldrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
If MW2 had an expansion pack, MW3 is it. For those who followed the MW series, MW2 was not much of an improvement from MW1. Much like MW3 is not much of an improvement of MW2. But MW3 is worlds apart from MW1.

Gameplay - MW3 plays just like the previous one, but not like COD:BO. Avatar speed and fluididty of the controls has increased dramatically. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that the game runs on 60fps. But its pretty crisp. They have added a slightly more defined fog of war, so getting long distant shots with anything other than a long range weapon is much more difficult now. A big improvement from MW2 which had SMG/UMP snipers. I now get the feeling im playing counter-strike rather than COD.

Graphics - Virtually unchanged, since the engine has only been revamped rather than have a completely new build. Avatar modeling has improved, and blends better with the game engine. Rather than COD:BO which had an almost cartoony look to it, and looked out of place in the environment.

Weapons - Heres a big change, weapon strategies are now implemented via weapon perks. This brings a entirely different dynamic to the gameplay, im still confused as to what combinations work best (did you know you can have 2 different scopes at any given time on a sniper rifle..wow) Weapons, much like mw2 do not have a largely modeled recoil, at least not like BFBC3 with a recoil modeling that makes you dizzy. Instead they have decreased the accuracy of the weapons across the board to make the playing field easier. If you want more accuracy with less recoil theres a weapon perk for that..kinda nuts. I am not entirely impressed by the weapons selection this time around. Even if my fav. ACR has returned, id still like better solid options. (bulpup AUG).

Campaign - Awesome! if you been following the story line, this will help you dive right into where you left off in MW2. I played on Hardened Mode, and it was tough. Having waves and waves of enemies respawn gets annoying, but you find yourself in always a fast paced fire fight where your running and shooting nearly 80% of the time. The elements and environments have slightly improved even if running on nearly the same graphics engine as before.

Multi-Player - Maps are now MUCH larger than before in realtime, and the mini-map can give you the illusion that the map is very small. This is definitely a game build for a wider audience of FPS gamers. Unlike BFBC3, which is heavily focused about team based gameplay even during Rush modes. Here i have the freedom of building my own classes and playing multi-player my own way, lone wolf or team based on all game types. It seems like this game now gives a bigger purpose of going through prestige mode more than once, acquiring different items and special perks/weapons for multi-prestige players. Also killstreaks only a few are stackable, and with the new Support Killstreak award, having a big dominator with like 30/0 score is much much more improbable.

---Conclusion---

This is a solid game, and you can have tons of fun without any DLC for a long time with this game. Great single player campaign. I found myself hard to compare this game to BFBC3 because they are military type FPS that go in totally different directions. I found myself comparing this game more to Counter-strike: Source because of the gameplay and gamer type.

Im giving this game a 8/10 for being a well built game that really brings all the good elements of MW together. Now if i had to compare this game to BFBC3. Id say that BFBC3 is a slighty better game, especially for the hardcore gamer. But since i hate team play and im a gamer whos more of a One Man Army which favors games like Halo and Counter-strike. Ill be playing more MW3 than BC3. Halo:10thAnni and CS:GO are big candidates for getting me to stop playing MW3. But BC3 is too focused for a gamer like me.

In the future if, Infinity Ward/Activision/Sledgehammer is to make another MW. It would automatically fail if it was still running on a 5 year old game engine. EA was smart to build the new frostbite 2 engine to offer more environmental dynamics. Activision would need a new game engine to bring the same dynamics + graphics. As far as i know frostbite 2 uses less polys and a 30fps framerate to do what they do. To me thats a hard gamble, especially with people wanting better graphics in this day and age.

Ill be playing for a while, if my impression changes ill be sure to let you guys know.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
VADER
Regional Moderator

Drives: VADER 86
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Nothing to do right now until later, for those of you who have Black Ops II on Xbox. Add me: YE OLDE NOOB
VADER is offline   Reply With Quote