follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #575
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Sometimes a simple wave and a head nod of approval, but it seems like a lot of FR-S / BRZ owners don't even approve of me.
Certainly sounds like you are doing all the right things. I kind of expect a wave from fellow FR-S and BRZ drivers, but, it may catch people off-guard when a non-86er pays respect. Just keep it up. Most of us aren't douches. :happy0180:
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #576
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I've received lots of sour, SOUR looks from GC drivers. It seems like it's the one car whos owners are either bitter they didn't wait for the 86 to come out, or just jealous. Weird. It's a really nice car.

I would never react negatively to a wave, or a thumbs up though. We're all car freaks here right. I learned long ago that everyones tastes are different when it comes to cars.

Keep waving Shimmy, I'll wave back.

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #577
naking

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine AT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorlius View Post
I think I've seen your car around Northfield in Waterloo, or one really similar. Do you work at RIM (BlackBerry)? I'm pretty sure I'm the only employee on Northfield campus with an FR-S.

There are a lot of modded GCs in the area. One guy in my work parking garage has one with the single exit fartcan. I hate the car personally, but I've never met the driver so can't really judge.
I read this, and thought 'why haven't I passed this car going to work' (I live near RIM....I guess that's a pretty general location for Waterloo, but I get on the highway at Northfield every morning)....and go figure, we passed each other today (going to and from work.....at least I believe it was you. Don't think you saw me tho, as I waved both times and your eyes were on the road lol.
naking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #578
BreezinBy

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S MT
Caught a glimpse of a Whiteout in 'downtown' Hespeler (no jokes please) tonight around 5ish. Anyone here? Could have been a brz too, just saw it briefly.
BreezinBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #579
brmillercc

Drives: Asphalt 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by naking View Post
I read this, and thought 'why haven't I passed this car going to work' (I live near RIM....I guess that's a pretty general location for Waterloo, but I get on the highway at Northfield every morning)....and go figure, we passed each other today (going to and from work.....at least I believe it was you. Don't think you saw me tho, as I waved both times and your eyes were on the road lol.
Yeah there are a ton of us around that area. I work at Frobisher and Bridge St and on Frobisher alone there is a white BRZ and a white FRS, though I haven't seen the FRS all winter so I'm assuming they put it away for the winter.
brmillercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #580
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naking View Post
I saw a silver BRZ with some weird headlight mod after work today, but that was it. I flicked my highbeams and waved, but not sure if the driver noticed me. This morning my windshield was destroyed with salt smudge and I ran out of fluid halfway to work, so that's probably why I missed you. Or maybe it just wasn't me - I'm usually pretty observant!

Edit: I actually exit the expressway at King St coming from Kitchener, and go around University E after work to get to the expressway at University (near Bridge) so on second thought, it may not have been me unless you were headed south on the expressway at the time, near/while I was exiting.
thorlius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #581
naking

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine AT FR-S
Quote:
I saw a silver BRZ with some weird headlight mod after work today, but that was it. I flicked my highbeams and waved, but not sure if the driver noticed me. This morning my windshield was destroyed with salt smudge and I ran out of fluid halfway to work, so that's probably why I missed you. Or maybe it just wasn't me - I'm usually pretty observant!

Edit: I actually exit the expressway at King St coming from Kitchener, and go around University E after work to get to the expressway at University (near Bridge) so on second thought, it may not have been me unless you were headed south on the expressway at the time, near/while I was exiting.
We were headed opposite ways....in the morning I saw you near Uni, and in the afternoon I saw you near Bridgeport! So it could've been you for sure! Didn't see you today, but I'll continue to look out for you again! It's difficult sometimes tho, with the barriers dividing the highway....the car is too short to see over top haha
naking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #582
engsr

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Not a mod - all OEM. I honked and waved too but my car's also a mess so I didn't notice your wave. Saw the high beams though - I was staring your car down when I first noticed it because I was deciphering the headlight pattern. Had a feeling it was an FRS but wasn't 100% certain.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #583
thorlius
Canadian

Garage
@naking - I'll keep an eye out for you. I was a bit later into the office today than usual. Normally I'm down there between 8:05-8:10am.

@engsr - I was doing the same thing. I don't have the best eyesight and I've been known to spot Mazda 3s and Hyundai Velosters from far off and wonder. Didn't help that my windshield was still dirty. I didn't realize that was stock, looked like there was an Audi-style LED ring around the outline from inside the headlight enclosures. Maybe just my eyes. I want HIDs - it's going to be my first mod when spring hits (from TRS).

Last edited by thorlius; 02-06-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #584
thorlius
Canadian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by engsr View Post
Not a mod - all OEM. I honked and waved too but my car's also a mess so I didn't notice your wave. Saw the high beams though - I was staring your car down when I first noticed it because I was deciphering the headlight pattern. Had a feeling it was an FRS but wasn't 100% certain.
Had a thought... this was the best frame I could get from my dashcam. Bad time for eyes, and cameras too, apparently. Bright skies but dark roads.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #585
engsr

^ Ha slick. I'd love to use my gopro as a dash cam but I can't bring it in to my office and I hate leaving stuff in my car.

The LED strip is the known as the "boomerang". It's like a parking light when you turn the combination switch two steps before full headlights. It stays on when the headlights are on, which I found odd at first.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #586
thorlius
Canadian

Garage
Mine's the Blackvue one you can find DIYs for in that section of the forums. It's snuck up near the rearview mirror and hardwired around and through the fuse panel under the steering column. It's not completely obvious but then again it could easily be far more stealthy. All lights are disabled on it, so that helps a bit. I'd love to somehow mount it inside a rearview mirror but I'm not gonna do a Red Green hackjob and I don't make plastic, so I'll leave it as it is and hope for the best. I park in decent neighbourhoods at work and home.

The HID retrofits won't add that extra LED strip, but oh well. I may trade up for a turbo trim fully optioned BRZ if one becomes available in a few years - problem solved. :P
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #587
engsr

Today was a day I wish I had my gopro - what the hell is with the people out here? Had some retard in a blue Veloster (of all cars) speeding up, slowing down, tailgating my car, etc. The sad part is as I approached an intersection (University/Bridge), he pulls out to my left and races to the left turn lane, but it was a red light and there were 6 cars ahead of him, so he obviously got nowhere. As I passed him, of course, I gave him the "you're a fucking tool" thumbs up, and he tried to act oblivious. I expect that type of people back in the GTA ... but really? Geez. I left work early to avoid the morons ... that turned out well.

And "Hi" again, thorlius.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #588
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Wow, what a douchebag. Was it a regular Veloster or a Turbo?
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote