|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#43 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: TOYOTA
Location: CA
Posts: 401
Thanks: 191
Thanked 225 Times in 134 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I always thought cold air isn't needed when it comes to intakes. I learned that, quite the opposite, warmer air actually allows the ECU to take less fuel to complete a combustion stroke, which increases fuel economy. I had the ARC intake for my tC and I've noticed the lower IAT and higher MPG (~7+mpg highway over stock) with my Scan Gauge II. I will say the ARC gave 0 power whatsoever, in fact, I think I lost a little torque. However, throttle response was improved and the car seemed more "peppy." Last edited by Ro_Ja; 12-26-2012 at 03:09 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 | |
|
Site Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Stuff
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,317
Thanks: 955
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I'm still waiting on dyno results for this car, and datalog data vs stock to be posted.
__________________
-Dave
Track cars: 2013 Scion FRS, 1998 Acura Integra Type-R, 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback DD: 2005 Acura TSX Tow: 2022 F-450 Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
@Executive_chicken
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,157
Thanks: 106
Thanked 469 Times in 289 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
I want to see the afr on this one as well. But im happy with my HKS Premium Suction intake w/Apexi filter that im currently running.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: GT86
Location: The Motherland
Posts: 1,398
Thanks: 140
Thanked 473 Times in 271 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
|
IAT lower than ambient! Magic!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
VehicleDynamicsSpecialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: iG FR-S
Location: illtuned / PittRace
Posts: 750
Thanks: 1,185
Thanked 203 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Ohio Company Needs Car For R&D...AGAIN :) | Lonewolf | Great Lakes | 26 | 07-15-2015 06:21 AM |
| Extra goodies I'm selling for BRZ/FR-S (Portland only!) | DarrenDriven | Northwest | 27 | 10-13-2012 12:35 PM |
| 2000 mile review, road trip to Road Atlanta & a chat with Randy Pobst. | Mtechnik | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 0 | 08-03-2012 11:07 AM |
| Goodies arrived | Nardi330 | AUSTRALIA | 12 | 06-22-2012 02:39 AM |