follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
20valvewynn83

Drives: 2013 FRS/01 Tacoma
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Prayers go out to the victims of the elementary school shooting

Hope this tragedy didn't touch anyone on this forum. And I feel very sad for those whom have lost a love one. This is a crazy world we live in and I will keep all who has lost or have been effected by this in my thoughts and prayers. Sad day for everyone. They were still babies in my eyes. :'(
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...cial-says?lite
20valvewynn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 20valvewynn83 For This Useful Post:
brichard0625 (12-15-2012), GTB/ZR-1 (12-15-2012), M-17 (12-17-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Re_Invention

Drives: '22 Tacoma, '19 Macan, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To any and all folks who've been affected by this, prayers and thoughts are going out to you. This travesty created by a stupid, suffering, selfish piece of shit who only spread suffering onto others in such truly cowardly way is beyond words.

I do hope, I genuinely do hope and pray that all individuals affected by this; be it any of those brave praiseworthy children, the brave teachers, the family members, and everyone else, after however long it takes - create value from this. That piece of shit asshole cun+ will not win in the end, he will NOT destroy hope and the human spirit. We will come together, grief together and through tears work harder to make our nation a safe and happy place for children and adults alike.
Re_Invention is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Re_Invention For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (12-14-2012), Dave-ROR (12-15-2012), Giccin (12-15-2012), GTB/ZR-1 (12-15-2012), jstans84 (12-14-2012), M-17 (12-17-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
20valvewynn83

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Invention View Post
To any and all folks who've been affected by this, prayers and thoughts are going out to you. This travesty created by a stupid, suffering, selfish piece of shit who only spread suffering onto others in such truly cowardly way is beyond words.

I do hope, I genuinely do hope and pray that all individuals affected by this; be it any of those brave praiseworthy children, the brave teachers, the family members, and everyone else, after however long it takes - create value from this. That piece of shit asshole cun+ will not win in the end, he will NOT destroy hope and the human spirit. We will come together, grief together and through tears work harder to make our nation a safe and happy place for children and adults alike.
Well said
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As a father, I cannot imagine the grief of never being able to see my little boy again. I can't really put into words how sorry I am for everyone involved.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (12-14-2012), GTB/ZR-1 (12-15-2012), M-17 (12-17-2012), NESW20 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Terrible, absolutely terrible. As a father of a little girl and a husband of a kindergarten teacher, I felt absolutely sick while watching all of this unfold today on CNN.

I held my family tight right when I got home. Not something I wanted to see happen on my birthday (or any day for that matter). Tragic in every, and all meaning of the word.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
20valvewynn83

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Terrible, absolutely terrible. As a father of a little girl and a husband of a kindergarten teacher, I felt absolutely sick while watching all of this unfold today on CNN.

I held my family tight right when I got home. Not something I wanted to see happen on my birthday (or any day for that matter). Tragic in every, and all meaning of the word.
Keep holding them tight for the rest of your life.

Also Happy birthday, your gift is knowing how much your family means to you
The Following User Says Thank You to 20valvewynn83 For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valvewynn83 View Post
Keep holding them tight for the rest of your life.

Also Happy birthday, your gift is knowing how much your family means to you
Wise words my friend. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
I am so glad people in this thread have not started to shout.. "BAN GUNS."

Because its people who kill people. Not the guns.

Shout out to those who were affected. I hope in the near future psychopaths like these seek help with the use of household products (sniffing canned whipped cream etc.) than killing the very children that may be our future doctors, chefs and police officers.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
GTB/ZR-1 (12-15-2012), jstans84 (12-15-2012), M-17 (12-17-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
If only banning guns could magically solve everything.
It's so much more than that. Teachers need to start opening their eyes and paying attention to their students. This kid was only 20-how did no one realize how fucked up he was? Not to mention the amount of suicides that happen to students.
It took 20mins for the cops to come. If this is what our world has come to that set up metal detectors and have an armed officer at every school... (obviously these are just ideas)
But the idea of making guns way more harder to obtain than they are now would be a good step.... Altho conn has good gun control laws... And not to mention the weapons were stolen? (hell I could be wrong, word of mouth was never very reliable)

This whole day, any chance I did forget and started to smile I would instantly remember and would feel bad again. This is really fucking upsetting.
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #10
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
If only banning guns could magically solve everything.
It's so much more than that. Teachers need to start opening their eyes and paying attention to their students. This kid was only 20-how did no one realize how fucked up he was? Not to mention the amount of suicides that happen to students.
It took 20mins for the cops to come. If this is what our world has come to that set up metal detectors and have an armed officer at every school... (obviously these are just ideas)
But the idea of making guns way more harder to obtain than they are now would be a good step.... Altho conn has good gun control laws... And not to mention the weapons were stolen? (hell I could be wrong, word of mouth was never very reliable)

This whole day, any chance I did forget and started to smile I would instantly remember and would feel bad again. This is really fucking upsetting.
Banning guns would solve about as much as banning drugs solved.

Inanimate objects don't commit crimes, people do. Evil people, like Adam Lanza, will find a way to do evil no matter what. Be it with a gun, a knife, a bomb, a car, etc.. The only thing that we as a society can do to prevent things like this from happening is to stand up and confront someone that we think may be having problems. At the first sign that he was having mental issues someone should have stood up and confronted him and at least tried to get him the help he obviously needed. True there is no way to know for sure that those steps would have prevented what happened however it is possible that they could have helped. However once someone gives into the dark there is almost nothing that can truly bring them back from insanity.

All we can really do right now is to pray with all of our hearts that events like this never happen again. We must also remember one of my personal favorite quotes from Edmund Burke “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” So please if you see someone that you feel may be a danger to themselves or to others don't just look away and act like you didn't see it. If you feel safe enough to do so confront them, see if they need help. If need be call the authorities, sure the call may wind up turning up nothing, but it also may save someone’s life.

*gets off of soapbox*
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jstans84 For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (12-15-2012), Dave-ROR (12-15-2012), M-17 (12-17-2012), Re_Invention (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #11
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I am so glad people in this thread have not started to shout.. "BAN GUNS."

Because its people who kill people. Not the guns.

Shout out to those who were affected. I hope in the near future psychopaths like these seek help with the use of household products (sniffing canned whipped cream etc.) than killing the very children that may be our future doctors, chefs and police officers.
I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up... yes, they should be banned. We've clearly demonstrated that as a society we're not mature enough or responsible enough to be trusted with them. And as for the whole "evil people will find a way to do evil" argument... does that mean we have to make it easier for them? 22 kids were attacked by a knife-wielding maniac in China today too. They all survived though.
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #12
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up... yes, they should be banned. We've clearly demonstrated that as a society we're not mature enough or responsible enough to be trusted with them.
I really think its just stupid people. There's still a good amount of people who are mature and responsible enough to have guns AND a gunsafe.

But if you think about it--this kid. Why did he choose this specific school? I wonder if it had something to do with possibly being bullied in the past by this school or something of that sort. Otherwise... I'm calling conspiracy BS since lately.. (I don't want to get too political) it seems like the Gov is trying to control EVERYTHING and limiting us to less things.

I also say this because... I don't want a ban in guns. My father's store was robbed and we were both held at gunpoint. We had a gun beneath the counter and that's what inevitably help save us. I feel like guns are just "Double-edged swords." Just like bioweapons.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
The Following User Says Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
jstans84 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #13
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I really think its just stupid people. There's still a good amount of people who are mature and responsible enough to have guns AND a gunsafe.

But if you think about it--this kid. Why did he choose this specific school? I wonder if it had something to do with possibly being bullied in the past by this school or something of that sort. Otherwise... I'm calling conspiracy BS since lately.. (I don't want to get too political) it seems like the Gov is trying to control EVERYTHING and limiting us to less things.

I also say this because... I don't want a ban in guns. My father's store was robbed and we were both held at gunpoint. We had a gun beneath the counter and that's what inevitably help save us. I feel like guns are just "Double-edged swords." Just like bioweapons.
He also wasn't the one who owned the guns, his mother did. He murdered her and stole them. There is absolutely NOTHING stricter gun laws could have done to prevent that, NOTHING.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstans84 For This Useful Post:
Freeman (12-15-2012), Giccin (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstans84 View Post
He also wasn't the one who owned the guns, his mother did. He murdered her and stole them. There is absolutely NOTHING stricter gun laws could have done to prevent that, NOTHING.
Wait he took it from his mother? I read he broke into his friend's house and took out a semi-automatic.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86