follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #141
4agze
Senior Member
 
4agze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 4
Thanked 75 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
like it but its to close to the sprinter trueno BZ-R
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #142
Levi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: Toyota
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,202
Thanks: 134
Thanked 138 Times in 90 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
So, any chance of any Subaru BRZ STI with NA 2.5l H4 developping 300 PS?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #143
PACMAN
Senior Member
 
PACMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: 2003 Shitfire (Sunfire)
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 108
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well I prefer the "Bee Arr Zeee" instead of the proper Canadian way of "Bee Arr Zed", so I guess I better watch out for the grammar police up here!
__________________
Want to test your Driving Knowledge? Studying for your permit test? Check out DrivingTests101.com for FREE practice tests!!! :happy0180:
PACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #144
R3VOLUTION
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: 2012 Evo X - STOLEN
Location: United States
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I hope they make an STI version, that's what I'll buy.

They can call it the "R-STI" (RWD STI).

In all actuality give me great looks, a solid engine, and a 50/50 distribution and I'll take care of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82mm 4g63 View Post
lol

They BETTER come out with a turbocharged version, call it the Subaru BRT. The Subaru Be-Right-There.
R3VOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #145
chulooz
Registered you sir
 
chulooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Location: DC / CT
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 259
Thanked 380 Times in 207 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Most folks with STI swapped RS's call their rides RSTI's, so I doubt that would happen.

I'd guess that if they do have an STI released at some point it might just be a BRZ STI
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #146
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACMAN View Post
Well I prefer the "Bee Arr Zeee" instead of the proper Canadian way of "Bee Arr Zed", so I guess I better watch out for the grammar police up here!
But it's a foreign car! Isn't it exempt from all rules of grammar?
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #147
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-
 
Zaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,153
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Bee are zed sounds much better imho
__________________

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #148
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
like it but its to close to the sprinter trueno BZ-R
Someone already mentioned that.

Edit: I found it in the STI first impressions thread from '09 :|.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
Twisted ode to the Levin BZR?

__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #149
RRnold
2 wheel member
 
RRnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Location: SoCal->NorCal
Posts: 4,330
Thanks: 1,318
Thanked 938 Times in 480 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACMAN View Post
Well I prefer the "Bee Arr Zeee" instead of the proper Canadian way of "Bee Arr Zed", so I guess I better watch out for the grammar police up here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
But it's a foreign car! Isn't it exempt from all rules of grammar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Bee are zed sounds much better imho
+1
Yeah those in Canada, UK, Austraila etc will call it Bee Arr Zed while the those in the US and probably the rest of the world will call it Bee Arr Zee.
__________________
RRnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #150
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,398
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
+1
Yeah those in Canada, UK, Austraila etc will call it Bee Arr Zed while the those in the US and probably the rest of the world will call it Bee Arr Zee.
Pretty sure the rest of the world is on board with 'Zed'. And pretty sure Japan calls it 'Zeddo'.

Sounds meaner in car names, in my opinion. Zee 28 vs Zed 28, 370 Zee vs 370 Zed.

Only time I use Zee, is with the Jay-Zee motors. Oddly enough, I go back to Zed for UZ and ZZ motors.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #151
RRnold
2 wheel member
 
RRnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Location: SoCal->NorCal
Posts: 4,330
Thanks: 1,318
Thanked 938 Times in 480 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Pretty sure the rest of the world is on board with 'Zed'. And pretty sure Japan calls it 'Zeddo'.

Sounds meaner in car names, in my opinion. Zee 28 vs Zed 28, 370 Zee vs 370 Zed.

Only time I use Zee, is with the Jay-Zee motors. Oddly enough, I go back to Zed for UZ and ZZ motors.
Yeah why is that? Only use Zed in certain cases. I first heard of Zed from Jeremy Clarkson but it wasn't until I had an intern from Waterloo in Toronto a couple years ago that I realized that Zed is more common.

One day we were talking about cars and bikes and he said Kawasaki Zed-X-6-R! I was like, "wait... WTF did you just say!?! Zed?! You mean Zee-X-6-R!!"

Then we got into a Canadian discussion; Process- US says Pra-cess and Canadians say Pro-cess. About- US says Uh-bout and Canadians say Uh-boot! Also, according to him, when you play basketball in Canada, the person who commits the foul is supposed to call it not the guy who gets fouled.
__________________
RRnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #152
TeckniX
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Altezza
Location: United States
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hmmm I don't see any turbo piping in this mix..
TeckniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #153
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling
 
tranzformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Zoom Zoom
Location: KS
Posts: 4,854
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeckniX View Post
hmmm I don't see any turbo piping in this mix..

lol
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #154
EJ20
Senior Member
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Drives: NA8C, GDB, and R50
Location: Qatar
Posts: 311
Thanks: 18
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So guys this will be the offical name?
__________________
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, brz site, brz specs, brz sti, subaru brz, subaru brz concept, subaru brz coupe, subaru brz details, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz info, subaru brz photos, subaru brz pics, subaru brz site, subaru brz specs, subaru brz sti, subaru brz video, subaru brz videos


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nurburgring Video of Subaru BRZ Coupe / Subaru FR-S / Toyota FT-86 Shows off Handling Hachiroku BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 113 11-21-2020 01:02 PM
Official: Subaru BRZ Will Be Released in Spring 2012 EyeZer0 BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 22 11-09-2011 01:14 AM
Subaru/Toyota Coupe spotted in Socal with Subaru Plates owsiu Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 150 05-25-2011 10:27 PM
Subaru FT-86/216a news: Subaru Confirms Rear-Drive Coupe Debut for Geneva Motor Show C-Bone BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 39 03-24-2011 09:22 AM
Maybe a back up plan...Official conformation 1 series M coupe. Shevon Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 07-09-2010 11:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.