follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #99
86WRX

Drives: Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
My heart goes out to all of you living in the devastated areas, it is not easy to see love ones and cars get hurt and damaged. I lived thru' many hurricane in Florida and earthquakes in California. Stay positive and live thru' it! Be strong brothers and sisters!
86WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86WRX For This Useful Post:
Jayde (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #100
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86WRX View Post
My heart goes out to all of you living in the devastated areas, it is not easy to see love ones and cars get hurt and damaged.
This. And thanks for letting us know how things are going. I want to do what I can to help with donations and such

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #101
JERZgrl88
Eyy girl's like cars too!

Drives: tC & 89 5.0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh where to start! I am with no power day 4, just got back to work for the first time since Friday. Trees everywhere, lines down, lights out, flooding, it's a total mess! Worse thing I've ever seen my entire life. Our poor beaches...so many memories. I hope my fellow Jersey shore people are doing alright...stay strong! We are all going through this as best as we can...I am planning to donate goods this week and help volunteer if I can.
JERZgrl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #102
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarviz View Post
damn that sucks. Where did you park the car? and where in queens are you?
In my driveway in Flushing

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #103
BoostedWrbBrz

Drives: 2014 Wrb Brz limited 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERZgrl88 View Post
Oh where to start! I am with no power day 4, just got back to work for the first time since Friday. Trees everywhere, lines down, lights out, flooding, it's a total mess! Worse thing I've ever seen my entire life. Our poor beaches...so many memories. I hope my fellow Jersey shore people are doing alright...stay strong! We are all going through this as best as we can...I am planning to donate goods this week and help volunteer if I can.
I had to evacuate my home in seaside heights. Unsure of what I'll find when I get there. But all I can do is hope for the best and expect the worst. I'm in brick staying with some family and the frs was safely parked in their garage
BoostedWrbBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #104
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Well I'm home now. Don't have my car yet though. Need to wait for my friend to get out of work so I can go pick it up. Though, the damage was bad down by the airport. Trees and debris everywhere. Not so bad here though, thankfully.

Little story about today though. My friend's roommate was driving me to the airport since he had work and we we're about a mile and half from the terminal when the back rear tire blew. Unfortunately, he didn't have a jack in the car so he could swap tires and I couldn't wait for someone to come get me so I decided to walk the rest. I didn't like leaving him, but he already had someone coming with a jack so he said it was fine. I walk for about 5 mins and this nice older Indian lady pulled over and gave me a lift to the airport. She was on her way to work but she didn't mind making a small detour for me. She was quite upset over what happened up here. I thanked her numerous times for he kind act.

Goes to show, there really are kind people out there.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #105
YourFearlessLeader
Team ScioNRG President

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Staten Island is a war zone. I have never seen so many homes washed away, and boats on roads. Police Officers and EMS crews are still pulling bodies out of our swamps and marsh lands. It is really really sad. Complete devastation.

Thank god none of my property was damaged and no one was lost. I havent been able to return to work because my facility has about 80 trees that are either down or compromised. I lost power for about 2 1/2 days and just got my cable back today. I consider myself extremely lucky. It is almost impossible to get gas right now. Most stations are not allowing any cars, just a $20 limit on gas cans.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #106
RL_BRZ

Drives: BRZ WRB Pearl Limited Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I am blessed and extremely very lucky... Nothing happened to me... I didn't loss any electricity, no flood in my apartment, the BRZ survived with no scratched and it was parked outside my apartment... I located in Mays Landing just 7 miles from Atlantic City... It was a very scary experience to me and the eye of Hurricane Sandy just past in our area... I hope those people can recovered quickly...
RL_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #107
hyper4mance

Drives: 13 BRZ, 97 e36 M3 Rides: '07 600RR
Garage
Well, got power back last night. 3 days without power, eating by candlelight/flashlights, and a smelly fridge kinda sucked but wasnt too bad. I'm just happy power came back before tonight since its supposed to reach a low of 34 or so. The car was garaged and luckily no fallen trees hit nearby buildings, but the wind definitely took down a few sturdy trees.
If anyone needs heat/power to charge your stuff feel free to pm me - I live around morristown.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #108
White Shadow
Banned

Drives: 12,000 miles per year
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Good luck getting gas now if you're in northern NJ or the NY metro area. Most gas stations have no gas or no electricity. And the ones that do have lines that are a mile or longer!
White Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #109
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
Good luck getting gas now if you're in northern NJ or the NY metro area. Most gas stations have no gas or no electricity. And the ones that do have lines that are a mile or longer!
From what I'm hearing, even gas stations up by me are running out of gas now too as people from NYC/Jersey are coming up here for it. Good thing I'm sitting on almost a full tank of gas right now.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #110
Lee358

Drives: nissan frontier, DGM MT BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I dont know how much gas is in my brz but i just got a full tank this morning in my truck only had to wake up at 4am today. To fill it up and just got lucky might be the last time for a while there is no way im waiting on a 4 hour line like i did for the place i work for yesterdy they asked me to fill there truck and gave me $100 too 4 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lee358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #111
White Shadow
Banned

Drives: 12,000 miles per year
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee358 View Post
I dont know how much gas is in my brz but i just got a full tank this morning in my truck only had to wake up at 4am today. To fill it up and just got lucky might be the last time for a while there is no way im waiting on a 4 hour line like i did for the place i work for yesterdy they asked me to fill there truck and gave me $100 too 4 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starting today, NJ is implementing the "odd number, odd days" gas purchase system. If the last digit of your license plate is odd, then you can only buy gas on odd numbered days. BTW, zero is an even number. And if you have a vanity plate without numbers, then you have to buy gas on odd days only.
White Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #112
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
Starting today, NJ is implementing the "odd number, odd days" gas purchase system. If the last digit of your license plate is odd, then you can only buy gas on odd numbered days. BTW, zero is an even number. And if you have a vanity plate without numbers, then you have to buy gas on odd days only.
omg its like 1970s the stupid odds and evens. i feel bad for you guys i hope our government finally freaking helps out. they are so fast to help other countries but we have a disaster like this and fema couldnt give a shit.
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote