follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #5475
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,398
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Oh it's great, passenger seat fits the 1 bag of groceries and backpack pretty well

When that runs out, the bins behind the seats can eat up what the passenger seat carries as well. After that is the unpreferred frunk or the tray under the rear window, which can each swallow maybe 2 plastic bags worth of groceries.

I stopped using a standard airplane style suitcase and started using a soft small duffel bag instead so it fits in my car.

Apart from that, I think I pulled the highest lateral g's ever yet (for me), there was this narrow bend and no stop sign, I was going like 35 in 5th, decided fuck downshifting and braking there's plenty of runoff area let's do this. Tires did not budge, I'll need to wait till the rainy season to slide it around in a parking lot a bit.
MR's aren't exactly ideal for sliding. Short wheelbase, low polar moment and all that...

I haven't driven an Mr car but apparently things happen fast at traction breakaway. Supra is actually really nice in that department.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #5476
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
@Guff

I just noticed that your "Thanks" & "Post" is almost same number...

Good job!
Oh snap! I didn't realize that! Now I have to stop thanking and start posting more so I can match them up!!
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #5477
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
This is long, but pretty entertaining! I know a lot of people don't like Farah, but the video is still pretty good...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--jqaYU-mg"]Ten Cars That Want To Kill You -- ROAD TESTAMENT - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #5478
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
HOOOOOOOOO SHIT!

This was so funny...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc"]Batman Chooses His Voice (from Front Page Films) - YouTube[/ame]

__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #5479
serialk11r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Location: United States of America
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 285
Thanked 1,075 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
MR's aren't exactly ideal for sliding. Short wheelbase, low polar moment and all that...

I haven't driven an Mr car but apparently things happen fast at traction breakaway. Supra is actually really nice in that department.
That's true, although this has a longer wheelbase than a Miata by quite a bit I think. It's got barely any overhang.

Aside from my going wonky O2 sensors, I have slight suspicions about MAF/throttle being dirty (will check next time I have someplace to take shit apart in) and the filter being clogged, and I am starting to get pissed at my 1st gear which needs a perfectly rev matched double clutching to get into. The synchro is so bad that when the engine is cold and idling at 1400rpm, I can't put it into 1st super easily right after releasing clutch from neutral.
serialk11r is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:07 AM   #5480
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
I think I just heard gunshots... That's not good...
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #5481
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
OH SNAP!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbO1pyzthnE"]2013 SRT Viper - First Drive Review - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #5482
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger
 
S2kphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Location: The City
Posts: 1,345
Thanks: 678
Thanked 680 Times in 339 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
OH SNAP!
When I was a kid my uncle had a Dodge Viper and I thought it was the most awesome car at the time. Now that I'm older and the new SRT Vipers are out and more importantly I can actually afford to own one I'd be scared shit less to drive one let alone own it. Talking about trying to keep it clean and away from idiots.

On another note, last nights USC vs STANFORD game was awesome. Go Cardinals. I swear Palo Alto has some of the nicest student bodies I've ever seen and the USC Cheerleaders Omgerd

I can't wait to hit Candlestick park tonight for the 49ers home opener. GO Niners!
__________________

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
S2kphile is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #5483
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.
 
Asterisked Accolade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 377
Thanked 684 Times in 372 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
"And as the blood from his hair mixed with the streaming rain down his solemn face, he pointed his middle and index fingers at Marcum like a gun. Marcum, drained of vivaciousness and drenched in anguish, guilt, and bruises sat on his trembling knees without resistance. Athene gathered destructive energies into his finger tips and asked me over the roar of the torrential rain, 'If I kill him. . .intending he learn the damage of his faults, will he learn?' I didn't answer. I couldn't remove my eyes from the battered face of 'The World's Entrepreneur.' Scanning Marcum's soaked faced, I sensed a difference between raindrops and tears. Athene looked at me with vengeance in his eyes, 'People learn from death don't they, Will?'

I stared into his glowing blue eyes-- they withheld so much fervency and rage, but mixed with fear and restraint. 'All that you'll learn from his death is that it wasn't enough, Athene.'

Marcum spat a bloody tooth into a puddle of mud beneath him and mumbled, 'Pull the trigger, Nancy.' My heart dropped-- and after a loud and explosive reaction from Athene, so did Marcum." -
William B. Hendriks, Marcum Bailey, Athene H. -- White Rook III: Exodus
__________________

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #5484
serialk11r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Location: United States of America
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 285
Thanked 1,075 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
On another note, last nights USC vs STANFORD game was awesome. Go Cardinals. I swear Palo Alto has some of the nicest student bodies I've ever seen and the USC Cheerleaders Omgerd
Student bodies? Care to clarify?
serialk11r is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #5485
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
LOL

http://www.wcti12.com/news/Mom-Drivi...j/-/index.html
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #5486
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Jalopnik's on a roll today...


[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQHV2o0QDW8"]プリウスの車両接近通å*±装置をF1にã �—てみた。 - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #5487
F3dzo
Senior Member
 
F3dzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 13 fr-s whiteout
Location: South florida
Posts: 505
Thanks: 400
Thanked 211 Times in 107 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Pulled pork kicked my ass today... (too much extra BBQ sauce
__________________
I'll be back!!
F3dzo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #5488
CSSM
Still Dreamin'
 
CSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
Location: Washington/Oregon
Posts: 656
Thanks: 88
Thanked 115 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Jalopnik's on a roll today...


OMGz I must have 4 z FR-S
CSSM is offline  

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
h6 swapouts? any thoughts or advice? f1ver BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 53 11-21-2014 11:46 PM
Aspera's thoughts on AWD/RWD... aspera Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 89 11-16-2013 02:55 PM
random casual discussion on dynamic brakes serialk11r Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 07-16-2012 09:34 PM
The "if you wanna kiss the backside of white musicians make a thread about it" Thread aliphian Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 8 12-19-2011 07:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.