follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #5335
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,398
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I have no issues passing my annual physical fittness test for the military, my heart rate isn't any different then when I biked 60-70 kms a day, and my blood pressure is actually lower now, typically about 115 over 75. I'm just built like a truck. I stopped lifting weights when I was ~13 when I could max out the leg press and the ab machine and do 5 sets of 10 reps on each. I could use some cardio but honestly it's not as bad you'd think.

This might seem like an excuse, but whatever. As a stoker in the Navy, working in temperatures as high as 65 deg C, there's typically two body flavors that can hack it, marthone runner types whose bodies can handle the dyhydration and guys like me that just store enough water.

The biggest problem is that guys like me aren't in vogue anymore. Skinny metrosexual type guys are. Well, that and I would look rediculous on a sport bike.
Hmm, I know we have a rep for old tech in the Canadian Forces, but stoker? Like the dude that shovels in the coal?




Heh...
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #5336
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcEOnBWdVRM"]Drift girl with Hachiroku AE-86 - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #5337
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Is there a reason I am watching the Best of Michael Winslow on YouTube?


No, but ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #5338
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
I hate to do 3 posts in a row (read: I love post count boosting) but this is very important.


HERE IS THE R34.








The S15 will come later. Once you guys stop hyperventilating.
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #5339
wrxgoose
WUB WUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,788
Thanks: 313
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
it might be because i owned a liner, and one of my friends had an R32 with about 700whp, but i really don't like the 34s that much. they're too big. and slower than the older models iirc
wrxgoose is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #5340
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
it might be because i owned a liner, and one of my friends had an R32 with about 700whp, but i really don't like the 34s that much. they're too big. and slower than the older models iirc
My uncle owns 650~700whp R32 & I have driven that beast before... BUT I still thinks my uncle's friend's ~600whp R34 is faster... Actually, it is faster. When we did TA at Autopolis
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #5341
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
it might be because i owned a liner, and one of my friends had an R32 with about 700whp, but i really don't like the 34s that much. they're too big. and slower than the older models iirc
YOU TAKE THAT BACK GODDAMMIT. DIS IZ GODZIRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Lol, I know they aren't slower than the older models, but they probably are slower than your friends 700hp one...

They are also much better looking...
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #5342
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
YOU TAKE THAT BACK GODDAMMIT. DIS IZ GODZIRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Lol, I know they aren't slower than the older models, but they probably are slower than your friends 700hp one...

They are also much better looking...
How bout taking in the middle and B324 GT-R :happy0180:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYkY-9FqOg"]Bee Racing B324R - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #5343
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
& don't forget this amazing Mine's R34

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4xFx_O7ux4"]Inline 6 Shootout - Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R & Amuse Supra - Best Motoring International - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #5344
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
How bout taking in the middle and B324 GT-R :happy0180:

That's hot. And fast. And RWD.

I like it!!!

Also, Tsuchiya San is looking slick in this episode! He's pretty sharply dressed!
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #5345
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
& don't forget this amazing Mine's R34

Ah yes, this is a classic. I've probably watched this hundreds of times!
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #5346
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Ah yes, this is a classic. I've probably watched this hundreds of times!
LOL I know what you mean, I have this DVD and have watched it hundreds of times
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #5347
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,785
Thanks: 10,452
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
LOL I know what you mean, I have this DVD and have watched it hundreds of times
That Mines Skyline revved like no other! And Tuschiya's reaction was the best!!!


HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #5348
Calum
That Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,865
Thanks: 5,058
Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Hmm, I know we have a rep for old tech in the Canadian Forces, but stoker? Like the dude that shovels in the coal?




Heh...
That's where the slang came from. Now stokers are responsible for propulsion and hotel equipment. I've personally worked on gas turbines, diesel engines, boilers, more types of pump then I care to remember, control systems, refrigeration systems, compressors, and a huge varity of valves. I changed trades a little while ago, now I'm in training to become an electronics technician
Calum is offline  

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
h6 swapouts? any thoughts or advice? f1ver BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 53 11-21-2014 11:46 PM
Aspera's thoughts on AWD/RWD... aspera Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 89 11-16-2013 02:55 PM
random casual discussion on dynamic brakes serialk11r Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 07-16-2012 09:34 PM
The "if you wanna kiss the backside of white musicians make a thread about it" Thread aliphian Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 8 12-19-2011 07:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.