follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #197
Import Monster

Drives: Black GT86 manual GT.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think you should be removed from the group, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you were purely expressing yours.

Unfortunately in expressing your opinion in this thread in this manner with no context for anyone else to put it into, I feel it has incorrectly reflected my attitudes towards road safety. Yes I think this can damage my reputation. But far more importantly I feel that you have got me completely wrong. If you don't want to listen to what I have to say, that's fine - however behind this user name is a guy who has lost his best friend to an untrained and ill equipped P Plater who was let loose on the roads with what I strongly consider to be inadequate education and driver training. I have been first on the scene at several serious accidents and as a result, have witnessed first hand exactly what happens when things go wrong.

All the "Wipe off 5" ads in the world will not teach people how to drive and sadly, in this country, no one seems to recognise this and it means that we have generation after generation of road users entering the system having been taught how to get a license, not how to drive. I'm on the record with Vicroads as having stated this and got the response "there is no evidence to suggest that driver training influences driver behaviour". Word for word. I was stunned by this and it really left me feeling quite worried.

I don't think we should be painted as hoons purely based on what we drive, similarly I don't think an entire club of 80+ people should be judged on a single conversation between a couple of people. I've met a lot of the Vic 86 members and they are good people - definitely worth giving a second chance imho
Import Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #198
RZ86

Drives: 2012 Toyota GT 86 Manual
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
And damage control is go!

Edit: Looks like I got kicked out of the group. That'll teach me to advocate safe driving!
I actually didn't mean to boot you lol. I tried to add you back but I can't find your name as you're not apart of my personal friends on facebook.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #199
os86

Drives: 2jz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZ86 View Post
I actually didn't mean to boot you lol. I tried to add you back but I can't find your name as you're not apart of my personal friends on facebook.
Sorry but this is a lame excuse. Regardless of what he commented just booting / banning some one is not right when they are only expressing opinions and not being offensive

I doubt it he would want to join back in
os86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to os86 For This Useful Post:
trinitron (08-25-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #200
RZ86

Nah I was looking through the list and accidentally deleted 2 people (1 being in my friends list).

Up to him if he would like to re-join in. He was a good contributing member. This was all based on 1 members post.

We usually just talk about modifications to the car, meet up for a few DIY helps (as I helped out another member today), etc.

The negativity that has been portrayed today is not a correct reflection of the club.

If anyone is going to the Mighty Car Mods meet tomorrow, or JDMST, we'll be there See you all soon!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #201
Gir

Drives: 86 GT Manual - Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Import Monster View Post
I don't think you should be removed from the group, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you were purely expressing yours.

Unfortunately in expressing your opinion in this thread in this manner with no context for anyone else to put it into, I feel it has incorrectly reflected my attitudes towards road safety. Yes I think this can damage my reputation. But far more importantly I feel that you have got me completely wrong. If you don't want to listen to what I have to say, that's fine - however behind this user name is a guy who has lost his best friend to an untrained and ill equipped P Plater who was let loose on the roads with what I strongly consider to be inadequate education and driver training. I have been first on the scene at several serious accidents and as a result, have witnessed first hand exactly what happens when things go wrong.

All the "Wipe off 5" ads in the world will not teach people how to drive and sadly, in this country, no one seems to recognise this and it means that we have generation after generation of road users entering the system having been taught how to get a license, not how to drive. I'm on the record with Vicroads as having stated this and got the response "there is no evidence to suggest that driver training influences driver behaviour". Word for word. I was stunned by this and it really left me feeling quite worried.
You're completely right. I 100% agree with what you are saying here, and I've always had a similar view. I think the main issue was the thread went of on a tangent from the original topic pretty quickly, and it left people looking at it from completely different perspectives.

I also believe I did over-react a bit in your case, due to the above, and also due to extremely stressful workday today. For this I sincerely apologize. I have removed some of my remarks from earlier posts, for what it's worth.

Quote:
I don't think we should be painted as hoons purely based on what we drive, similarly I don't think an entire club of 80+ people should be judged on a single conversation between a couple of people. I've met a lot of the Vic 86 members and they are good people - definitely worth giving a second chance imho
Once again, I agree. It was definitely not fair to judge the whole group on those few posts. The thing that got to me was the few posts of that nature happened to be together at the top of the group. I've been part of a few car communities before that revolve around the whole "hooning" thing, and I want to be part of a community now that doesn't. So those posts really frustrated me, especially seeing it so quickly on such a new car, worried me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZ86 View Post
I have no reason not to believe you, and I know this kind of thing does happen. I'll apply back to the group, Whether or not you accept it, I don't really care, I have much more important things in my life to worry about :P
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #202
Import Monster

Nice one - hope to see you at an 86 meet some time soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Import Monster For This Useful Post:
Gir (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #203
Import Monster

I am not sure how I "like" your comment, maybe I'm too much of a n00b member to give likes?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #204
llama_au
Loud Noises

Drives: BRZ & YGZ11 Cube3
Quote:
I am not sure how I "like" your comment, maybe I'm too much of a n00b member to give likes?
You're a noob Aaron :P Yeah, 10 posts and you can give thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #205
Import Monster

Oh well, I'm a site sponsor now so I guess my post count will go up pretty quickly
Old 08-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #206
blags

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Do you have any parts for sale yet?
blags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #207
Purple

Drives: SPW BRZ
$500.00 preorder test drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjshin0bi View Post
RANT*

so i have a preorder at a dealership which havn't recieved any 86's as of yet.

today i make a call at another local dealer asking if they have 86's, the guy responds yes.
i politely informed him that i have an order elsewhere but ask if i could come have a look, no test driving.

i get a really rude response: NO, go look elsewhere. I ask why, he says without even answering my question: NO

F*** YOU A*****T TOYOTA. BIGGEST W*ANKER SALES PERSON EVER

Clintons Toyota want $500.00 pre-order to test drive the 86

A 56 mate and his wife 55 were told if they want to test they had to pay a pre order of $500.00. ( they are not poor and have a collection of cars).

I did the same one week later (Male 53) $500.00 please.

Before you all jump at me.I understand salesman not wanting Hoons coming in and having fun.But somtimes you think they would look at the customers
and size up the deal!

Good News we are both waiting for BRZ's from Tyann's of sutherland good service and test drive no issues.

P.S. The BRZ package suits us.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #208
llama_au
Loud Noises

Drives: BRZ & YGZ11 Cube3
^Toyota wanted a $2000 deposit for me to test drive a GTS. Needless to say I laughed, walked away, went to Subaru and test drove the BRZ and ordered one
Old 08-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #209
trinitron

Drives: gts 86
Hey rz86 so was the cracked headlights the vinyl's fault? Toyota still not covering it?
It's giving me second thoughts on it because it sounds completely possible that the contracting and de-contracting of the vinyl from heat has caused it (which obviously can get into the headlight due to condensation)
trinitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #210
RZ86

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron View Post
Hey rz86 so was the cracked headlights the vinyl's fault? Toyota still not covering it?
It's giving me second thoughts on it because it sounds completely possible that the contracting and de-contracting of the vinyl from heat has caused it (which obviously can get into the headlight due to condensation)
As far as I've heard, they're still not covering them. I'm yet to chase them up though.

I wouldn't do it if I was you lol. Just incase.
The Following User Says Thank You to RZ86 For This Useful Post:
trinitron (08-30-2012)