follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2026, 01:51 PM   #12083
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
It's pretty entertaining to see my work's board meeting got on the news... which btw I watch about 45 mins of it. It was a pure chaos and entertaining. If I knew, it was that chaotic, I would of made some popcorn.
It's been few days now and currently upstairs are trying to put out the fire with tea cup full of gasoline.

Let's see how long the upstairs can handle this heat... because, I heard that, next month, local senator is coming to the meeting demand answer for all the concern he's hearing about this "change" in the organization.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2026, 02:05 PM   #12084
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
It's pretty entertaining to see my work's board meeting got on the news... which btw I watch about 45 mins of it. It was a pure chaos and entertaining. If I knew, it was that chaotic, I would of made some popcorn.
It's been few days now and currently upstairs are trying to put out the fire with tea cup full of gasoline.

Let's see how long the upstairs can handle this heat... because, I heard that, next month, local senator is coming to the meeting demand answer for all the concern he's hearing about this "change" in the organization.

Ah… which news, any links and how about you giving us the back story?
I’m tired of a daily barrage of the US President doing his best impersonations of Charlie Sheen “Winning” and all that goes with it.
I'd prefer to hear the daily struggles other "real" people.
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2026, 03:32 PM   #12085
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Ah… which news, any links and how about you giving us the back story?
I’m tired of a daily barrage of the US President doing his best impersonations of Charlie Sheen “Winning” and all that goes with it.
I'd prefer to hear the daily struggles other "real" people.
Here's the article about the board meeting.
https://www.cityweekly.net/news/salt...aints-d2457dd1

But if you wanna read the background, here's somewhat short ver of shit show that's happening.
https://www.cityweekly.net/news/slcs...-sure-5adcd2d6
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2026, 02:38 PM   #12086
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Here's the article about the board meeting.
https://www.cityweekly.net/news/salt...aints-d2457dd1

But if you wanna read the background, here's somewhat short ver of shit show that's happening.
https://www.cityweekly.net/news/slcs...-sure-5adcd2d6

Sorry your in that mess.

My first office job at 17 was working for the provincial government in the Assessment Office. for 4 years. I started as an assistant to the assessors and ended up training as a civil draftsman. I would update the area maps with new roads, subdivisions etc. After 4 years I quit because the office politics got so bad following a change in leadership.
I took a contract position with the City and learned just how F’d up the world actually is. My first task was to update city maps for the Department of Planning and Development. The first subdivision was one I had just finished doing for the Assessment Office. I suggested to save time and money we just get copies from them.
I was told that the city doesn’t get or give anything to any other agency. They had a budget and they intended to spend every last dollar because if they didn’t they would likely get less for the next year. I later learned that Public Works had an entire floor of drafts people and that some were doing the same thing I was. How screwed up is that?
So I understand the sort of crap that is going on in Salt Lake City. I also know if the library is like this so is every other publicly funded department and agency.
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2026, 03:18 PM   #12087
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Sorry your in that mess.

My first office job at 17 was working for the provincial government in the Assessment Office. for 4 years. I started as an assistant to the assessors and ended up training as a civil draftsman. I would update the area maps with new roads, subdivisions etc. After 4 years I quit because the office politics got so bad following a change in leadership.
I took a contract position with the City and learned just how F’d up the world actually is. My first task was to update city maps for the Department of Planning and Development. The first subdivision was one I had just finished doing for the Assessment Office. I suggested to save time and money we just get copies from them.
I was told that the city doesn’t get or give anything to any other agency. They had a budget and they intended to spend every last dollar because if they didn’t they would likely get less for the next year. I later learned that Public Works had an entire floor of drafts people and that some were doing the same thing I was. How screwed up is that?
So I understand the sort of crap that is going on in Salt Lake City. I also know if the library is like this so is every other publicly funded department and agency.
Yeah, I was on HR department until they forced transferred me out... which was fine. I went back to the department where I was before HR and became a supervisor (but demotion), so I'm just making some popcorn and letting this drama cook. Close long time staffs, we have betting going to see how long current CEO and other Chiefs gonna last until they resign.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.