follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2026, 02:20 PM   #1373
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I picked this GReddy/Trust STD oil cooler up for my FA24 swap. The swapped '19 TRD 86 will be a Greddy NA build.





My 14' Monogram is an HKS SC build. An HKS oil cooler is waiting to be installed.

My 15' BRZ will be a turbo Blitz build. A Blitz oil cooler is ready to be installed.
_______________________________________________

I picked up these used Craft Square mirrors some months back. I'm going to refinish them and replace the decals. The mirror bases won't likely stay polished...I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet. These will be installed on the Monogram.


zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2026, 07:00 PM   #1374
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
This is an extra FA20 alternator I purchased last year. It had 31k miles on it at the time of removal.

I'm going to pull the BRZ's engine that has 130k miles and reseal the timing cover. I'll clean up the engine some more once removed and install this lower mileage alternator on it. I still need to polish it.

Next up is the RS1's starter...

A little crusty.





Ready for polish.




zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2026, 07:34 PM   #1375
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeal86 View Post
This is an extra FA20 alternator I purchased last year. It had 31k miles on it at the time of removal.
I really love seeing these before and after. Truly hoping someday you open that service for those of us who lack this effort hahaha
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2026, 02:35 PM   #1376
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
RS1's Starter. I still need to polish.

Forgot to take before pics...this is all I have

Before:


After:


zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2026, 02:40 PM   #1377
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I really love seeing these before and after. Truly hoping someday you open that service for those of us who lack this effort hahaha
Thanks for your comment.

I think that I will switch to sandblasting and powder coating chrome for most of the engine parts. It is just so time consuming getting rid of the texture.

Last edited by zeal86; 06-01-2026 at 02:59 PM.
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2026, 06:20 AM   #1378
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Finally finished prepping all the parts I brought with me!

I will polish all the parts I've posted lately as soon as I get settled in back home.

HKS SPEC-L Exhaust. This part completes my Monogram's HKS power delivery.

I mainly used red and gray Scotch Brite by hand to get these results. Once polished this exhaust will bling!

Before:









After:





zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2026, 05:05 AM   #1379
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
For the FA24 TRD:

I'm a little disappointed that the end tanks didn't have an embossed Greddy logo...not even a vinyl decal. I'll polish it up some more and make it show worthy.

Honestly the only indication that this is a Greddy made part is the label on the box.





zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 02:18 AM   #1380
zeal86
Senior Member
 
zeal86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives:
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 1,158
Thanked 1,939 Times in 924 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I'm going to reinforce my own clutch Forks from now on. The pictured (already) reinforced Clutch Fork is the Cusco version...which is just a reinforced OEM part.



Some undercarriage work to weld up. Undercarriage was beat up by the previous owner due to how low the RS1 was. I will be applying some Rustoleum undercoat soon. I was able to source the undercarriage parts from a donor car. Bare metal areas to be welded were sprayed with weld through primer.









Removed from donor car.



Self-etching primer and sealer.



Weld-through Primer.







Cuttting down and closing up the rockers for clearance. I just need to weld and seal.







I've accomplished more than what I just posted but these pics were definitely the meat and potatoes of what I've been up to.

I also was putting in some work on my beater...I needed to give it some love. 209k miles and still getting me 30 to 32 MPGs.
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2026, 10:06 AM   #1381
blsfrs
Senior Member
 
blsfrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
FYI: The clutch fork usually fails at the pivot.
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginner STX Build Whiteout FRS Build Thread Hachi86Roku Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 21 03-31-2020 07:52 PM
PC Build Thread WingsofWar Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 126 01-22-2017 09:59 PM
Kylefrs Build Thread kylefrs Member's Car Journals 14 01-28-2015 08:27 PM
Jac's BRZ build thread Jac Member's Car Journals 0 04-30-2014 07:09 PM
EOJ (Not much of a Build) Thread jonbatz01 Member's Car Journals 41 07-31-2013 07:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.