follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2026, 12:05 AM   #12069
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Pssh! Newb...

It's mind blowing to me that, I've been a member since '09! That's... what near 17 years?!?!?
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2026, 10:58 AM   #12070
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Pssh! Newb...

It's mind blowing to me that, I've been a member since '09! That's... what near 17 years?!?!?
I joined 2/1/2012 so forum younger than both of you, but not by much.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2026, 11:01 AM   #12071
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I joined 2/1/2012 so forum younger than both of you, but not by much.

There are decent amount of ‘12 members around, which is nice to see… but I think, I’m the only 09’er that still around and active.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2026, 11:30 AM   #12072
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
2012, god... I was still on 3si.org and bimmerforums. Had no idea this car was even a twinkle in somebody's eye
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2026, 03:35 PM   #12073
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
2012, god... I was still on 3si.org and bimmerforums. Had no idea this car was even a twinkle in somebody's eye
I was part of the mass joining at the time of the "First 86" contest Scion was running. The car was being hyped specifically during that time and this forum always came up first in searches.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2026, 05:31 PM   #12074
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Random Thoughts - Part III The Search for Spark (No Politics)

I think there were few hype phase.

Phase 1 - FT-HS Concept: that came out in ‘07 and this site wasn’t around.
Phase 2 - FT-86 Concept: Oct ‘09 (?) this is where this site was made and that’s when I signed up.
Phase 2.1 - FT-86 Turbo: iirc they showed off along with GT7 the turbo concept of FT-86 Concept sometime in ‘10 in auto show.
Phase 2.2 - FT-86 II Concept: early ‘11, another design and everyone was trying to figure out if it’s gonna be original design or this design… and this is where everything fucking went fast and crazy.
Phase 3 - Scion FR-S Concept: early summer ‘11 this design was showed off. This concept blew this forum, literally there were too damn many ppl trying to see or learn about this car, site couldn’t handle it. Result, forum was down for few hrs.
Phase 4 - late ‘11, they showed off production ver of GT86. That’s when half of the community left. Because it wasn’t like FR-S Concept. But gain more from people seeing the production design.
Phase 5 - First 86: Scion did their “First 86” in… spring ‘12 (?) with all the swag and experience (like meeting the CE Tada-san), autox and track.

Rest is pretty much everyone knows.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2026, 06:21 PM   #12075
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Phase 5 - First 86: Scion did their “First 86” in… spring ‘12 (?) with all the swag and experience (like meeting the CE Tada-san), autox and track.
Contest winners were announced in February 2012; cars were delivered in Early May 2012.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2026, 12:50 AM   #12076
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 683
Thanked 1,348 Times in 765 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Cleaning crew is coming on Tuesday, floor/carpet cleaning on Thursday and then we will be able to get our house on the market.

It's amazing how much 2 people will accumulate in 9 years in an 1800+ sq ft house in 9 years.

The equity will allow us to pay off almost all debt and replinish some of the savings I've burned with us not having work for MONTHS (me January, my wife February) so we will be looking all over the country for opporturtunities as we are able to chill at my mom's house she no longer lives in.

Just need something full-time with benefits because of my wife's auto-immune disease. The goal would be for her to get another good marketing gig and me to go to work for a non-profit.

Working for one of the largest tech companies in the world for almost a decade and mentoring new employees, special projects, etc, I'm burnt out at the moment.

I'd be happy to get a cashier gig at Costco at the moment.
__________________
"95% of the time, more throttle is the answer. 5% of the time, it ends the suspense."
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2026, 12:53 AM   #12077
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 683
Thanked 1,348 Times in 765 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Side note, the trip before last up here. (OKC to Sand Springs) I was able to get 6 guitars in the BRZ!
__________________
"95% of the time, more throttle is the answer. 5% of the time, it ends the suspense."
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2026, 09:55 PM   #12078
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Speaking of guitars, I’m down to 5 full size acoustics, 1 baby Martin (Felix III) and my first guitar a 60’s vintage Hagstrom bass. If I still owned my BRZ I’m sure I’d be able to fit them in it. I might even have room for my Fender Acoustasonic amp. Back in 2018 when I went to make the deal on my BRZ I took my largest guitar in its custom gig bag to make sure it fit. I never tried to fit the flight case I had built for it.
You can see in the photos I tried it both across and lengthwise with the back seat folded down.
You can see what was in the case in the last photo.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2026, 09:23 AM   #12079
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Back in 2018 when I went to make the deal on my BRZ I took my largest guitar in its custom gig bag to make sure it fit.
Did you do the same with the Caterham?
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2026, 11:58 AM   #12080
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Did you do the same with the Caterham?
Haha… No, that was not possible as the car was in Utah when I bought it.
Also, I haven’t played guitar in years. Carpal tunnel in the left wrist, pinched nerve in my neck affecting my left shoulder and arm plus arthritis in my hands and fingers made it impossible to play. I’ve tried creams and over the counter medications but it didn’t really help.
I played fingerstyle and it got to the point where I couldn’t finish a four minute tune because my fingers wouldn’t do what needed them to.
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2026, 04:14 PM   #12081
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Haha… No, that was not possible as the car was in Utah when I bought it.
Also, I haven’t played guitar in years. Carpal tunnel in the left wrist, pinched nerve in my neck affecting my left shoulder and arm plus arthritis in my hands and fingers made it impossible to play. I’ve tried creams and over the counter medications but it didn’t really help.
I played fingerstyle and it got to the point where I couldn’t finish a four minute tune because my fingers wouldn’t do what needed them to.
That sucks.

I'm no stranger to hand problems. I have severe Dupuytren's contracture, and have had so many hand surgeries I've lost count. Plus, last time I saw my hand surgeon he informed me I also have arthritis (podiatrist said same thing). Yay!
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2026, 08:25 PM   #12082
Teseo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: frs
Location: Gunsai
Posts: 4,960
Thanks: 7,502
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post

Rest is pretty much everyone knows.
Enlight me how.we ended with "Gross" thread back in '14 (?)
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.