follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2026, 02:50 PM   #12013
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Is kind of cumbersome for team clubs because players often get overloaded and tend to injure themselves playing these friendlies or seasonal cups.
Yea, that's the main reason MLS is changing their schedule to more closely match the European and tournament schedules starting in 2027. Rather than playing February to December they will play July to May with a break in December and January to avoid the worst of the cold weather in the open-air stadiums. This way the players will be free late May to early July.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2026, 03:06 PM   #12014
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
I'm a great fan of both the World and European Cup.. The time difference is making it very difficult to follow...

However, have set-up a mini league on the FIFA app.. some friends and work colleagues have joined so making it fun even if we can't follow the game live!
I've been a college level soccer fan since the early 80's and have watched some of the World Cup along the way.

Many of my fraternity brothers in college played for my school's division II team, and a couple were All Americans. I ran the sidelines for a couple of seasons.

It really kicked back up in the last 15 years as my youngest son was a club and high school varsity keeper, so he and I share a love for the game. We became MLS season ticket holders about 3 years ago, and will likely pick up season tickets for Atlanta's upcoming women's league team (2028).

Honestly I wish I had more opportunity to play it in my youth. It's such a great lifetime sport. Most of my college buddies still play recreationally and many of them were coaches for high school and better.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2026, 11:36 AM   #12015
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Happy Father's Day.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2026, 08:11 PM   #12016
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 6,422
Thanks: 4,582
Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,995 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Haven't been on the forums in a long time since I sold my twin years ago. Came back today and man, it kinda hit me. This place used to be super active and now it's slowly fading away. And that made me a little sad.
__________________
Series.Yellowbird - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122135

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2026, 09:10 PM   #12017
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Haven't been on the forums in a long time since I sold my twin years ago. Came back today and man, it kinda hit me. This place used to be super active and now it's slowly fading away. And that made me a little sad.
Those of us who are left aren't giving up. But we aren't really doing anything...
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2026, 11:18 PM   #12018
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Haven't been on the forums in a long time since I sold my twin years ago. Came back today and man, it kinda hit me. This place used to be super active and now it's slowly fading away. And that made me a little sad.
Many of us have sold our Twins but we still enjoy the banter so we keep tabs on this place.
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2026, 10:20 AM   #12019
alex87f
Meow
 
alex87f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: Focus ST mk4
Location: France
Posts: 553
Thanks: 333
Thanked 470 Times in 247 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yep. All forums do seem to be dying, apart from the very largest ones (Bimmerpost, Rennlist, etc.)
A shame as I'm not big fan of the new social-media style car communities.
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2026, 01:31 PM   #12020
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex87f View Post
Yep. All forums do seem to be dying, apart from the very largest ones (Bimmerpost, Rennlist, etc.)
A shame as I'm not big fan of the new social-media style car communities.
I agree 100% with this. I find forums so nice. Comfortable like a stinky old recliner sofa. Does it have all the cool new features? No. Does it work? Yes (unless it's this board, and then my answer changes day to day)
I also like how easy it is to follow information and do my own thing without being actively engaged with some central chat or message board.
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2026, 02:24 PM   #12021
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson
 
RobertPaulson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 1,138
Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 829 Times in 474 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Haven't been on the forums in a long time since I sold my twin years ago. Came back today and man, it kinda hit me. This place used to be super active and now it's slowly fading away. And that made me a little sad.
There's a few factors for sure, the rise of social media being the place to connect with other "car people", workplace security locking down forum access (why I stopped coming here with any frequency)

anyone know if Ultramarroon is still around?
__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
RobertPaulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2026, 10:38 PM   #12022
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
anyone know if Ultramarroon is still around?
Nope, not around anymore.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2026, 11:01 AM   #12023
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex87f View Post
Yep. All forums do seem to be dying, apart from the very largest ones (Bimmerpost, Rennlist, etc.)
A shame as I'm not big fan of the new social-media style car communities.
I'm on CadillacForums for my current DD (LYRIQ) and it is very active, similar to how this was "back in the day". Their other car forums are also pretty busy.

If Toyota ever does a true MK2 I think you'll see more activity here. I mean at this point almost anything that needs to be said has been said. Still, I agree things seem to be moving to more social media type platforms, none of which I participate in nor have any interest in.

I still check in at FT86Club because I enjoy the conversation and reading what folks are doing with the platform, although I admittedly only check in every few days.

I go way back to BBS type forums (which is really what this is). I'm talking pre-Internet dialing directly into somebodies hosted computer type forums. No one was trying to monetize every click, it was genuine, true hobbyist conversations.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2026, 11:52 PM   #12024
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Honestly I wish I had more opportunity to play it in my youth. It's such a great lifetime sport. Most of my college buddies still play recreationally and many of them were coaches for high school and better.
Honestly, it’s never too late. I still playing indoors. 2 wks ago, played against a team what was age around 50’s & 60’s. We knew they were there to have fun and not playing hard. So we made sure to play clean game. We completely destroyed them, but we all had good laughs and no one got injured.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2026, 12:38 AM   #12025
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Holy shit finally able to log in.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2026, 06:38 PM   #12026
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
There's a few factors for sure, the rise of social media being the place to connect with other "car people", workplace security locking down forum access (why I stopped coming here with any frequency)

anyone know if Ultramarroon is still around?
I text Ultra a while ago. He’s doing good.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.