follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2026, 01:31 AM   #11985
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Anyone hear from @humfrz lately+
Thanks for asking -

Oh, I'm still here, just not very active - at most things -

I did do my annual check of the oil in my FRS. It was right up there.

My next project is replacing the drivers side mirror, that I half knocked off, when I hit a tree, while backing up - hell, that was about 9 months ago -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2026, 12:07 PM   #11986
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Thanks for asking -
Oh, I'm still here, just not very active - at most things -
Hey, good to hear from you! Glad all is going as well as it can be.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2026, 12:15 PM   #11987
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Thanks for asking -

Oh, I'm still here, just not very active - at most things -

I did do my annual check of the oil in my FRS. It was right up there.

My next project is replacing the drivers side mirror, that I half knocked off, when I hit a tree, while backing up - hell, that was about 9 months ago -
Man, I was going to put out a call for you...was planning to ask if you'd done any reversing lately... thanks for the update..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2026, 09:18 AM   #11988
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Thanks for asking -

Oh, I'm still here, just not very active - at most things -

I did do my annual check of the oil in my FRS. It was right up there.

My next project is replacing the drivers side mirror, that I half knocked off, when I hit a tree, while backing up - hell, that was about 9 months ago -
Good to hear from you. Another couple weeks and I was going to call you.

Reminds me, I should make sure my car has oil too.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2026, 01:21 PM   #11989
blsfrs
Senior Member
 
blsfrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Speaking of reversing: My wife's '24 Forester has a back up camera. At first, I didn't use it much, but the more that I drive her car, the more I use it. My 70 year old body doesn't twist around like it use to even though I work on stretching exercises.
Attached Images
 
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2026, 08:06 PM   #11990
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
Speaking of reversing: My wife's '24 Forester has a back up camera. At first, I didn't use it much, but the more that I drive her car, the more I use it. My 70 year old body doesn't twist around like it use to even though I work on stretching exercises.
My new truck has like 18 cameras. I don't know how it does some of the things it does, like the overhead view. It's my first vehicle with cameras, and took a while to get used to them, but they are pretty awesome.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 12:48 AM   #11991
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
Speaking of reversing: My wife's '24 Forester has a back up camera. At first, I didn't use it much, but the more that I drive her car, the more I use it. My 70 year old body doesn't twist around like it use to even though I work on stretching exercises.
Yep, mrs humfrz CRV has a backup camera. When she lets me drive it, it has two backup cameras. One on the dash and one from her swiveling head.

At age 84, I try stretching exercises, when I put my socks on ...... after several attempts, I usually take them in to mrs humfrz and ask her to put them on for me.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 01:01 AM   #11992
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
My new truck has like 18 cameras. I don't know how it does some of the things it does, like the overhead view. It's my first vehicle with cameras, and took a while to get used to them, but they are pretty awesome.
I got the picture -
Attached Images
 
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 10:43 AM   #11993
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Yep, mrs humfrz CRV has a backup camera. When she lets me drive it, it has two backup cameras. One on the dash and one from her swiveling head.

At age 84, I try stretching exercises, when I put my socks on ...... after several attempts, I usually take them in to mrs humfrz and ask her to put them on for me.

Here you go...
Attached Images
 
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 02:15 PM   #11994
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
My new truck has like 18 cameras. I don't know how it does some of the things it does, like the overhead view. It's my first vehicle with cameras, and took a while to get used to them, but they are pretty awesome.
I added a backup camera to our 2004 Suburban about 10 years ago. It was nearly impossible to park anywhere before that.

My LYRIQ has lots of cameras, including a rear view mirror camera (where the rear view mirror is actually a camera). I didn't think I would like it but it's so much better than the rear view mirror (which it also has, flips between them).

I technically know how they do the overhead view, but it still amazes me. For those that don't here's a good short that explains it.

I also love the front view camera which comes on if you get within a few feet of an object in front of you.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 06-12-2026 at 11:06 AM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 03:25 PM   #11995
Lantanafrs2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2013 frs red
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,596
Thanks: 2,617
Thanked 3,163 Times in 1,704 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I can tell you that those overhead cameras are pretty damn accurate. Ive used them when guiding cars into my bay at the shop. I can get em racked and in the air rather quickly.
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 09:19 PM   #11996
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post

My LYRIQ has lots of cameras, including a rear view mirror camera (where the rear view mirror is actually a CAMERA.).
I fixed it for you. My truck has that too, but I lost it when I added the shell. I bought a relocate kit to put the camera on the back of the shell. I just need to install.

The hitch camera is also great when hitching up a trailer. I sure like my new truck.
Attached Images
 
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2026, 11:07 AM   #11997
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I fixed it for you. My truck has that too, but I lost it when I added the shell. I bought a relocate kit to put the camera on the back of the shell. I just need to install.

The hitch camera is also great when hitching up a trailer. I sure like my new truck.
Thanks, corrected. Yea I have the hitch view in the Lyriq as well but haven't added a hitch to it. If I tow I use the Suburban.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2026, 12:45 PM   #11998
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Thanks, corrected. Yea I have the hitch view in the Lyriq as well but haven't added a hitch to it. If I tow I use the Suburban.
I also bought the camera that mounts on the back of a trailer. Bought it for my enclosed car hauler. Also need to install. I can't wait to see the "invisible trailer" feature.

Man I have a lot of projects...
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.