follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Site Announcements / Questions / Issues

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2026, 09:35 PM   #99
Jordanwolf
Rice King
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Location: The land of the North
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,210 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Probably the only thing that would result in an uptick is a new model or refresh at this point.
Forums are quite niche these days. Many people use discord, but I’m sure lots of the older folks would not be interested in attempting to learn that one.
__________________
Glorious Honda.
Know my 5x120 GREATNESS PEASANTS.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2026, 10:30 PM   #100
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Forums are quite niche these days. Many people use discord, but I’m sure lots of the older folks would not be interested in attempting to learn that one.
I love the pacing of forums. Not everything needs to be instant, it's fun to wait and see. Not that I don't use discord, but I joined the discord for this community and quickly found myself not enjoying the banter or ways people conducted themselves...
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2026, 11:05 PM   #101
Jordanwolf
Rice King
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Location: The land of the North
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,210 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I love the pacing of forums. Not everything needs to be instant, it's fun to wait and see. Not that I don't use discord, but I joined the discord for this community and quickly found myself not enjoying the banter or ways people conducted themselves...
I totally get that. Discord servers can get pretty overwhelming super fast, and yeah the banter leaves a lot to be desired. The average wit from a discord regular is on the lower end that is for sure.

I’m a hybrid of sorts, hence why I’m even here after a long hiatus and not owning an 86 for an even longer time.

It warms my heart to see a few of the old names still kicking on here, but it has noticeably shrunk… also, is it just me or have the “notifications” stopped for this forum?
__________________
Glorious Honda.
Know my 5x120 GREATNESS PEASANTS.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2026, 07:33 AM   #102
new2subaru
Weight Weenie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I totally get that. Discord servers can get pretty overwhelming super fast, and yeah the banter leaves a lot to be desired. The average wit from a discord regular is on the lower end that is for sure.

I’m a hybrid of sorts, hence why I’m even here after a long hiatus and not owning an 86 for an even longer time.

It warms my heart to see a few of the old names still kicking on here, but it has noticeably shrunk… also, is it just me or have the “notifications” stopped for this forum?
Notifications seem to be hit and miss.
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2026, 07:46 AM   #103
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I totally get that. Discord servers can get pretty overwhelming super fast, and yeah the banter leaves a lot to be desired. The average wit from a discord regular is on the lower end that is for sure.

I’m a hybrid of sorts, hence why I’m even here after a long hiatus and not owning an 86 for an even longer time.

It warms my heart to see a few of the old names still kicking on here, but it has noticeably shrunk… also, is it just me or have the “notifications” stopped for this forum?
Yeah, I wasn't notified you replied to this hahaha
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2026, 03:49 PM   #104
Jordanwolf
Rice King
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Location: The land of the North
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,210 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Yeah, I wasn't notified you replied to this hahaha
It does seem like thanking someone will give a notification. How odd.
__________________
Glorious Honda.
Know my 5x120 GREATNESS PEASANTS.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery could die in 2 months for not driving? alone1i Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 14 04-29-2020 06:21 AM
C&D: Aaron Robinson Scion Must Die! Dadhawk Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 114 07-03-2012 12:24 AM
GM Lets Another Die S2KtoFT86 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 11 12-20-2009 09:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.