follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2025, 11:12 PM   #11831
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 683
Thanked 1,348 Times in 765 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sorry, kind of stream of consciousness. I'm in a good place financially, but in a weird place mentally.
__________________
"95% of the time, more throttle is the answer. 5% of the time, it ends the suspense."
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2025, 01:55 PM   #11832
spcmafia
Senior Member
 
spcmafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Yea, I still have a couple TRD parts in the box for 10 years now, and I've had a replacement reverse light switch for about 4 years. One of these days....
Does one of them happen to be a transmission mount.....
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2025, 03:05 PM   #11833
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Does one of them happen to be a transmission mount.....
Nope. It's a sliding arm rest, and an ultamaroon rear spoiler kit, a new wing window, and a backup light switch. I think that's it. I'd have to look in my parts bin. I gave away a ton of parts.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2025, 12:50 AM   #11834
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Ah, yes, parts closet talk. My AX buddy and I were just talking about all the stuff in our parts closet(s). Outside of all the stock parts I'm holding on to, I've got a header, sti diff bushings, verus clutch fork, perrin rear sway bar, sti subframe bolts and collars I may or may not install, and probably some other things I can't remember right now lol. Including the stock parts I've taken off the car basically triples all that lol. Of course it's all hidden in the basement closet where my wife won't find it.
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2025, 10:41 AM   #11835
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
I'm already collecting parts for the LYRIQ. I have two puddle lights for the back doors (I installed the front but not the back), and a set of aluminum pedal covers to replace the rubber ones that are already showing wear after just 22K miles.

I also have OEM radios for several cars, the 6 CD changer from our 2004 Suburban, the original non-nav radio from my 2013 FR-S, the Shaker 500 radio from MomHawk's 2005 Mustang, and the CD/tape radio from a 2003 Honda Accord.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 11-12-2025 at 02:57 PM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2025, 05:34 PM   #11836
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
I had my annual physical today. Man getting old sucks. Now I get all the senior question. No, I haven't fallen in the last year.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2025, 11:23 PM   #11837
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I had my annual physical today. Man getting old sucks. Now I get all the senior question. No, I haven't fallen in the last year.
But have you backed into a concrete pillar yet?
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2025, 10:58 AM   #11838
spcmafia
Senior Member
 
spcmafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Ah, yes, parts closet talk. My AX buddy and I were just talking about all the stuff in our parts closet(s). Outside of all the stock parts I'm holding on to, I've got a header, sti diff bushings, verus clutch fork, perrin rear sway bar, sti subframe bolts and collars I may or may not install, and probably some other things I can't remember right now lol. Including the stock parts I've taken off the car basically triples all that lol. Of course it's all hidden in the basement closet where my wife won't find it.
If you want to part ways with the bushings I will take those lol.
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2025, 12:06 PM   #11839
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
But have you backed into a concrete pillar yet?
Ermmm... i thought backing into things was exclusive to @humfrz
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2025, 07:56 PM   #11840
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
But have you backed into a concrete pillar yet?
I'm not that old.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2025, 01:47 AM   #11841
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I'm not that old.
The pillars are ah commen ...... they just sneak up behind you -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2025, 01:54 AM   #11842
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I'm already collecting parts for the LYRIQ. I have two puddle lights for the back doors (I installed the front but not the back), and a set of aluminum pedal covers to replace the rubber ones that are already showing wear after just 22K miles.

I also have OEM radios for several cars, the 6 CD changer from our 2004 Suburban, the original non-nav radio from my 2013 FR-S, the Shaker 500 radio from MomHawk's 2005 Mustang, and the CD/tape radio from a 2003 Honda Accord.
This reminds me. I have 2 sets of wheels for 86, 1 set of wheels for Highlander, 2 sets of wheels for WRX in the basement… soon or later, gotta do something bout em.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2025, 11:29 AM   #11843
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
This reminds me. I have 2 sets of wheels for 86, 1 set of wheels for Highlander, 2 sets of wheels for WRX in the basement… soon or later, gotta do something bout em.
I have a set of hubs, wheels, tires and brakes for a Zenith 601HDS kitplane I was building at one point. The rest of the kit ended up being sold but I forgot to include those. By the time I realized I still had them the buyer had replaced them.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2025, 11:55 AM   #11844
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Idaho is a two plate state. They passed a law that if your car doesn't have a front mount for a plate, you don't have to have a front plate. So now the Lotus is legal without one, and I don't have a plate mount on the twin, I have a tow hook front plate mount. That sucker is coming off!
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.