follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2024, 05:41 PM   #10417
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Is it better or worse than manure day?
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 07:04 PM   #10418
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Is it better or worse than manure day?
Less ammonia.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:47 PM   #10419
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Yeah! Mash that recirc button before any gets in the cabin!
Reminds me of the summer morning I was heading up highway 113 out of Davis, CA going to the Biggs Rice Research Station. It was a cool morning so I had the windows down on my company car. It was a quiet drive, although I had a bad hangover, until I was surprised by this crop duster bearing down on the driver's side of my car.

I didn't have the chance to "crank" up the windows and was more afraid of the plane not pulling up and crashing into my car. -

Well, I got a full shot of methyl parathion that stayed with me most of the day. I knew I didn't get a toxic dose because I didn't get a stomachache.

THE END
Attached Images
 
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:58 PM   #10420
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Is it better or worse than manure day?
Oh yes, I remember, back in the 60s in Europe, getting stuck behind these on one lane country roads. -
Attached Images
 
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 10:04 PM   #10421
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, I got a full shot of methyl parathion that stayed with me most of the day. I knew I didn't get a toxic dose because I didn't get a stomachache.

THE END
Oh, it stayed with you longer than that.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 11:15 PM   #10422
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Reminds me of the summer morning I was heading up highway 113 out of Davis, CA going to the Biggs Rice Research Station. It was a cool morning so I had the windows down on my company car. It was a quiet drive, although I had a bad hangover, until I was surprised by this crop duster bearing down on the driver's side of my car.

I didn't have the chance to "crank" up the windows and was more afraid of the plane not pulling up and crashing into my car. -

Well, I got a full shot of methyl parathion that stayed with me most of the day. I knew I didn't get a toxic dose because I didn't get a stomachache.

THE END
Your generation is built different. If that happened to someone my age or younger they would be taking 3 months off work and their spouse would be taking the same under FMLA to take care of them.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 12:48 AM   #10423
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Your generation is built different. If that happened to someone my age or younger they would be taking 3 months off work and their spouse would be taking the same under FMLA to take care of them.
Yep, after 30 years of doing pesticide research on all kinds of experimental cholinesterase-inhibiting pesticides, I feel lucky I never had to use an atropine injector. Maybe because I just didn't like giving myself a shot -

Hell, at the time, we didn't know there was association between that crap and Alsheimer's. Wait, maybe it's not too late - now WHERE DID I put that atropine injector? -

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:06 AM   #10424
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Oh, it stayed with you longer than that.
Oh, OK, at least now I have an excuse for my Alsheimer's / dementia. Here all along, I thought it was caused by 40 years of drinking lots of whisky.

Now, where were we? And who are you?

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 07:17 AM   #10425
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Heard a new one yesterday. I took the Lotus out after its winter nap. While out and about, a guy says, "is that a Viper? It looks just like a Viper."
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 09:59 AM   #10426
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Heard a new one yesterday. I took the Lotus out after its winter nap. While out and about, a guy says, "is that a Viper? It looks just like a Viper."
Coincidentally, I saw a Viper yesterday, but no Lotuses. I can tell the difference because, you know, a Viper very clearly has the engine in front of the driver.
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 11:57 AM   #10427
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
 
bcj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Should have told him it's a Lambo Uroch.
They look about the same, right?
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown
bcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 07:04 PM   #10428
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Just signed up for Skip Barber racing school at Laguna Seca. Signed up for the 3 day, and the 2 day advanced. Driving track prepped Mustangs for 5 days. A week of hard driving.

Bucket list #3 scratched off.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 07:28 PM   #10429
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Pretty sure I saw 3 Raptors over Ogden today. Hard to tell from this picture. One was solo and banked away parallel to the hwy I was on and it was unmistakable. I looked it up and Hill AFB does have them.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:04 PM   #10430
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Pretty sure I saw 3 Raptors over Ogden today. Hard to tell from this picture. One was solo and banked away parallel to the hwy I was on and it was unmistakable. I looked it up and Hill AFB does have them.
Looks more like 2 raptors
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cnc'r? i barely know er!, have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.