follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2023, 11:59 AM   #4481
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Til I learned that not everyone has an internal monologue. I mean, wow!! I had never considered that some people don't have an inner voice.
Interesting. Mine goes nonstop. Never occurred to me not everyone had one.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:12 PM   #4482
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
What? You only have one!

Five out every six of mine say that's not right.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:21 PM   #4483
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 6,422
Thanks: 4,582
Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,995 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
TIL you can use the google translate app on your phone to translate text in real time using your camera.
__________________
Series.Yellowbird - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122135

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 05:58 PM   #4484
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
TIL you can use the google translate app on your phone to translate text in real time using your camera.
I’ve spent time in Japan and Mexico where that was my only form of translation. It’s far from 100% but it will get you a beer and a meal.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 06:09 PM   #4485
weederr33
Airborne at your service
 
weederr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 6,422
Thanks: 4,582
Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,995 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I’ve spent time in Japan and Mexico where that was my only form of translation. It’s far from 100% but it will get you a beer and a meal.

It helped me install a spoiler correctly today
__________________
Series.Yellowbird - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122135

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:56 AM   #4486
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
What? You only have one!

Five out every six of mine say that's not right.
And.. you go with the sixth??
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:41 PM   #4487
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
And.. you go with the sixth??
No, not always. But I hate dissension in the ranks so I tend to listen to the majority.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:09 PM   #4488
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
No, not always. But I hate dissension in the ranks so I tend to listen to the majority.
Interesting... The above response reads like it was led by the dissenter closely followed by the majority.. LOL!

Last edited by JD001; 12-29-2023 at 03:31 PM.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:32 PM   #4489
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I can neither confirm nor deny that statement at this time.
(I have to wait until after the board meeting and they tell me what to say.)
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:53 PM   #4490
blsfrs
Senior Member
 
blsfrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I'll listen to the voices in my head and then do what my wife tells me to do.
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 12:01 AM   #4491
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Til I learned that not everyone has an internal monologue. I mean, wow!! I had never considered that some people don't have an inner voice.

Do You Have an Internal Dialogue? Not Everyone Does
Here's What It's Like To Not Have An Internal Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Interesting. Mine goes nonstop. Never occurred to me not everyone had one.
Ditto. Nonstop. I enjoy being my own best company.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:16 AM   #4492
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
On our trip home, I learned there is such a thing as 85 octane.

I did get gas under $2.50 in 3 states.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:31 AM   #4493
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Ditto. Nonstop. I enjoy being my own best company.
I can't get mine to shut up.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:43 AM   #4494
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I can't get mine to shut up.
We're talking about inner voices, not dishwashers.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFT KC learned Nah Software Tuning 3 03-17-2016 12:52 AM
Learned some interesting things about my car today... SisterBlue22 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 08-09-2015 02:23 PM
Everything I know, I learned from the internet. Chillswitch Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 17 01-09-2015 02:31 PM
KC learned, what does it mean? wparsons Software Tuning 4 08-15-2014 11:37 PM
Today I learned (TIL) IloveBaldEagles Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 5 03-16-2013 08:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.