|
||||||
| Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86 |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: raven frs
Location: lake havasu city, az
Posts: 85
Thanks: 5
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Car worth
I'm sorry yall, I'm not sure where to post this. I took car to shop for check engine light, got motor back broken. Took to another mechanic, he says first shop messed it up and now he can't fully rotate the motor. Some valves are hitting pistons I'm assuming. So, gonna be selling this car, but I have no idea what to ask for it. Maybe someone could help me out? 2013 raven frs base, stick, 82k miles, half of car just got repainted. Regular bolt on, exhaust nothing fancy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Proud of BOXER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
|
$500-1k?
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
If I were looking for a DIY project, I might go $3-4K on a decent car with a bad motor. Of course, if I could get it for $500-$1k, I would.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: raven frs
Location: lake havasu city, az
Posts: 85
Thanks: 5
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
That's kind of what I was thinking, tyvm
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Proud of BOXER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
|
As a side note @booher, I'm terribly sorry that this happened to your car. What a headache and royal pain in the ass all of this must be. You have my condolences.
Are you planning to find another one? Maybe a '23 GR86 instead?
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: raven frs
Location: lake havasu city, az
Posts: 85
Thanks: 5
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Right, such a terrible string of bad luck! Actually, looking into maybe 22 wrx, there is a deal till end of May through subaru to get 2.8% Apr, lost all equity in car so no money down, The hard part is, every Subaru dealer around me has sold all of their 22's and only have 23's
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
|
Depends on your area's market. Around here a decent roller is around 5-6k. They don't pop up often and get snatched up quick.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: RAVEN
Location: LONDON ONTARIO
Posts: 795
Thanks: 86
Thanked 800 Times in 346 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
Agree with the above. Advertise on FB Marketplace with a high price and adjust down if need be. At 5k in my hood it would be a great LS project or I know I could get an engine for a few grand and install it myself. Anyone wanting to build a track car is going to be doing a new engine anyways, so this would be another potential buyer; at 5k they would be selling a bunch of stock stuff to reduce the cost anyways.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| What is my BRZ Worth? | RWDWeekend | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 23 | 01-26-2021 08:18 PM |
| IS IT WORTH IT!?! | turtlefeeder | Want-To-Buy Requests | 9 | 07-24-2017 12:03 PM |
| Does it worth to buy and fix this BRZ ? | kilohercas | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 12 | 01-07-2015 12:26 PM |
| Is it worth it? | Greaser | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 45 | 08-10-2012 10:15 AM |
| is this worth doing | denverizzles | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 7 | 08-03-2012 11:35 AM |