follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #2773
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
I am vindicated!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #2774
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant
 
soundman98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 11,327
Thanks: 35,240
Thanked 13,677 Times in 6,782 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am vindicated!
:Come on, everyone loves brussel sprouts. Some love to eat them, some love to throw them!
__________________
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:13 AM   #2775
Dadhawk
Senior Member
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am vindicated!
Oddly, I like cabbage. Well, not cabbage exactly but sauerkraut, although I can eat cabbage.

Broccoli is OK depending on what it's in. My wife makes a Broccoli salad that is great, but that's probably because the sweetness and the bacon in it eliminate all the broccoli taste.

Brussels sprouts are the devil's vegetable though.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 12:33 AM   #2776
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am vindicated!
I understand it to be the gene for sensitivity to bitterness. Do you also hate grapefruit? I love grapefruit. ...and tonic drinks.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:08 PM   #2777
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I understand it to be the gene for sensitivity to bitterness. Do you also hate grapefruit? I love grapefruit. ...and tonic drinks.
I love grapefruit, it doesn't love me
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:15 PM   #2778
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I love grapefruit, it doesn't love me
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:20 PM   #2779
86-75309
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Drives: Until recently, a 2020 Hakone 86
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 379
Thanks: 72
Thanked 519 Times in 200 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Grapefruit and many prescription drugs have a complicated relationship, too.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...drugs-dont-mix
For the record, I like broccoli but I can't stand brussel sprouts or cabbage. Cauliflower is "meh".
86-75309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:00 AM   #2780
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86-75309 View Post
Grapefruit and many prescription drugs have a complicated relationship, too.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...drugs-dont-mix
For the record, I like broccoli but I can't stand brussel sprouts or cabbage. Cauliflower is "meh".
I have heard that Brussel sprouts have been tweaked over the years (lightly modified in "our" language) to make them less bitter.. I used to hate them but now don't mind and on occasion find them sweet tasting..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:19 PM   #2781
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Today I learned that I driven my BRZeeeee almost 3 times further this week then the whole of last year... Last year, 300 miles.. this week circa 900miles..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #2782
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86-75309 View Post
Grapefruit and many prescription drugs have a complicated relationship, too.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...drugs-dont-mix
For the record, I like broccoli but I can't stand brussel sprouts or cabbage. Cauliflower is "meh".
Yea, I can't have grapefruit because of my heart meds. I asked my cardiologist why years ago and he said grapefruit has something in it that prevents certain drugs from being filtered out of the blood, so the drugs build up to toxic levels. I was wondering like, if I went to a party, and they were serving punch that I didn't know had the juice, would I like start going into convulsions? He laughed and said no. You just want to avoid on a regular basis.

Now, a vodka tonic sounds great. Off to the liquor store, and I can also buy my winning mega millions ticket.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:12 PM   #2783
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am vindicated!
So what's the gene for green beans?
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #2784
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
So what's the gene for green beans?
Bean Jean Green, Michael Jackson wrote a song about the same..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #2785
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Oddly, I like cabbage. Well, not cabbage exactly but sauerkraut, although I can eat cabbage.
I love cabbage. Now sauerkraut is something I need to try. My only memory of kraut is my mom opening a can of some really disgusting stuff when I was a kid. Next time I'm at the German deli I'll have to ask for a taste.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:19 PM   #2786
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Bean Jean Green, Michael Jackson wrote a song about the same..
Not my lover..
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFT KC learned Nah Software Tuning 3 03-17-2016 12:52 AM
Learned some interesting things about my car today... SisterBlue22 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 08-09-2015 02:23 PM
Everything I know, I learned from the internet. Chillswitch Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 17 01-09-2015 02:31 PM
KC learned, what does it mean? wparsons Software Tuning 4 08-15-2014 11:37 PM
Today I learned (TIL) IloveBaldEagles Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 5 03-16-2013 08:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.