follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2022, 09:39 PM   #127
Robotaz
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: 2022 GR86 Premium
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Thanks: 20
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here’s mine.

Robotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #128
CincyJohn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Posts: 492
Thanks: 143
Thanked 315 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
Here’s mine.
Looks good. But it definitely confirms to me that I do not want the STI side vent inserts and that my first mod will be blacking out the side markers/reflectors with nightshade. Saw my first 22 twin "in the wild" today - halo white GR86 premium. Looked pretty good!!
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #129
Robotaz
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: 2022 GR86 Premium
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Thanks: 20
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
Looks good. But it definitely confirms to me that I do not want the STI side vent inserts and that my first mod will be blacking out the side markers/reflectors with nightshade. Saw my first 22 twin "in the wild" today - halo white GR86 premium. Looked pretty good!!

I didn’t have a choice. I assume they can be removed.
Robotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #130
CincyJohn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Posts: 492
Thanks: 143
Thanked 315 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I didn’t have a choice. I assume they can be removed.
I think so - and I don't think they are awful - may even look good on another color. But why hide any of the beautiful neptune if you don't have to! Congrats!
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 03:37 PM   #131
Robotaz
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: 2022 GR86 Premium
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Thanks: 20
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
I think so - and I don't think they are awful - may even look good on another color. But why hide any of the beautiful neptune if you don't have to! Congrats!

Oh I completely agree. Plus I never like black plastic slapped on cars like the current and former Corvettes. It just looks cheap to me.
Robotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #132
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: 2022 GR86
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 1,727
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,324 Times in 728 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)


Finally I joined the club
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:01 PM   #133
autosenses
Senior Member
 
autosenses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 156
Thanks: 14
Thanked 55 Times in 35 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post


Finally I joined the club
congrats!
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:52 PM   #134
fredzy
Mebmer
 
fredzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: Sienna, GR86, TourX
Location: PA
Posts: 655
Thanks: 418
Thanked 492 Times in 304 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post


Finally I joined the club
Oh hey, I thought I read in some other post of yours that you have the GR shift knob. If that’s right, can you post a pic of it? I actually want that but it looks like it could be a little big/bulky, so wanted to see a proper view of it installed.

Not sure why I just thought of this now hah.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #135
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: 2022 GR86
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 1,727
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,324 Times in 728 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Oh hey, I thought I read in some other post of yours that you have the GR shift knob. If that’s right, can you post a pic of it? I actually want that but it looks like it could be a little big/bulky, so wanted to see a proper view of it installed.

Not sure why I just thought of this now hah.
Sure!
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149222
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:22 PM   #136
AnotherDude000
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2022 GR86 Neptune Blue!
Location: Fairview, Oregon
Posts: 119
Thanks: 22
Thanked 48 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just sharing some photos from this morning!
Attached Images
    
AnotherDude000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:40 PM   #137
Robotaz
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: 2022 GR86 Premium
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 74
Thanks: 20
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Robotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:15 AM   #138
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: 2022 GR86
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 1,727
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,324 Times in 728 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Here's a comparison with BMW Laguna Seca Blue.
This was shot on iPhone 13 Pro, but when my BMW friend and I looked at the photo we were surprised that the LSB looks not as green in the photo as it did in real life. In real life the LSB color is a bit more "stale lake water" green.

timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:11 AM   #139
CincyJohn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Location: Cincinnati, OHIO
Posts: 492
Thanks: 143
Thanked 315 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Brought her home and got her washed. Already disabled hill assist and seat belt chime. Next up is remove clutch assist spring, unplug fake engine noise, black out side markers, reverse lights.
Attached Images
  
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #140
Mhaley777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Drives: 2022 GR86 Neptune Base AT
Location: Gulf Shores, AL
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks even better with ceramic and a window tint!

Here is mine with the windows and ceramic coating done. Next will be the side markers and aero stabilizer!
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Mhaley777; 05-10-2022 at 01:31 PM. Reason: left out attachments
Mhaley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greg's Neptune 86 Greg_2086 Member's Car Journals 15 07-25-2024 06:50 PM
GR86 Names to Orders thread 86chris GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) 18 08-20-2021 09:48 AM
GR86 In R7 of the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup + GR86 coming to Grand Turismo Sport Blighty GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) 28 07-18-2021 03:38 PM
Neptune Blue with Ceramic Pro installed theneptune86 FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 11 05-15-2020 01:08 PM
Blue Hornet Build Thread Freshfrs86 Member's Car Journals 13 01-26-2015 11:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.