follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2022, 11:56 AM   #19405
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy
 
BrahmaBull1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 589
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 446 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostquick View Post
Please give us a review of the IRP shifter. I’ve been on the fence on this mod. Would like to hear your thoughts.
Happy to provide pictures and feedback!
__________________
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:59 PM   #19406
Grady
Senior Member
 
Grady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Drives: BRZ Yellow, Ranger, Evora, WCM S2K
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,712
Thanks: 354
Thanked 1,500 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
More like ruined the wallet.
Nope my wallet is just fine!
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #19407
Dorb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: 16 LM STI/13 LM BRZ/04 AVALANCHE
Location: Ohio,Dayton area...
Posts: 318
Thanks: 196
Thanked 89 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Today went and made sure my trickle charger was doing the job in the garage. Spring is coming and snow going away soon.
Dorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #19408
The Red One
Pro Couch surfer
 
The Red One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Drives: 2019 BRZ Sport-tech RS.City car:GD3
Location: Mtl south shore
Posts: 733
Thanks: 996
Thanked 1,017 Times in 518 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorb View Post
Today went and made sure my trickle charger was doing the job in the garage. Spring is coming and snow going away soon.



That has become my routine as well every time I need to pull out the snow blower.
Im always relieved the BRZ is still there as well.
Give it a little nudge to see the brakes are not seized with rust.

March 15 is when winter tires are no longer compulsory round my parts.
The Red One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #19409
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy
 
BrahmaBull1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 589
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 446 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostquick View Post
Please give us a review of the IRP shifter. I’ve been on the fence on this mod. Would like to hear your thoughts.
24hr review! The IRP shifter (V3) rattle is overblown if you use the provided dampening hardware. First gear for me is a touch tricky - I have to rock it back slightly and then into first, but very manageable. The height is perfect and the shifts feel so crisp. I feel like I can shift MUCH quicker now which helps to combat the short 1st and 2nd gears.

The Jackson racing dual radiator/oil cooler is great also. I was hooning a bit on the backroads and couldn’t break 200*f. Previously it would be around 215 with the forester OEM oil regulator.

All in all, do not feel like I wasted money.
__________________
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:57 PM   #19410
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
24hr review! The IRP shifter (V3) rattle is overblown if you use the provided dampening hardware.
Mine is only really bad at high RPM in 4th gear, like over 5k to redline. Everywhere else it is not too bad. Usually it is high in the RPM's is where it is most noticeable.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:38 PM   #19411
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy
 
BrahmaBull1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 589
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 446 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Mine is only really bad at high RPM in 4th gear, like over 5k to redline. Everywhere else it is not too bad. Usually it is high in the RPM's is where it is most noticeable.
Yeah I have no issues cruising. My exhaust is pumping the tunes under load. And I’m not one of those dudes that says “just turn up the radio, bro.” This is my baby and I want it to be authentic.
__________________
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:52 PM   #19412
2020BRZtS
Senior Member
 
2020BRZtS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Location: PA
Posts: 688
Thanks: 432
Thanked 832 Times in 397 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got it inspected. The problem with buying a sports car in the winter is it has to be inspected in the winter. I let it run out by a week and in 2 more years it won't be due until Spring!
2020BRZtS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #19413
wolffbite
Just the tip
 
wolffbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Location: BC, CANADA
Posts: 633
Thanks: 921
Thanked 881 Times in 378 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
Yeah I have no issues cruising. My exhaust is pumping the tunes under load. And I’m not one of those dudes that says “just turn up the radio, bro.” This is my baby and I want it to be authentic.
My V3 rattled from 3000rpm+ in all gears. Reinstalled it once to make sure I hadn't missed something. I've heard of people with no rattles, or rattles as bad as I had. Seems pretty hit or miss.



Loved the racecar feel shifting for the week I had it, but as my DD I just couldn't handle the noise. Sold it to a local guy for what I paid less shipping.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #19414
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy
 
BrahmaBull1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 589
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 446 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
My V3 rattled from 3000rpm+ in all gears. Reinstalled it once to make sure I hadn't missed something. I've heard of people with no rattles, or rattles as bad as I had. Seems pretty hit or miss.



Loved the racecar feel shifting for the week I had it, but as my DD I just couldn't handle the noise. Sold it to a local guy for what I paid less shipping.
It for sure rattles a bit over 3k rpm but I can handle it. I just tell myself “race car.”
__________________
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #19415
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
My V3 rattled from 3000rpm+ in all gears. Reinstalled it once to make sure I hadn't missed something. I've heard of people with no rattles, or rattles as bad as I had. Seems pretty hit or miss.



Loved the racecar feel shifting for the week I had it, but as my DD I just couldn't handle the noise. Sold it to a local guy for what I paid less shipping.
Sometimes mine rattles differently within the same day. One session it will be relatively okay, another it will sound like there are a bunch of loose parts under the car. Which to be honest is within the realms of possibility
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:02 PM   #19416
therealstoly
Senior Member
 
therealstoly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited
Location: Reno
Posts: 112
Thanks: 214
Thanked 224 Times in 75 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Installed my revlimiter gauges -

Last edited by therealstoly; 02-21-2022 at 12:24 AM.
therealstoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:47 PM   #19417
Busybee
Senior Member
 
Busybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: GR86 Trueno Edition
Location: NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 1,876
Thanked 237 Times in 119 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Washed her after the winter storm




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________


Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:58 PM   #19418
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy
 
BrahmaBull1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 589
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 446 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
Washed her after the winter storm




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Washed mine yesterday..already dirty
__________________
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw My First FR-S Today Marrk Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 26 05-15-2013 12:40 PM
Got my new FR-S today. Boosted2.0 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 51 06-03-2012 10:35 PM
Sat in a FRS today!! Ladnerd Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 04-30-2012 01:48 PM
Got my VIN today... Enemies BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 63 04-12-2012 10:19 PM
sat in a BRZ today NESW20 BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 8 03-31-2012 08:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.