follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2022, 01:20 PM   #1
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Introduction/new member

I didn't see a new member post sticky'd here, so I'll do it here.

I am the proud owner of a WR Blue '22 Limited with MT, and many of the common extra's like the all weather mats, bumper protector, and auto dimming mirrors. I've also got the footwell lighting which wasn't something I wanted, but it's how the car came equipped. In this market beggars can't be choosers.

I got seriously lucky in finding/landing the car:

After seeing no physical vehicles in inventory anywhere in my metro area, I went to my local Toyota dealer to see what they could do. That dealership like others in my area had inbound inventory stretching out to late March. However 99% of those GR86's were all auto's. Ordering wasn't an option.

A trip to my nearest local Subaru dealer led to a salesman VERY willing to order me a BRZ exactly like I wanted. However, this was the night before the announcement of the halt on all MY22 orders and even at that time, they lost all ability to place an order. The salesman then mentions they have one, WR Blue BRZ Limited on their lot. It still belongs to Subaru USA and can't be sold right away because it is the demo car for the auto show that weekend. However, he would be able to sell it to me after they take possession of the car follow the auto show. So... I put down a deposit and waited a week while the car was transferred from Subaru USA to the dealership.

Due to timing of the sale, I bought the car, drove it home, parked it in the garage and promptly left town from 8 days. I've only driven it twice, but am really enjoying it so far and look many, many more miles behind the wheel.

Here are my random thoughts so far.

Mods: Just a few minor cosmetics at this point.
- Debadge as soon as the weather warms up
- Clear front side markers
- Maybe paint the brake calipers. I don't want them to stand out more, but I'm not convinced the silver paint on them now will do a very good job in keeping the calipers from looking horrible after they get some heat and brake dust on them. If painting does happen I'll most likely make them black.
- Shift knob is a possibility. Not really liking the feel/shape of the stock knob

Performance-wise I have no complaints. I'm coming from a BMW 435i and despite giving up 100+ HP, the car is about 800lbs lighter and far more responsive. I don't really miss the HP at all. I prefer a lighter, more tossible platform I can wring out easily over a heavy land missile.

I'm heavily into doing my own detailing and have been doing it seriously for about 10 years. I'll be machine polishing and ceramic coating the car myself as soon as weather and time permit. I look forward to sharing my detailing experience here with the community.

I'll also be autocrossing the car. I've completed roughly four seasons with local SCCA chapter and look forward to attacking this season with this new car. I'll be running it stock in DS this season just to learn the car and will see where things lead in the future. I look forward to learning about tire/wheel choices and other tips from members here with experience in this platform and the first gen.

Since car history for the last decade is all German (MK6 GTI, BMW 435), I also look forward to learning about the best places to buy OEM parts, mods, etc. It's a different world and I'll absorb everything I can.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desertnate For This Useful Post:
bcj (02-01-2022), Midnightsky (01-31-2022), Pete (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 05:14 PM   #2
Pete

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum! That's some great luck getting the car, congrats. Most people have to wait a lot longer than a week.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Welcome to the forum! That's some great luck getting the car, congrats. Most people have to wait a lot longer than a week.
I was fully prepared to wait much longer. My first conversation with the Subaru dealership outreach person mentioned about 16 weeks after order. After speaking to a salesman he stated upwards of six months. I almost fell out of my chair when he mentioned having one on the lot. Since the car still belonged to Subaru and not the dealership it didn't appear on any car finder site or even the dealership's inventory.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Desertnate For This Useful Post:
Pete (02-01-2022)