follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #1
Aroundomaha

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB & Apple CarPlay

I've been reading but haven't found this one, so if I've missed an obvious answer it wasn't intentional.

I took a ride yesterday and was playing MP3s from a USB. Every time I plugged in my phone Apple Car play could start and the USB disconnected.

Playing USB files while charging my phone is pretty typical behavior for me, so this sort of irritated me.

Anyone else found this behavior?
Aroundomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:57 PM   #2
wilsynet

That’s not surprising at all. I think the most common use case is that someone who plugs in their iPhone will be playing music from their iPhone rather than from another connected USB media source. Building a system that supports both connected devices intelligently and simultaneously is probably complicated so they didn’t do that since it’s uncommon.

Two ideas:

1) Have you considered loading the music files on your phone instead and playing music through Apple CarPlay?

2) As a workaround, if the only thing you want to do is charge your iPhone, you can get a power-only USB cable. CarPlay won’t work, but you don’t want CarPlay, right? You just want to charge your phone.
wilsynet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsynet For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 10:14 PM   #3
Aroundomaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsynet View Post
That’s not surprising at all. I think the most common use case is that someone who plugs in their iPhone will be playing music from their iPhone rather than from another connected USB media source.
I don't think it is too complicated for the engineers but also not a huge deal for me. It's something I got used to in my old GTI.
Aroundomaha is offline   Reply With Quote