|
|
#491 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2021
Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Your thread helped me quantify picking up my FRS because of how in depth the information was of what kind of milage i was to expect.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#492 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
|
Well....crap....
So, this happened this morning.
I was about 5 miles from home waiting to turn right stopped at a light. Lady pulled up behind me in a Suburban and stopped close enough she couldn't see the tail end of my car. She said she saw a car go by out of the corner of her eye, thought it was me and moved forward. Had I not had my foot on the brake it probably wouldn't have been as bad. Fortunately, she quickly admitted it was her fault, called the police, and was found at fault. As far as I can tell there is no fender or trunk floor damage. I'm guessing it will still end up totaled though. The fender looks creased in this but that is a reflection of the trunck. More to come.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.
Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark. What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk". |
|
|
|
|
|
#493 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2018 BRZ
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,056
Thanks: 1,491
Thanked 888 Times in 513 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
That sucks. And only a couple of days ago you said "if the FRS caught on fire today, I'd probably get a Gen 2" so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Good luck with the insurance!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#494 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
|
Oh man that's heartbreaking.
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
|
|
|
|
|
|
#495 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
|
Quote:
![]() It is indeed. I'm holding hope there's enough value left that they'll fix it, we'll see. If it does get totaled I'll likely drive our Suburban until Fall to see if prices settle down a bit.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.
Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark. What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk". |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#496 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ / 13 BRZ
Location: Michigan
Posts: 685
Thanks: 1,169
Thanked 462 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
That’s bad. Glad no injuries and that it did not catch on fire.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#497 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Location: Stonington, Connecticut
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 1,605
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,098 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I hope it doesn't get totaled. In worst case scenario, would you be looking into getting the second gen? I know you were looking at the Ford Truck or even the Cadillac Blackwing
__________________
“God gave me an okay mind, but a really good ass, which can feel everything in a car.” Nikki Lauda
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#498 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: frs
Location: Gunsai
Posts: 4,960
Thanks: 7,502
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
|
Make it a track car for weekends and buy Gen 2
|
|
|
|
|
|
#499 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
|
Quote:
I absolutely would love to have the CT5-V Blackwing but at >$100K properly configured it's just more than I am willing to pay for a car. I might look at the ATS-V, as I think it's an under appreciated car and a good example can be had for less than $50K. As far as the truck, I have a reservation on the Silverado EV, but it won't be available until sometime in 2023. If the 86 does get totalled, I'll likely drive our Suburban through the summer just to see what happens to used prices and new car availability.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.
Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark. What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk". |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#500 |
|
Famous Potatoes
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#501 |
|
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
|
I had the side rail and quarter panel replaced not long ago. Covered, no problem.
That'll buff out.
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown |
|
|
|
|
|
#502 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
|
KBB Private Sale with mileage is max $7,200.
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.
Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark. What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk". |
|
|
|
|
|
#503 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#504 |
|
The Dictater
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
|
I'm guessing just barely totaled if the other quarter panel and light are damaged. Bet you we see it show up with another member in Florida if it is lol.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Tags |
| dadhawk, first86 |
|
|