follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
ponggo

Drives: 2012, toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
id1050x on the 86

Hi guys!

Just got my new injectors, an ID 1050x,

was wondering, given the fact that the stock injectors have a long nozzle, and require the injector o-rings, I am sure that these injector o-rings will be removed.

So for the ID 1050x, given that it has a really short tip, do i need to put an o-ring in? or washer? or something?

images and diagrams can surely help here.

thanks!
ponggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:23 PM   #2
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Yes, put them in.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
ponggo

btw, put what in? a washer of some sort? or just stick the injector in there without anything else?
Old 11-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
The injectors still need an o-ring to seal properly. So make sure the seats and the rings are clean and lubed
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
ponggo

can anyone show me what o-rings i need to put in there?
Old 11-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #6
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
My DWs came with new ones in the package but if your old ones look decent I would say use those. Might want to wait for a professional to weigh in on reusing them though.
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:31 AM   #7
ponggo

if im not mistaken, dw has a long tip, so yeah, it is the same o-ring. but the ID is the super barely there tip.so i dont know if ill have to put anything there in the seat
Old 11-09-2021, 08:02 PM   #8
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus

Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponggo View Post
if im not mistaken, dw has a long tip, so yeah, it is the same o-ring. but the ID is the super barely there tip.so i dont know if ill have to put anything there in the seat

This might answer your question, around 1:37

I think the "o-ring" you are referring to is the thicker seal that the original injectors seated against in the intake. The ID1050x's come with actual o-rings, top and bottom, to seal in the fuel rail and intake. The thickness of the original seal may make the new injectors too tall which would prevent the fuel rail from mounting properly, you'll have to test fit it and see. Honestly, I don't remember if I used that original seal or not with my 1050's.

BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:14 AM   #9
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey there! So I've seen a lot of people talk about this and get it wrong, so I actually emailed Injector Dynamics asking this question.

The 1050x injectors for the 86 platform have a cap on the nozzle end with a thin o-ring around the edge of the cap. On my specific injectors the cap is a darker color than the rest of the injector. That cap is what is actually making your injector look like it has a short nozzle. The rest of the nozzle is just hidden behind the cap. This cap comes off by the way, but they're are left on and installed as is into the car.

Now, on a stock car, there is a thick o-ring/seal thing on the stock injector nozzle, as well has a thick seal IN the hole the injector sits in. After asking Injector Dynamics, the cap with the thin o-ring on the new injectors replace the thick seal in the hole. You can leave the thick o-ring/seals on the stock injector nozzles. They don't get reused; the cap on the new injectors replaces it.

After install, the injectors should fit snuggly in their holes, and all the hardware should go back on easily without needing longer hardware or spacers. If you have more questions, let me know! If you need a picture of what I'm talking about, I'll take the time to make a diagram.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG

Last edited by FunnyGopher; 11-14-2021 at 01:24 AM.
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 08:03 AM   #10
GPhilly

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ (Edelbrock SC)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGopher View Post
Hey there! So I've seen a lot of people talk about this and get it wrong, so I actually emailed Injector Dynamics asking this question.

The 1050x injectors for the 86 platform have a cap on the nozzle end with a thin o-ring around the edge of the cap. On my specific injectors the cap is a darker color than the rest of the injector. That cap is what is actually making your injector look like it has a short nozzle. The rest of the nozzle is just hidden behind the cap. This cap comes off by the way, but they're are left on and installed as is into the car.

Now, on a stock car, there is a thick o-ring/seal thing on the stock injector nozzle, as well has a thick seal IN the hole the injector sits in. After asking Injector Dynamics, the cap with the thin o-ring on the new injectors replace the thick seal in the hole. You can leave the thick o-ring/seals on the stock injector nozzles. They don't get reused; the cap on the new injectors replaces it.

After install, the injectors should fit snuggly in their holes, and all the hardware should go back on easily without needing longer hardware or spacers. If you have more questions, let me know! If you need a picture of what I'm talking about, I'll take the time to make a diagram.
The cap of one of my injectors came loose and sprayed gas all over my engine bay... I am wondering if the cap is not suppose to separate from the ejector. I may need to replace the injector.
GPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote