|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#15 |
|
Wheels for Brains
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 952
Thanks: 122
Thanked 653 Times in 399 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
|
@Qwimby1
Like others have said, the usual rev limiter on the FRS/BRZ/86 is a hard fuel cut-off at the redline (it won't bounce). It will feel like you are hitting a wall since the engine cuts power.
However, many tunes (including OFT) raise the redline up to 7800 for the hard fuel cut-off. That way, you can continue to hold some revs at/near the normal operating redline (7400) without having to worry about getting smacked by the fuel cut-off |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Location: PA
Posts: 688
Thanks: 432
Thanked 832 Times in 397 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
The configurable setting is only for the indicator and/or the audible. I set mine to 4800 during break-in and I go passed it every time I drive. I like the beep. The true rev limiter is in the 7000s and I've hit it several times. It just jolts you in your seat for a moment.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| How do I get an ECU rev limiter like this? | Tor | Software Tuning | 44 | 03-21-2017 10:17 PM |
| Where Do You Set Your Rev Limiter? | Chad86 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 38 | 06-10-2014 04:48 AM |
| Top/Speed limiter for the 86? | DriftEightSix | AUSTRALIA | 4 | 09-12-2012 01:53 AM |
| Rev limiter? | feldy | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 4 | 06-03-2012 10:47 PM |
| <3 my rev limiter | NESW20 | Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions | 1 | 05-02-2010 11:05 PM |