follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #183
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yesterday I got: "What the hell is that??? Is that a Bugatti?"
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #184
Nate219BRZ

Drives: Rip 04 golf gti rip 05 scion TC
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Its like my dad said. When people pass car accidents and stare at the police and the mangled wreck, then run into somebody, Is it the polices fault their cop cars have drawn attention to something, causing another accident. Nope, also when you check out a girl do you stare like a creep with ur huge eyes and smile. I hope not... Game -5. Unless shes staring at ur car with her big tits and smiles, maybe then stare back and mouth "hi" (this tactic has worked on multiple occasions minus the BRZ)
Nate219BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #185
Tomzilla

Drives: '13 Premium MT BRZ
I've literally had more experiences in the past 4 weeks than I can count or remember for that matter. Never had such attention since birth.

Here's a couple that come to mind:

-Driving through town and stopped at a redlight. Three or four kids with skateboards walking across the street and bee-line it to my car. One of the list rascals asks, "Can I have it?!" I respond, "Know how to drive stick?", Boy: "I can learn!" Me: "Got $30k?" Boy: "...no."
-Drove to Longwood Gardens with my girlfriend, parked, and 3 older couples park right behind me. They get out of the car and one of the men said they were following me for a while and couldn't get over how sharp looking it was.
-Driving through town again, and heard, "There it is! The new Scion!" ..I drive the BRZ.
-My girlfriend likes to count the headturns and near accidents we cause on highways when taking beach trips. She says she feels like a celebrity everytime she gets out because of the stares.
-I get a lot of shouting too... People just word vomit when they see it for some reason.
-Got some love from a Lotus Elise coming up from the beach with my girl. Got a wave and head nod. Feelsgoodman.

FeelsREALgoodman.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #186
genometuning

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
its the new car infatuation. the first of its model. I think the most attention i got was from a 1st gen 350z. It drove people wild how crazy it looked. now everyone treats it like last weeks meat.
genometuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #187
mechaghost

Drives: Silver AT Limited
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
People kept calling the BRZ the FR-S during the big subaru northwest meet. I dunno why since we are in a Subaru event...
mechaghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mechaghost For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (07-17-2012), kappaknight (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #188
Stu baru
Official Cobb beer knurd

Drives: 2013 BRZ-L MT SWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So I picked up my SWP BRZ Limited after work yesterday and while I didn't notice anyone reacting on the drive home from the dealer, my wife, who was following me, said she couldn't believe how many guys she saw pointing and waving. I guess I just focused on getting to know the car and wasn't looking around.

We did go for a drive once we dropped her car off and that time I did see some pretty funny "OMG!" kinds of expressions on a few passing motorists.

A co-worker of mine pulled in right behind me this morning and commented "you traded your wagon ('08 Outback XT) for that?" and laughed.
Stu baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #189
OMNOM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Drives: 2013 Infiniti G37xS Sedan
Yesterday I was "stalked" by an Audi A3 for at least 5 miles on the highway as they checked out my car. Kept up to look from the side, got behind me, looked at the other side, got in front of me. A couple times I looked over and made eye contact. I guess the dude really liked the BRZ.

Also caught someone taking a picture of it when I was leaving the gym.
OMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #190
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
So as of this morning, I'm on my third "what car?" incident where some dumb shit, decided to nearly run head on into me turning a corner. I can only assume it's because the car is so low he just looked right over the top of me?

This is the third time I've nearly been hit by stupid blind people. The first, some ass clown from California (no offense to those on this forum) decided to make a u-turn on main street, she pulled off slightly in a parking lot, then just went, right as I was coming around the corner, clean in front of me across two lanes of traffic. Good brakes on these things.

The second was some 187 year old man with his wrinkly ass wife, I was just passing an intersection and this jack ass runs the stop sign and turn literally right into where I was, I swerved to the parking lane and since nobody was parked for a few blocks in it, kept up beside him for a few seconds, neither noticed me so I roared in front of him, cutting his ass off, as I was doing this, I saw him in my side mirror, it literally took him 4-5 seconds to realize I was IN FRONT OF HIM and then I watched in horror as he stared at me trying to focus on me and drifted into the other lane! Fortunately nobody was coming and he straightened out.

I'm now half tempted to just leave the car in the garage.

Does this count as reactions I'm getting to my car?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #191
Shinobi2u

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
So as of this morning, I'm on my third "what car?" incident where some dumb shit, decided to nearly run head on into me turning a corner. I can only assume it's because the car is so low he just looked right over the top of me?

This is the third time I've nearly been hit by stupid blind people. The first, some ass clown from California (no offense to those on this forum) decided to make a u-turn on main street, she pulled off slightly in a parking lot, then just went, right as I was coming around the corner, clean in front of me across two lanes of traffic. Good brakes on these things.

The second was some 187 year old man with his wrinkly ass wife, I was just passing an intersection and this jack ass runs the stop sign and turn literally right into where I was, I swerved to the parking lane and since nobody was parked for a few blocks in it, kept up beside him for a few seconds, neither noticed me so I roared in front of him, cutting his ass off, as I was doing this, I saw him in my side mirror, it literally took him 4-5 seconds to realize I was IN FRONT OF HIM and then I watched in horror as he stared at me trying to focus on me and drifted into the other lane! Fortunately nobody was coming and he straightened out.

I'm now half tempted to just leave the car in the garage.

Does this count as reactions I'm getting to my car?
None taken. Unfortunately about 70% of people in Southern California (not sure if the northern part is different) don't know how to drive, especially when it actually rains. I may live here, but I didn't learn to drive here thankfully.

Sounds like some scary stuff though, glad you're not having to post pictures of your wrecked BRZ on the forum due to some careless jackass at the very least.
Shinobi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #192
ShoGun

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Lots... of... tailgaters...

think theyre trying to read the badges?
ShoGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #193
Shinobi2u

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Driving back from the dealer I noticed people occasionally staring from other lanes (mostly with a look like they were trying to figure out what I was driving). Also was next to a black STi in traffic on the 450 and he gave me a thumbs up and I replied likewise. Also had someone in an SUV across from me at a light on Sepulveda and when I pulled next to him in the turn lane and he grinned and gave me a thumbs up and I just grinned back and waved. Not bad within the first hour of having the car, but mainly I am just enjoying it myself. Only got to barely drive it on anything but the highway so far, so looking forward to having some fun.
Shinobi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #194
ApexNailer

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Premium 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2u View Post
Driving back from the dealer I noticed people occasionally staring from other lanes (mostly with a look like they were trying to figure out what I was driving). Also was next to a black STi in traffic on the 450 and he gave me a thumbs up and I replied likewise. Also had someone in an SUV across from me at a light on Sepulveda and when I pulled next to him in the turn lane and he grinned and gave me a thumbs up and I just grinned back and waved. Not bad within the first hour of having the car, but mainly I am just enjoying it myself. Only got to barely drive it on anything but the highway so far, so looking forward to having some fun.

Congrats! Take good care of that baby.
ApexNailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #195
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Went to the Philadelphia Art Museum... Parked at the top, but aside in the shadows. After awhile, bikers and a few imports came, but I had to leave. Started the car and my headlights cutting through the dark and lit up the entire top steps. Everyone turned and looked at me..... So I drove nice and sllooooooow. Lol. Heard a few mutters, and my brother in law in a bike behind me heard them saying "wtf is he driving".

After that, went to get gas....brother in law said when I went to pay, people were trying to figure out what it was and saying that no way it was a Subaru, lol.
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #196
Nate219BRZ

Drives: Rip 04 golf gti rip 05 scion TC
Today i heard some guy say to his gf "thats the new scion everyones talking about". I stopped in the middle of traffic and yelled out the window. "this is a Subaru THANK YOU!!!"
Nate219BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote