|
||||||
| BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#18117 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited
Location: DC
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Picked it up from the shop after their 3rd attempt to make the front half of the car the same color as the back half.
They’ve failed and I’m done with them. Guess at this point I should just rice the hell out of it... https://imgur.com/a/EjFmgNz |
|
|
|
|
|
#18118 | |
|
Damn that's crazy...
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 971
Thanks: 771
Thanked 772 Times in 467 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18119 | |
|
Rust bucket enthusiast
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18120 |
|
Member
Join Date: Nov 2019
Drives: C6 Corvette
Location: Florida
Posts: 20
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Changed the oil with Motul 300V 0W20.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18121 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited
Location: DC
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Idk where to start. It’s got 100k miles and isn’t worth putting a ton into, and I’m usually a clean/OEM+ guy. Maybe I’ll ditch the STX regs and do something silly with it idk. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18122 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Location: PA
Posts: 688
Thanks: 432
Thanked 832 Times in 397 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Finished interior and exterior LED updates. No halogens left on this go-cart!
Installed latch and hinge protectors. (It's amazing what you'll pick up to get free shipping) Also installed OEM mud guards |
|
|
|
|
|
#18123 |
|
Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Drives: jrsc_brz
Location: boston
Posts: 965
Thanks: 726
Thanked 676 Times in 337 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
i know you all love laughing at people who install performance parts in their driveway and end up ruining their car, so head over to my build thread if you want a good laugh. i installed rLCA today, on top of the coils i did few weeks ago. and now my car is actually dangerous to drive. dont worry, i only ruined it temporarily.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18124 |
|
Member
Join Date: Jul 2019
Drives: BRZ
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Installed JDL UEL headers today.
![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18125 |
|
Just the tip
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Location: BC, CANADA
Posts: 633
Thanks: 921
Thanked 881 Times in 378 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Swapped out my Magnaflow catback for a used Corsa catback and installed a whiteline transmission bushing. Cold start is a lot louder but settles down quickly and in regular city driving it is very reasonable. It only gets loud if you really get on it above 5k rpm. The rest of the exhaust is stock otherwise.
Transmission bushing feels great. Introduces a small amount of gear whine, but shifts feel very solid and you can tell there is a lot less slop. I now realize why the Magnaflow is so cheap and unpopular for twins... 50k kms and I can't believe how rusty the pipes are for a "stainless steel" system. The muffler and resonator were fine but the pipes looked terrible. I'll take some pics when I get I chance. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18126 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 441
Thanks: 501
Thanked 338 Times in 178 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18127 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
|
Bolted up the new Hoosiers, ran then through a 25-minute "drive" to bring them up to temp then made the car a hovercraft in the garage to complete the heat cycle process.
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18128 | |
|
Just the tip
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Location: BC, CANADA
Posts: 633
Thanks: 921
Thanked 881 Times in 378 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Yeah it is still a bit louder than I want, but I like that I can somewhat control the noise by driving more conservatively. If I ever upgrade my headers and get a tune I will have to change it out to something quieter. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18129 |
|
Damn that's crazy...
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 971
Thanks: 771
Thanked 772 Times in 467 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
My work commute nearly doubled last month, which is fine because I get to drive the car that much more
I’ve been keeping an eye on the MPG and it’s been going up. That surprised me because I switched to Indy 500s around a month ago too. Either way, I’m really happy with that
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18130 |
|
Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Drives: jrsc_brz
Location: boston
Posts: 965
Thanks: 726
Thanked 676 Times in 337 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Saw My First FR-S Today | Marrk | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 26 | 05-15-2013 12:40 PM |
| Got my new FR-S today. | Boosted2.0 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 51 | 06-03-2012 10:35 PM |
| Sat in a FRS today!! | Ladnerd | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 12 | 04-30-2012 01:48 PM |
| Got my VIN today... | Enemies | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 63 | 04-12-2012 10:19 PM |
| sat in a BRZ today | NESW20 | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 8 | 03-31-2012 08:53 AM |