follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-13-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
ElijahF
Not funny

Drives: 2019 Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Valenti Tail Lights Question

I've been looking at different colors and styles of tail lights for a while now. I think the Valentis look the best, but there's one question I have. On some videos showing the features of the tail light, it seems that the outer curvy light thing (you know what I mean) doesn't light up unless the parking brake or headlights are on as far as I can tell. On other videos, it does light up even when the car is moving in daylight. I like the look of the valentis, but I don't want the bland horizontal brake light to draw attention away from the outer light. Does anyone know if this only applies on tail lights with certain colors or certain models?

Thanks.

I'm also new to cars so please don't obliterate me
To me, the FT-86 is a 85% complete package. The driver is supposed to fit the last few items in accordance with his personal preference. As stock, it shows potential, but distinctly deficient and cries out for the 'finishing touch'.

Last edited by ElijahF; 07-13-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Addition
ElijahF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
fx1mark

Drives: red 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Jump ahead to about 3 minutes in this video. This is the way Valenti tails function.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE9BqZm1WP8&t=382s[/ame]
fx1mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Moshchnost

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have the smoked gold series. The "bulb" you are talking about comes on any time you have your headlights on. There is a random toggle switch on each light. I haven't flipped them off to see what they do yet lol
Moshchnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshchnost View Post
I have the smoked gold series. The "bulb" you are talking about comes on any time you have your headlights on. There is a random toggle switch on each light. I haven't flipped them off to see what they do yet lol
The toggle switch is there to turn on/off the sequential turn single feature...
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote