|
|
#841 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: BMW 135i, soon to BRZ
Location: LZ, IL
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
I hear it strongest at 1:00 going through the right hander before the slalom...
What is that grind/rub when turning right? |
|
|
|
|
|
#842 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Location: ATL, US
Posts: 2,667
Thanks: 123
Thanked 861 Times in 552 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
|
LSD? I think Bill has a Guard clutch-type LSD in there now.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#843 |
|
Conedancer
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Location: Wizzy..
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 865
Thanked 816 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
I do have the Guard Trans Rear Diff.. not sure what your hearing.. Car is good to go
![]() Bill
__________________
Join my BRZ/FRS FB Group ![]() Thanks to:Kartboy/Wheeldude/Nameless Performance /Gaurd Transmission LSD |
|
|
|
|
|
#844 |
|
Conedancer
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Location: Wizzy..
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 865
Thanked 816 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
As I put my rear Wheel Studs in today.. I listened, as I rolled the rear wheels.. its definitely the Rear Diff..
that along with my creaking and groaning of the rear suspension.. .. Oh.. I did have a minor Brake backing plate rub.. maybe thats what you heard.. All good now.. did the Rear ARP Studs today. not to bad. about an hour a side or so. ![]() So thats all done now. ![]() Bill
__________________
Join my BRZ/FRS FB Group ![]() Thanks to:Kartboy/Wheeldude/Nameless Performance /Gaurd Transmission LSD Last edited by Scooby South; 05-30-2014 at 12:11 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#845 |
|
Conedancer
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Location: Wizzy..
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 865
Thanked 816 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
This little gem makes life soooo easy when it comes to wheel studs... took about 5 mins to seat them onto to the hub..
Lisle Tool 22800: Wheel Stud Intaller http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Stud-I...item43bbf85a6b Bill
__________________
Join my BRZ/FRS FB Group ![]() Thanks to:Kartboy/Wheeldude/Nameless Performance /Gaurd Transmission LSD |
|
|
|
|
|
#846 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 199
Thanks: 75
Thanked 70 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Has the differential change improved the handling in the ways you were hoping it would?
Is the difference subtle or dramatic? |
|
|
|
|
|
#847 |
|
Conedancer
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Location: Wizzy..
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 865
Thanked 816 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
Its alot more predictable now.. I can easily tell when I can get on or off the gas and what the car is going to do ... I can get to the gas quicker and stay on it longer with the GT diff.. Definitely some time there.. I feel it working alot more than the Std. diff. and I don't have to worry about wheel lift now.. DIG DIG DIG.
![]() Bill
__________________
Join my BRZ/FRS FB Group ![]() Thanks to:Kartboy/Wheeldude/Nameless Performance /Gaurd Transmission LSD |
|
|
|
|
|
#848 |
|
Conedancer
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Location: Wizzy..
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 865
Thanked 816 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
Fast run Milwaukee Event #3 Good enough for 15 overall on index out of 171 drivers.
tires-Dunlap Z2's [ame]http://youtu.be/acBMVeovzaE[/ame] Bill
__________________
Join my BRZ/FRS FB Group ![]() Thanks to:Kartboy/Wheeldude/Nameless Performance /Gaurd Transmission LSD |
|
|
|
|
|
#849 |
|
Detroit Region, MI
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Location: Some Abandoned Slab of Concrete
Posts: 738
Thanks: 20
Thanked 200 Times in 143 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
__________________
Detroit / NWOR SCCA Member
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop 2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan 2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP 2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Subaru/Scion warranty and autocross | Ribface | Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting | 55 | 06-17-2015 08:30 PM |
| Will you Autocross your 86? | Ribface | Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting | 131 | 06-22-2012 05:48 PM |
| Which autocross class? | jpdarty7 | Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting | 66 | 06-21-2012 05:53 PM |
| FR-S at a CA Autocross | oneday | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 57 | 03-26-2012 03:38 PM |