follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
dkstylezz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[[SOLD]]

SOLD

Last edited by dkstylezz; 04-03-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 03-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
How many miles on it you reckon?
Also, willing to disclose reason of sell?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
dkstylezz

bump
Old 04-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
dkstylezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu View Post
How many miles on it you reckon?
Also, willing to disclose reason of sell?
Moving out of the country.
15k miles on the blower
Old 04-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
ATaraxias

Drives: 1994 Geo Metro Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstylezz View Post
Moving out of the country.
15k miles on the blower

Do you know if the JRSC was damaged when your engine blew a few days ago?

Some of us would actually like to purchase these used and having to research somebody's IG to find out the actually story behind a piece of "too-good-to-be-true" priced hardware is kind of annoying.

"dk_stylezzNow it's just all waiting game and lots of money lol. Can't wait to get my engine finished by @bluemoonshingo hope I can drop off the engine sometime next week." [Pic of disassembled engine with oil in the wrong spots]
The Following User Says Thank You to ATaraxias For This Useful Post:
x808drifter (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #6
dkstylezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaraxias View Post
Do you know if the JRSC was damaged when your engine blew a few days ago?

Some of us would actually like to purchase these used and having to research somebody's IG to find out the actually story behind a piece of "too-good-to-be-true" priced hardware is kind of annoying.

"dk_stylezzNow it's just all waiting game and lots of money lol. Can't wait to get my engine finished by @bluemoonshingo hope I can drop off the engine sometime next week." [Pic of disassembled engine with oil in the wrong spots]
Thanks for mentioning this but my intentions are far from trying to sell a faulty kit and scamming people. I fully understand your concern. If you understand how this kit works you would also be able to understand that blown motor wont damage the supercharger kit. Its not like i over revved my engine to 10k rpm or anything plus this blower has a pretty good headroom and it would be hard for me to over rev the engine to the point the blower would become damaged. If it was a turbo that would be a different story if some or any particle was to get through the hot side of a turbo it could damage the turbine. This kit is run off of a belt which is impossible something to go through the blower to damage anything. unless someone was to suck up some object through the intake and have it sucked all the way past the inter cooler and made its way into the engine which is not my case. Rotrex unit spins perfectly fine and the rest of the kit did not result in a single scratch or damage as an outcome of the mentioned event. As you mentioned yes too good to be true price but not because its broken. I have been getting low balled like crazy with the 3k price point and decided to lower the price a bit to make the sale more fluent. I have limited time here and at this point as much as i would hate to sell it for cheap, I just need to get this kit off my hands... Once my engine is repaired, Ill be shipping my car to south korea where upon import and customs I am required to get the car inspected for safety and emissions to korean spec. Although i would love and like to take this kit with me, my car would not pass with any sort of modification done to the car that is boost related or exhaust related. hell.. im not even allowed to have my car lower than 12cm. They have very strict modification laws so unfortunately I need to sell this before i leave... Hope you understand where i am coming from.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
Luk3

Drives: 13' Silver FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
what setup were you running when the engine went? How much boost, what tune and what HP? Also how aggressively were you driving?
Old 04-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #8
dkstylezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk3 View Post
what setup were you running when the engine went? How much boost, what tune and what HP? Also how aggressively were you driving?
Tomei uel
Ark dts
Delicious flash and go tune
Engine failure not tune related
Rod bearing failed. Boost or no boost bound to happen to some of us
Was driving home from work pulled into a gas station when I noticed something wrong. Wasn't driven aggresiv when it failed.

Last edited by dkstylezz; 04-03-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Closed Thread