follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
Anagonda

Drives: Hachiroku -17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kicker enclosed subwoofer is good fit!

Just wanted to inform that if you are looking for a cheaper solution than JL audio and can spare some room from the trunk look at kickers slim line.

I bought this:
http://www.kicker.com/12-comprt-subwoofer-box-2-ohm
So a 12" sub with 12" passive. These are available in 2 ohm and 4 ohm elements.

My plan was to have it laying in the trunk, wanted to have 12" and noticed I cannot fit one any other way.

But in the end, I could turn it up and it just fits in the trunk and uses very little space.

I had no tape measurer at hand, but you can see something from the pictures. The box ends at the floor mats cut out (on both sides)
Fits like a glow in between the floor and upper support. I bought this black metal from local shop and used one original Toyota screw (from dash) to screw it tight (there was a hole ready, waiting for this). I believe this is safe in a crash also because it is against the upper support bars lip. So cannot move anywhere.
Attached Images

Anagonda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anagonda For This Useful Post:
Chimera (03-07-2018), TOLM (03-28-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #2
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Looks nice!

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
ShansBRZ

Drives: 2017 brz
How’s it sound?
ShansBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Anagonda

Drives: Hachiroku -17
I have a 500w rms at 2 ohms, Pioneer mono-amp for it. It has enough power for my needs. Half volume is already so that everything is shaking, even the outside mirrors!

I feel this sub needs more power than normal style woofers, but even if I like bass music this is more than enough for me. Actually I was suprised how much sound it puts out. I cannot say about the quality because the extra sounds the car is making breaks the SQ. But I havent yet heard it loose control or miss any beats.

The shaking and prrr sounds everything is making is not so nice! It is the same problem with all subs in a twin.
Anagonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
ShansBRZ

Drives: 2017 brz
I know what you mean about all the extra noises. I just spent three hours putting dynomat in my trunk. It really made a big difference already. Still have to do the doors and under the back seats.
ShansBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
TOLM

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anagonda View Post
Just wanted to inform that if you are looking for a cheaper solution than JL audio and can spare some room from the trunk look at kickers slim line.

I bought this:
http://www.kicker.com/12-comprt-subwoofer-box-2-ohm
So a 12" sub with 12" passive. These are available in 2 ohm and 4 ohm elements.

My plan was to have it laying in the trunk, wanted to have 12" and noticed I cannot fit one any other way.

But in the end, I could turn it up and it just fits in the trunk and uses very little space.

I had no tape measurer at hand, but you can see something from the pictures. The box ends at the floor mats cut out (on both sides)
Fits like a glow in between the floor and upper support. I bought this black metal from local shop and used one original Toyota screw (from dash) to screw it tight (there was a hole ready, waiting for this). I believe this is safe in a crash also because it is against the upper support bars lip. So cannot move anywhere.
Thanks for sharing. This is awesome fit. Does the sub move at all?
TOLM is offline   Reply With Quote