follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #43
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I didn't miss any context. You're getting emotional and I targeted you, and then you just got more emotional by claiming we are all idiots. How can I miss any of the context of your debate if I am not responding to any of your debate???
Yes you did miss it. The context was tcoat asking me if I questioned my sanity and I said "no, I'm fine." The context was not related to whether I'm annoyed by tcoat's double talk and conflating the debate. Do you get it now or do you need more help with reading?
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #44
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
It comes down to take rate. Saying 75% of BRZs sold are manuals is conservative. The autos tend to sit around on lots quite a bit longer. Adding a bunch of track-oriented parts to a car that's already track oriented = not a big seller in automatics, so no sense in adding models that will just sit around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
But you were privy to the info. My comment was quickly dismissed though
I didn't dismiss your comment Tripp I never saw it. You probably posted it while I was writing up my post that followed.
The data I was speaking about not being privy to was the difference in emissions between the AT and MTs.
The ATs do sell though correct? They may sit longer but that doesn't mean they are not selling. From a production standpoint they wouldn't be adding models but simply upgrading what exists so sales numbers should have no impact on what upgrades are done to what version. Maybe I misunderstand what you meant?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #45
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
Yes you did miss it. The context was tcoat asking me if I questioned my sanity and I said "no, I'm fine." The context was not related to whether I'm annoyed by tcoat's double talk and conflating the debate. Do you get it now or do you need more help with reading?
THAT'S THE JOKE (drums please). You're definitely not fine lmao

Why delete your post when I have it quoted? Or am I blind and can't see the post I quoted?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #46
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,073 Times in 679 Posts
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
gtengr (02-15-2018), Jordanwolf (02-15-2018), Tcoat (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #47
gtengr

Quote:
THAT'S THE JOKE (drums please). You're definitely not fine lmao
Wow so funny. Instead of taking shots like a punk, why don't you explain what I'm so wrong about in the emissions discussion? Should be easy considering how insane I am and how clever you think you are.

Quote:
Why delete your post when I have it quoted? Or am I blind and can't see the post I quoted?
I deleted it before you responded, genius. I decided it wasn't worth getting into another back and forth with someone who has no other aim than to insult me. Unfortunately you read it and now it seems I've got another troll to bicker with.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #48
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Wow so funny. Instead of taking shots like a punk, why don't you explain what I'm so wrong about in the emissions discussion? Should be easy considering how insane I am and how clever you think you are.

I deleted it before you responded, genius. I decided it wasn't worth getting into another back and forth with someone who has no other aim than to insult me. Unfortunately you read it and now it seems I've got another troll to bicker with.
Tcoat wasn't trying to insult you, you just took it that way. I on the other hand, am pointing out your irrational anger and missing the context of you saying I'm missing the context of your context, when I was full well within context, you just missed the context.

Insert @Tcoat frozen memes (let it goooo, let it goooooo)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #49
gtengr

Quote:
Tcoat wasn't trying to insult you, you just took it that way.
No, conflating my words just to belittle me is insulting. If you'd read our exchanges a few days ago before this thread you'd understand. I didn't initially quote nor did I initially care to discuss this topic with tcoat. I had enough of his backpedaling and double talk in the other thread I just referenced. So what happened is he quoted me, conflated my words in an attempt to portray me as a stubborn idiot who won't listen, acts like he didn't do that, and then away we go.

Quote:
I on the other hand, am pointing out your irrational anger and missing the context of you saying I'm missing the context of your context, when I was full well within context, you just missed the context.
Thanks for pointing that out. Very constructive. Keep it up.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #50
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,190 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Okay, I just got off the phone with Yasuyuki Yoshinaga.. He said they didn't give the AT the extra power just to fuck with AT owners.

We were totally over thinking it.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
e30kawi (02-15-2018), funwheeldrive (02-15-2018), gtengr (02-15-2018), Tcoat (02-15-2018), ZionsWrath (02-19-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #51
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Believe me they are not taking emissions readings at the tailpipe at the regulations stage. It is far more stringent and makes perfect sense.

There is no such thing as minimum order contracts at the parts level. The auto companies rule and you play the game their way or do not play at all. Even if there was a such thing it would be easier and cheaper for them to just pay out the contract or roll it into the next.

I am familiar with the manufacturing process and my credentials include almost 30 years at the management level in the Teir One automotive parts manufacturing business. I am not throwing out home cooked theories or guesses based on how other business are run here but speaking from experience gained as the industry changed and grew. You can disbelieve all you want because things "don't make sense" to you but there are many aspects of the business that don't make sense if you can't see the whole picture.

My guess is that it is the California regulations that prevented the rest of North America from getting the upgrades in the AT>

I made this simple statement. I do not see any insult in it.

Quote:
I didn't say the logistics point doesn't make sense. I actually said it was a fair point. Maybe try a little harder with the reading comprehension?

For as simple as this emissions regulation forcing the old manifold is, you sure have a hard time relating the specifics of it...

...so do you know or are you just guessing?

You replied with this gem. Who is "conflating" who here?

Quote:
No, conflating my words just to belittle me is insulting. If you'd read our exchanges a few days ago before this thread you'd understand. I didn't initially quote nor did I initially care to discuss this topic with tcoat. I had enough of his backpedaling and double talk in the other thread I just referenced. So what happened is he quoted me, conflated my words in an attempt to portray me as a stubborn idiot who won't listen, acts like he didn't do that, and then away we go.

Thanks for pointing that out. Very constructive. Keep it up.

Ah yes the "you are a poor enthusiast and a delusional fanboi if you don't mind the torque dip" thread. I don't recall any back pedaling there. Again nobody was belittling you here or there. All the belittling is clearly coming from your direction. You are obviously an angry man that thinks anything said is also in anger.

I will now ignore you since you can not seem to grasp what I am saying, think every word is an insult somehow, feel that everybody that doesn't agree with you is an "idiot and you have not even attempted to present any form of information to support your theories.
Jordanwolf (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #52
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
Okay, I just got off the phone with Yasuyuki Yoshinaga.. He said they didn't give the AT the extra power just to fuck with AT owners.

watashiwakawaiidesune??
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #53
JustSomeGuy
A Nobody

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
just finished reading this thread....
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JustSomeGuy For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #54
MRCA1ST

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post

That's what I figured it was all about, I mean why put the extra effort in when the target audience doesn't care about performance?

MRCA1ST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCA1ST For This Useful Post:
ermax (02-15-2018), Tcoat (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #55
gtengr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I made this simple statement. I do not see any insult in it.

You replied with this gem. Who is "conflating" who here?

Ah yes the "you are a poor enthusiast and a delusional fanboi if you don't mind the torque dip" thread. I don't recall any back pedaling there. Again nobody was belittling you here or there. All the belittling is clearly coming from your direction. You are obviously an angry man that thinks anything said is also in anger.

I will now ignore you since you can not seem to grasp what I am saying, think every word is an insult somehow, feel that everybody that doesn't agree with you is an "idiot and you have not even attempted to present any form of information to support your theories.
More double talk and obfuscation, what a surprise. I did support my theory, you're the one who couldn't support yours. At least it sounds like you're finally going to do what I asked yesterday and drop it.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #56
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
More double talk and obfuscation, what a surprise. I did support my theory, you're the one who couldn't support yours. At least it sounds like you're finally going to do what I asked yesterday and drop it.
Gotta have that last word tho