|
||||||
| BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#16507 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: CT
Posts: 348
Thanks: 33
Thanked 167 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
I added a perrin inlet hose. I trimmed about 3/8" off the side that connects to the air box, it sat WAY to close to the belt for comfort even with adjusting it the best I could. I emailed perrin for support. I also added a K&N filter... cause... why not?
-B |
|
|
|
|
|
#16508 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 5,846
Thanks: 14,222
Thanked 6,568 Times in 3,255 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
|
Don't expect to hear back from Perrin. I had a couple annoying issues that I emailed their tech department about and never heard back. Decided I'll probably avoid them from now on if I can find alternative brands.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16509 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: CT
Posts: 348
Thanks: 33
Thanked 167 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Quote:
-B |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16510 | |
|
Weight Weenie
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
Quote:
https://www.perrin.com/shop/air-indu...e-for-fr-s-brz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16511 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 5,846
Thanks: 14,222
Thanked 6,568 Times in 3,255 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16512 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '14 981CS, '99 NB1
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 1,234
Thanked 1,201 Times in 631 Posts
Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
|
Put a lift kit on my spoiler.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16514 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 441
Thanks: 501
Thanked 338 Times in 178 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Link to the thread. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118428 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16515 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Location: New York
Posts: 300
Thanks: 34
Thanked 269 Times in 127 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Quote:
The air box is different on the manual vs automatic cars in 2017. Though I do agree with you on their customer service, I will not buy another product from them. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16516 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: CT
Posts: 348
Thanks: 33
Thanked 167 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Sometimes a nice email goes a long way people! -B |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16517 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 5,846
Thanks: 14,222
Thanked 6,568 Times in 3,255 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
|
Quote:
![]() @Tcoat I guess I was wrong asking you for all that advice last year. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16518 |
|
Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Location: California Mountains
Posts: 39
Thanks: 17
Thanked 25 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
I tried (and failed) to install the Mishimoto induction hose. I went with theirs because I wanted to keep the resonator. The resonator is what I failed to install, because the opening they have for it is just too small. I tried everything, including having a second person help me, using plastic pry tools, etc.
Their customer service says it's correct, so I guess I'm stuck with it. I did successfully install clear side markers, hood struts, go fast emblem stickers, and had the windows tinted. Photos when the weather warms up. |
|
|
|
|
|
#16519 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: CT
Posts: 348
Thanks: 33
Thanked 167 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Quote:
The resonator in the intake didnt matter to me because I got flashed anyways. -B |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16520 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Series 10 #2462
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 884
Thanks: 3,064
Thanked 551 Times in 320 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Saw My First FR-S Today | Marrk | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 26 | 05-15-2013 12:40 PM |
| Got my new FR-S today. | Boosted2.0 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 51 | 06-03-2012 10:35 PM |
| Sat in a FRS today!! | Ladnerd | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 12 | 04-30-2012 01:48 PM |
| Got my VIN today... | Enemies | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 63 | 04-12-2012 10:19 PM |
| sat in a BRZ today | NESW20 | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 8 | 03-31-2012 08:53 AM |