follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #71
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,411 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh you need to go back a ways for that.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81548
I dunno, the cjsporl thread was my favourite. I'd still hit his Mom.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jvincent For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #72
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFT View Post
This has got to be the best read on this forum!!
Lol glad you enjoy it. I must admit this thread it much more entertaining than I expected.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DandoX For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-08-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #73
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
This doesn't make me happy at all but it is also not the cop's fault in any way. I am 100% against paying people to run radar on the highway and harass people. That said, I am also 100% pro-police force. When the clowns that we put in office cut their funding, they're faced with the choice of giving out unnecessary tickets or trying to scrape by being grossly underfunded. That's not a good position in which to put a highly trained and equipped force tasked with the safety of the public. It isn't a grateful one either, seeing as how they put their lives on the line every day for the rest of us. That's the real problem and that is who is causing it. Don't like it? Vote people in who actually know how to prioritize government spending.
Police aren't even in the top 10 dangerous jobs. You know who is above them...loggers, fishermen, pilots, roofers, trash collectors,
farmers, steel workers, truck drivers, line workers and first line supervisors of construction trades. I do find it funny how we are expected
to give police thanks for their "dangerous" work when it's all the rest of us doing normal everyday jobs who are at the most risk.
In 2016, 118 officers died on duty and 52 of those were accidents. Maybe if they didn't run around ticketing for revenue and shooting
unarmed people instead of tazing, they'd get a little more respect. Anybody in here thanked a roofer lately for putting their life on the line?
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
Tristor (02-26-2018)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #74
winstonscifi

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Red Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Police aren't even in the top 10 dangerous jobs. You know who is above them...loggers, fishermen, pilots, roofers, trash collectors,
farmers, steel workers, truck drivers, line workers and first line supervisors of construction trades. Anybody in here thanked a roofer lately for putting their life on the line?
Anybody here called a roofer when there was a burglar in their house?

Really, this is the dumbest argument I've ever seen!
winstonscifi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winstonscifi For This Useful Post:
ermax (12-09-2017), Tcoat (12-10-2017), Yardjass (12-10-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #75
Impureclient
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammillionaire View Post
ProTip: Don't be an asshole and cops generally won't fuck with you.
Wrong, ask all the innocent black folks out there how that is working out for them. Hell, I'm white and I got harassed for what I can tell was the type of car I drive since the words out his mouth was I was driving like a "hot shit".
Outright lies on me speeding and recklessly at that when I 100% wasn't and not even knowing the law he is citing I failed to obey. Up until that stop I had no idea that this type of behavior was the truth. My eyes are open now.
It took me 40 years for me to realize it but they deserve any hate they get as far as I'm concerned.
Now when I see any news of a cop shooting unarmed people, planting drugs on suspects or when they cover for each other when they screw up, I believe it all now. I know it's hard to believe but cops aren't all good guys like in the movies.
There are a bunch of rotten ones out there and even the "good" ones will defend the bad ones when they screw up.

Getting pulled over because some "C" average picked on in high school loser sonofabitch is having a bad day when his fat wife won't put out and he vents on me with blatant lies and tickets....fuck that noise.
Tristor (02-26-2018)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #76
Impureclient
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonscifi View Post
Anybody here called a roofer when there was a burglar in their house?

Really, this is the dumbest argument I've ever seen!
Nope, I shoot the burglar and then call the police afterwards to clean up the mess because I value my families and my life. Perk of the stand your ground law here.

Anybody call a cop when their roof gets a leak? That argument doesn't work so well does it?

Besides, my argument is in response to "seeing as how they(police) put their lives on the line every day for the rest of us". Remember to thank your garbage man since his job is more dangerous than a cop!
Tristor (02-26-2018)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #77
winstonscifi

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Red Scion FR-S
Quote:
Nope, I shoot the burglar and then call the police afterwards to clean up the mess because I value my families and my life. Perk of the stand your ground law here.

Anybody call a cop when their roof gets a leak? That argument doesn't work so well does it?

Besides, my argument is in response to "seeing as how they(police) put their lives on the line every day for the rest of us". Remember to thank your garbage man since his job is more dangerous than a cop!
I'll honor your right to your opinion, but I'll stand by my first statement.
winstonscifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #78
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 32,202 Times in 16,572 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Quote:
Wrong, ask all the innocent black folks out there how that is working out for them. Hell, I'm white and I got harassed for what I can tell was the type of car I drive since the words out his mouth was I was driving like a "hot shit".
Outright lies on me speeding and recklessly at that when I 100% wasn't and not even knowing the law he is citing I failed to obey. Up until that stop I had no idea that this type of behavior was the truth. My eyes are open now.
It took me 40 years for me to realize it but they deserve any hate they get as far as I'm concerned.
Now when I see any news of a cop shooting unarmed people, planting drugs on suspects or when they cover for each other when they screw up, I believe it all now. I know it's hard to believe but cops aren't all good guys like in the movies.
There are a bunch of rotten ones out there and even the "good" ones will defend the bad ones when they screw up.

Getting pulled over because some "C" average picked on in high school loser sonofabitch is having a bad day when his fat wife won't put out and he vents on me with blatant lies and tickets....fuck that noise.
YIKES!
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
winstonscifi (12-10-2017), Yardjass (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #79
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
farmers, steel workers, truck drivers, line workers and first line supervisors of construction trades. I do find it funny how we are expected
to give police thanks for their "dangerous" work when it's all the rest of us doing normal everyday jobs who are at the most risk.
In 2016, 118 officers died on duty and 52 of those were accidents. Maybe if they didn't run around ticketing for revenue and shooting
unarmed people instead of tazing, they'd get a little more respect. Anybody in here thanked a roofer lately for putting their life on the line?
See, the problem with what you've said here is almost all of those professions get injured because they're being fucking retards and not obeying safety protocol. There is always the exception to the rule but most of those accidents are completely avoidable. A cop gets hurt because some nut job decides to actively try and hurt them. A fireman gets hurt because they willingly go into dangerous situations to save others. Most other jobs get hurt because they're too fucking stupid to wear their PPE and pay attention to what is going on around them like they're supposed to. See the difference yet?
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yardjass For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-10-2017), Tristor (02-26-2018), winstonscifi (12-10-2017), x808drifter (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #80
Slammillionaire

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Sounds like you need a reality check/some growing up
Slammillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slammillionaire For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-10-2017), winstonscifi (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #81
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

Quote:

Oh for for Christ sake a cop kick your puppy once or something? You ever been someplace without effective police? You wouldn't get a chance to shoot a burglar since they would blow you away, rape your family and walk away whistling all without any fear of ramifications.
If a roofer gets hurt it is because they are a moron that didn't do what they should not because people like you are diminishing their importance or job to a point they become targets.
winstonscifi (02-15-2018)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #82
Token11b

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Lots of law enforcement hate going on here huh. Maybe I should take my leave from this thread.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #83
new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,351 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token11b View Post
Lots of law enforcement hate going on here huh. Maybe I should take my leave from this thread.
Meh, just a couple...

I appreciate what they do. They have to deal with the lowest of low life's on a regular basis. I give them the utmost respect.

I've only had two issues in 40 years. I made my point respectfully and they both stopped what they were doing immediately (Illegal search)
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #84
Impureclient
Banned

Should have been a warning early on about butts possibly getting hurt.
Don't think you'll pull up in a speeding ticket thread in a car forum and walk away unscathed. That goes for any cops and cop apologists.