follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #155
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,575 Times in 18,958 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Damnit now I want the French version!
Holy crap, that's a thing! I want this.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #156
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: 860 SansOverspray
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousend View Post
I think we already have one. I don't see a Quebec community in the Canada Regional Forum.
Yeah the french speaking community can be found on another forum.
But we're pretty much all at least lurking here.
mrderp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrderp For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #157
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I am from Quebec
The shame
I'm from and still in Quebec
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrderp For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2017), TorontoNat (11-07-2017), Yousend (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #158
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderp View Post
Yeah the french speaking community can be found on another forum.
But we're pretty much all at least lurking here.
Found you! Saw Trueno86power's name.
So much the same.
Fuel mileage (Well kilometrage)
Meets (They really want them in winter? In Quebec?)
Big wings (or as they wrote it in French "Big Wing")
And so on.
mrderp (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #159
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Found you! Saw Trueno86power's name.
So much the same.
Meets (They really want them in winter? In Quebec?)
Meets? Nah I think most of us are storing the cars for the winter (I know I won't)
We really should work on an Ottawa meet or something for next summer?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #160
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Holy crap, that's a thing! I want this.
It comes in coffee and chocolate flavour too! Screw the Chemical Boys car scents. I want those

The Following User Says Thank You to mrderp For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #161
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderp View Post
Meets? Nah I think most of us are storing the cars for the winter (I know I won't)
We really should work on an Ottawa meet or something for next summer?
I wasn't asking just referencing the forum. Seemed to be the response on the French forum as well.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #162
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu View Post
What the...!? According to my dash, I avg 30 mpg with 80% highway commute of 3 hours per weekday in Florida/low elevation, 70-80mph, 3-4K rpm, 80-89deg~, 93 oct, with just drop in filter and exhaust for mods. WTF am I doing wrong!
You are driving too fast, and I bet you are accelerating too fast as well. If you want really high gas mileage, pretend both pedals have bad eggs under them and you will break them if you hit any pedal too fast.Always look way ahead of you and coast as much as possible. Also always drive as slow as possible. I hit 39 on the highways driving 5 to 10 under on cruise control the entire way. Oh, and shift at 2000- 2500 rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Khan View Post
He lives in Harnett county NC, this is a rural area with no traffic and very little traffic lights. He probably averages 50-60 mph which is why is mpg is so high.
These people drive way the heck too fast. I miss mass where 90% of my driving was under 50. That is how I hit 50 mpg in my Yaris with a little bit of hypermiling and coasting. Rural country roads are great for gas mileage, just as long as you don't have traffic behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
It's not good to always trust what a dash MPG sensor tells you. Do it by hand, the old fashion way , Miles traveled/ gallons consumed.
This too. The dash is always wrong. Keeping a running total in a notebook is the best way to really see what your gas mileage is.

Also note the police in NC are brutal, and they will give you a ticket for 5 over if they are in a bad mood. And the fines are totally insane.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #163
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,926 Times in 16,469 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
You are driving too fast, and I bet you are accelerating too fast as well. If you want really high gas mileage, pretend both pedals have bad eggs under them and you will break them if you hit any pedal too fast.Always look way ahead of you and coast as much as possible. Also always drive as slow as possible. I hit 39 on the highways driving 5 to 10 under on cruise control the entire way. Oh, and shift at 2000- 2500 rpms.

These people drive way the heck too fast. I miss mass where 90% of my driving was under 50. That is how I hit 50 mpg in my Yaris with a little bit of hypermiling and coasting. Rural country roads are great for gas mileage, just as long as you don't have traffic behind you.

This too. The dash is always wrong. Keeping a running total in a notebook is the best way to really see what your gas mileage is.

Also note the police in NC are brutal, and they will give you a ticket for 5 over if they are in a bad mood. And the fines are totally insane.
I reckon if I was driving in a limited power car, with a second tank full of shine, coming out of Harnett County ....... I'd drive slow too ........

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
why? (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #164
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I reckon if I was driving in a limited power car, with a second tank full of shine, coming out of Harnett County ....... I'd drive slow too ........

humfrz
they never even think to worry about the people driving below the speed limit. Although I've been told I should carry a stick of dynamite just in case they do.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #165
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,926 Times in 16,469 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
they never even think to worry about the people driving below the speed limit. Although I've been told I should carry a stick of dynamite just in case they do.
I donno, Mr G-Man ........ it must have been a defective flex-fuel kit ......

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
why? (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #166
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I donno, Mr G-Man ........ it must have been a defective flex-fuel kit ......

humfrz
Shine by Visconti?
humfrz (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #167
DDGT86

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So sad, so much hatred in the car enthusiastic community. They are like the epa of our industry. All i see is slow, mod blah blah blah same old story. Me personally, i love admiring other people work and art regardless of how it may be. For crying out lod, im not driving nor riding in their car so they can do whatever they like as long as it doesnt affect me. To tell you the truth, i actually like this car now than when i first got it and i find that people who own this car are an ahole is completely the opposite or maybe i havent just seen enough of them. When im actually on the road, i find my self more behave driver than when i drove my maxima, accord, camry and yes 370. I actually downgraded hp and tourque for this car for the experience and enjoyability. I find actually other drivers always trying to race me in this car than on my previous car. I dont know why but that tells me that this car is something special. Ofcourse i stay away from all of those and have no intentions in racing anybody. That is the funny part because its so fun to me that i dont care if its slow im still having fun. When i had my previous slightly faster car, did not have that much fun in them. After a while it gets boring because i could pull 0-60 in less time but then what, only to slow down so you dont get ticket but in here i go running slow to almost fast then slow to almost fast over and over and sometimes makes my tail happy and it never gets old. You have an idea of fun and may jot be the same as mine but that is cool. Peace.
DDGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DDGT86 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #168
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGT86 View Post
So sad, so much hatred in the car enthusiastic community. They are like the epa of our industry. All i see is slow, mod blah blah blah same old story. Me personally, i love admiring other people work and art regardless of how it may be. For crying out lod, im not driving nor riding in their car so they can do whatever they like as long as it doesnt affect me. To tell you the truth, i actually like this car now than when i first got it and i find that people who own this car are an ahole is completely the opposite or maybe i havent just seen enough of them. When im actually on the road, i find my self more behave driver than when i drove my maxima, accord, camry and yes 370. I actually downgraded hp and tourque for this car for the experience and enjoyability. I find actually other drivers always trying to race me in this car than on my previous car. I dont know why but that tells me that this car is something special. Ofcourse i stay away from all of those and have no intentions in racing anybody. That is the funny part because its so fun to me that i dont care if its slow im still having fun. When i had my previous slightly faster car, did not have that much fun in them. After a while it gets boring because i could pull 0-60 in less time but then what, only to slow down so you dont get ticket but in here i go running slow to almost fast then slow to almost fast over and over and sometimes makes my tail happy and it never gets old. You have an idea of fun and may jot be the same as mine but that is cool. Peace.
The car enthusiast community have always had people that dislike one car or another. It is not new nor is it a bad thing. Do you agree with what everybody in your neighborhood or work/school does? I bet you don't. Why should we all like what everybody else does just because we like cars? There are many types of "enthusiasts" out there and they will never all agree or like everything. If they all did then there would be one type of car made and that would be it.

I guess I am just too old to grasp the whole concept of the Participated Award and if I don't like something I will say so and not admire somebody's work no matter what it may be. I won't go out of my way to insult somebody's work but I don't have to admire it either. Doesn't mean I "hate" them or their work just that agree with what they have done. People are allowed to disagree. It has been my experience that the biggest "haters" in the car crowd are the ones that do things they know many will not like and then walk around with a chip on their shoulder daring people to say something so they can start screaming "HATER".

Oh, and dude if English is your second language fine and dandy but even then you need to work on your punctuation, contractions, grammar and sentence structure. If it isn't then the school system has failed you badly since that was very painful to read.
dinfern22 (11-08-2017)