follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #15
Chronology

Drives: 13' Satin White Pearl BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin08 View Post
Is Ecutek better then the unichip setup? Can the dealer see the flash if I use a ecutek? I am looking at the E-force but this won't happen for a couple of years down the road. Thanks for everyone respond. I won't waste money on a throttle body but will loon into budgeting for a catback system now instead.
I believe it is ( I would expand but never used the unichip, and plan on boosting soon so Ecutek was a long term investment for me. Now OFT supports boosted but masters tuners perf something like Ecutek for our platform), the dealer can see both Ecutek and OFT flashes. I suggest you checkout the So cal meets and come out and talk to the people who have the mods your looking at you can even ask for a test drive ect.

The sales forum has a lot of stuff constantly changing, just be mindful of parts that might not fit a new 86.
RS*R Sport-I w/custom spring rate / Cusco Front/Rear Sways, Cusco Diff Brace / Cusco Power Brace (Rear/Front/Upper/Lower) / JDL UEL Headers / INVIDIA Q300 Ti / Valenti Revo Tails and rear backup/ EcuTek / Moto-East Flexfuel / Moto-East E85 tune
Chronology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #16
vin08
275/1000

Drives: 2016 RS2 auto
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronology View Post
I believe it is ( I would expand but never used the unichip, and plan on boosting soon so Ecutek was a long term investment for me. Now OFT supports boosted but masters tuners perf something like Ecutek for our platform), the dealer can see both Ecutek and OFT flashes. I suggest you checkout the So cal meets and come out and talk to the people who have the mods your looking at you can even ask for a test drive ect.

The sales forum has a lot of stuff constantly changing, just be mindful of parts that might not fit a new 86.
Thanks. I might try and make it out to the next gathering.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #17
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin08 View Post
Is Ecutek better then the unichip setup? Can the dealer see the flash if I use a ecutek? I am looking at the E-force but this won't happen for a couple of years down the road. Thanks for everyone respond. I won't waste money on a throttle body but will loon into budgeting for a catback system now instead.
Both the OFT and Ecutek tunes will offer far more performance and capability than the unichip.

This is fact: An OFT/ecutek tune will give you far more bang for your buck (better performance return per dollar spent) than a larger throttlebody alone.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote