follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #29
richie incognito
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: BRZ- all the colours
Location: Toronto
Posts: 101
Thanks: 4
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What sort of "real nice" sound system can you get for $2500 that comes included with a free car, new wheels + tires? I ask this because of audiophile reference, which suggests you would have a certain standard that I feel would be hard to meet in a sometimes track car/all the time 25 year old nissan.

Oh to be 15 again. I remember when i bought my first rusty red s13. It was 15 years ago. Didnt last me and my buddy long before it was driven into a wall. RIP the original red donkey.
richie incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #30
Dennett_
Member
 
Dennett_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: Sprintex Supercharged FRS
Location: California
Posts: 96
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Happy for you man keep working and saving up! I'm 17 and just bought a supercharged FRS and all the hard work really pays off! Excited to see what you have coming.
Dennett_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #31
ithinkimcrashing_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 91' 240sx
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie incognito View Post
What sort of "real nice" sound system can you get for $2500 that comes included with a free car, new wheels + tires? I ask this because of audiophile reference, which suggests you would have a certain standard that I feel would be hard to meet in a sometimes track car/all the time 25 year old nissan.

Oh to be 15 again. I remember when i bought my first rusty red s13. It was 15 years ago. Didnt last me and my buddy long before it was driven into a wall. RIP the original red donkey.
Lol well I mean I wasn't looking for "luxury" in the 240, I didn't care if It was gutted or anything, but this one was the best one(I haven't found a speck of rust) local to me and was the lowest one in the area at the time. Imo the wheels, tires and sound system was just a bonus
__________________
"What's Life Without Big Dreams" Instagram: @dv8_photography
ithinkimcrashing_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #32
ithinkimcrashing_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 91' 240sx
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennett_ View Post
Happy for you man keep working and saving up! I'm 17 and just bought a supercharged FRS and all the hard work really pays off! Excited to see what you have coming.
That's great to hear man! You have a build thread? Would love to see it. And hard work really does pay off, it's a satisfying feeling once you have what you've worked hard for.
__________________
"What's Life Without Big Dreams" Instagram: @dv8_photography
ithinkimcrashing_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #33
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimcrashing_ View Post
Well guys... Here she is. I'm beyond happy. I want you guys to guess what I paid for the car it has: new rims, new tires, a real nice sound system (im an audiophile), 161k miles. (paid $2500)









Seeing as today a $2500 car would be about the financial equivalent to the $100 car I started with you done good.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #34
ithinkimcrashing_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 91' 240sx
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Seeing as today a $2500 car would be about the financial equivalent to the $100 car I started with you done good.
Wait. What? that didn't make sense to me. But I'm assuming you're saying I did good so thanks!
__________________
"What's Life Without Big Dreams" Instagram: @dv8_photography
ithinkimcrashing_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #35
Dennett_
Member
 
Dennett_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: Sprintex Supercharged FRS
Location: California
Posts: 96
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimcrashing_ View Post
That's great to hear man! You have a build thread? Would love to see it. And hard work really does pay off, it's a satisfying feeling once you have what you've worked hard for.
Yeah you can check it out it's called From Salvage to Dream Car and its only like 5 threads down check it out!
Dennett_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #36
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimcrashing_ View Post
Wait. What? that didn't make sense to me. But I'm assuming you're saying I did good so thanks!
When I was 14 I bought my first car. It was a 1955 Chevy and cost me $100. That was in 1973 and I made 75 cents an hour pumping gas. If you take inflation into account the fact you only paid $2500 puts it at about the same value since you probably make way more than 75 cents an hour.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:25 PM   #37
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennett_ View Post
Yeah you can check it out it's called From Salvage to Dream Car and its only like 5 threads down check it out!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117349
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #38
ithinkimcrashing_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 91' 240sx
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
When I was 14 I bought my first car. It was a 1955 Chevy and cost me $100. That was in 1973 and I made 75 cents an hour pumping gas. If you take inflation into account the fact you only paid $2500 puts it at about the same value since you probably make way more than 75 cents an hour.
Oh wow. It's crazy how things change over time.
__________________
"What's Life Without Big Dreams" Instagram: @dv8_photography
ithinkimcrashing_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #39
ithinkimcrashing_
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 91' 240sx
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Long time no post. Well anyways finally got around to cleaning the car properly. Had an issue with registering the car because the car needed to get smog checked. Finally got the done and it is legally ours! And yes sadly it is an auto but its no problem, hopefully I can do a 5 speed swap in the coming months. Planning to put in an order for a full I/H/E from ISR tonight or in the coming days, also need to get coilovers as soon as possible because the car rubs pretty badly in the front when turning and is quite literally a cm or less away from hitting the strut. also having a rubbing issue in the rear but haven't gotten around to checking that one out. So anyways here are some pictures from today in my "driveway turned photoshoot", just to show some exterior, engine bay, interior and the dual subs in the back. Enjoy













PS: if the pictures dont show, just open them in a new tab.
__________________
"What's Life Without Big Dreams" Instagram: @dv8_photography

Last edited by ithinkimcrashing_; 06-06-2017 at 10:55 PM.
ithinkimcrashing_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #40
JeremyR
Senior Member
 
JeremyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 484
Thanks: 613
Thanked 269 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
As a fellow nissan enthusiast, and someone who owned quite a few 240sx back in the day (and was active on zilvia 10-12 years ago) I look forward to this build!

I know the s chassis pretty much inside and out so if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask
__________________

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
14 Year Old Dreams... ithinkimcrashing_ Member's Car Journals 79 08-20-2016 05:57 PM
Argento dreams Buddhas Member's Car Journals 6 05-14-2016 05:14 PM
Dreams Priapus Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 15 08-04-2014 11:57 PM
BRZ/FR-S Dreams? MrBRZ Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7 03-22-2012 08:55 AM
Dreams about the BRZ 86'd BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 20 02-25-2012 10:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.