follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
milenko11

Drives: no
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had the gps issue the other day. It wouldn't lock for a while when I was trying to set a route. I then went to the map and it locked and I could then do my route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
milenko11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #44
DSPographer

Drives: '13 BRZ Lmtd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDloppyFonkeyBick View Post
Follow up on my issue:

The dealer has had my car the last 3 days with Subaru NA technical folks onsite.
They couldn't replicate the exact failures I was seeing (what are the chances it would be sunny in Seattle?) But, they say they are seeing a difference in signal quality between my car and the imprezza with the same nav unit.
The likely outcome will be a TSB for new antenna placement once they work out where and how.
Could you please ask about the speedo input to the head unit reporting the wrong vehicle speed in the service menu that I saw?
DSPographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #45
nibor33

Drives: SSM BRZ-L 6MT (gone)
Garage
Picked up the car yesterday. To work today, no problems. Leave work (parked in underground garage), no signal entire (40 min) drive home. Clear skies. Please keep us updated with a big post when this is resolved, and thanks for taking one for the team!!
nibor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #46
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I reported this a while ago to my dealer. #2 buyer at my dealer also has this.
So, reportedly, someone is coming over from Subaru to investigate. I'll report back if there's more.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #47
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
My nav and sat radio cut out all the time
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #48
Cx4storm
O'Reilly Auto Parts S.M.

Drives: BRZ
Can everyone stop complaining about the problem and someone find a fix for it. We all have the same problem. We get it, try to solve the problem and then re post. Helpful responses would be useful at this point.
Cx4storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #49
nibor33

Garage
OK, I may have made some progress on this issue, but it may be too early to tell. Could be barking up the wrong tree.

Long version:
I finally got around to cancelling my Sirius account with automatic renewal from my old car. I applied the unused balance to XM in the BRZ, to be tacked on at the end of the trial period. However, I tried to activate the NavTraffic, and the operator could not do it. Even though the BRZ is on XM's website as having NavTraffic, and even though I insisted that I have the capability in the car, their computer said I didn't have NavTraffic. They made me contact the dealer to have them contact XM to activate the NavTraffic (it was all very silly, complicated, and not worth the time to type the whole convoluted story).

So, today, my dealer emailed me to say that they didn't know why XM made them do it, but they did call and activate it, and my NavTraffic should be working. 5 minutes on Channel 1 and traffic was working.

The weird part? Satellite Nav signal dropped off where it always does, near my work where there are some taller buildings. But, instead of staying "off" the whole trip home, it came right back when I cleared the buildings. That has never happened before. It picked up on several more satellites than usual and I had no issues today. I will keep an eye on it and repost if I have problems again.

tl;dr: could activating NavTraffic make satellite signal stronger / more reliable?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #50
tomt5078

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mines doing this also, and I'm looking for a fix?

Hopefully my dealer can get this corrected!!!!!
tomt5078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #51
nibor33

Garage
Update: the satellite radio adjustment did not fix the Nav problem. I had good signal for 2 weeks but now the same issues are recurring.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #52
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Ok, I'm glad I found this thread. Like most of you I'm having issues with the Navi too. First, I loose GPS signal way too much. I never lost it ONCE with my previous car/navi system. Second, why won't the navi/head unit let me save stations in memory??? I keep having to search for my stations every time, which is a PITA! Last, why won't traffic info display on the navi? I have it checked under preferences, but nothing. If we're getting XM/Sirius service shouldn't we be getting traffic too? I recall getting like 6 months of free Sirius and traffic free when I purchased the car. This blows...
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #53
brett_g

Drives: 13' BRZ
Small update:

After leaving my car with the dealer for 4 days last week, I received a call from the service manager today.

Apparently there is a software fix - she said something with the SD card, as well as a antennae relocation. If memory serves me right if is located above the rear seats.

That being said, I am unable to confirm with my crazy work sch'd if I'll get it to the dealer next tuesday..
brett_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #54
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I took my car in for an oil change and let them know about the GPS issue. They said they were going to call in to Subaru sometime this week and see if any fixes are possible. I'll post once I hear back from them.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #55
DSPographer

Drives: '13 BRZ Lmtd
I just posted in my thread about this that my dealer says there is now a temporary fix for the Nav issue and a permanent fix is due in September.
DSPographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #56
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Yup! i'm from Sydney Australia, I get this issue too on my Toyota 86 GTS (High Spec). my pointer bounces around and doesn't lock for ages. Sometimes it doesn't lock at all.

Also sometimes when it does lock and everything is fine and your traveling on a deserted highway at midnight where there's no cars around. The Nav will tell you there is a "traffic jam"? wtf?

anyways, i will raise this with Toyota Motoring Corp Autralia (TMCA). See if they got anything up their sleeves to fix this thing.