follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
FTemplar

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Password:JDM not replying

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me right now. Bought a lot of parts right after Christmas (about 800$, 100% password JDM manufactured parts) then waited, and waited....decided to write to them via Facebook and, while they will "read" my messages, they won't reply. I tried e-mails, even instagram. So I decided to call them end of February, they were very friendly and said my order would ship next week. They even asked me which T-Shirt size I wore. That was now three weeks ago and my order should have shipped 2 weeks ago. Getting annoyed yet I don't want to cancel, no one else makes these and I really like their products.

Let me know of your experience with them lately. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
FTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
FTemplar

Great news, called them today and they said my order would ship tomorrow or the day after. Good things come to those who wait

Old 03-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
to those who wait almost 3 months....

I would've cried by now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soloside For This Useful Post:
gkubed (03-17-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
jasonojordan

Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Yea idk what parts you ordered but man thats a damn long wait....
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
FTemplar

They had a significant new year sale so I'm guessing they must have been swarmed with new orders

Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
FTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Yea idk what parts you ordered but man thats a damn long wait....
I ordered the complete strut bar package and engine bay carbon fiber covers except for the cooling plates, which I already have.

The good news is the parts finally shipped late last night. Good things come to those who wait I guess :p

Old 03-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #7
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Bad customer service with a nice smile...not really worth it. Their part are decent but nothing that impressive. I'd chalk that up to a bad experience, did you get a shipping refund or some form of credit as well?
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Cole (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
Bad customer service with a nice smile...not really worth it. Their part are decent but nothing that impressive. I'd chalk that up to a bad experience, did you get a shipping refund or some form of credit as well?
I'd be demanding that. 2 and a half months of being ignored, I'd have some very choice words for them.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
JazzleSAURUS (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #9
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I'd be demanding that. 2 and a half months of being ignored, I'd have some very choice words for them.
Yeah, I think free shipping, and the one extra part you wanted but didn't toss in is reasonable. Maybe an engine bay hardware kit if you're into that sort of thing. Either way you shouldn't be happy, as this is a bad resolution lol.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #10
FTemplar

Quote:
Yeah, I think free shipping, and the one extra part you wanted but didn't toss in is reasonable. Maybe an engine bay hardware kit if you're into that sort of thing. Either way you shouldn't be happy, as this is a bad resolution lol.
How do you handle this when you've been accepted for a partial sponsorship? What I'm not comfortable with is referring customers who may have to go through the same process, however I'm thinking of sending them through my favorite distributor, win win situation for both password and the distributor in question and the customers won't have to wait forever like I did.

They included free shipping to Canada and 40% off from the start so it's hard for me to complain. I'm just worried about future customers.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #11
JazzleSAURUS

Ah that part was not communicated. To be honest, I wouldn't want to be sponsored by a company that treats it's customers like that.

I would inform them that you're declining the sponsorship and seeking sponsorship from customer centric companies. Ask them if they'd prefer you refuse the package or if they would like to provide a return label.

If they say no, turn around and sell the parts and at least profit from your garbage experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Cole (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #12
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Ah that part was not communicated. To be honest, I wouldn't want to be sponsored by a company that treats it's customers like that.

I would inform them that you're declining the sponsorship and seeking sponsorship from customer centric companies. Ask them if they'd prefer you refuse the package or if they would like to provide a return label.

If they say no, turn around and sell the parts and at least profit from your garbage experience.
I for sure would not be able to recommend them to anyone after that experience. Even if I could walk to a corner store anywhere and buy their parts. If they don't give a shit about a customer who they're sponsoring, how are every day normal customers being treated?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
JazzleSAURUS (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #13
FTemplar

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I for sure would not be able to recommend them to anyone after that experience. Even if I could walk to a corner store anywhere and buy their parts. If they don't give a shit about a customer who they're sponsoring, how are every day normal customers being treated?
I totally agree with both of you. I don't want to sell or return the parts however. I applied for the sponsorship because I already have part of their engine bay kit and wanted the rest.

Regarding the cusomer issue, that's why i've decided to send future customers through my other supplier, which happens to be another sponsor, FT86 Motorsports. He sells Password:JDM items, so customers will do business with them and they will handle relations with Password:JDM directly. Win-win situation for everyone I guess.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #14
JazzleSAURUS

I would take all the password JDM parts off my car and sell them as a package. I have zero interest in representing a company with poor practices on my vehicles. They are covered in Grimmspeed, Killer B, MTEC, Group N, BBS, because frankly, they care about their customers.