follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Old 08-26-2016, 11:29 PM   #7547
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
You forgot "do not detail/wash it"
yeah that one's not as important to me ... and when I bought from Colorado, they said they had to wash and inspect it before shipping it to me on a truck, to ensure there was no damage before it went out. If you can convince local dealer to leave it be and take it home as is, more power to ya.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:24 AM   #7548
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,399 Times in 5,262 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
You forgot "do not detail/wash it"
I thought that was the instructions given to you by the dealer?

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-27-2016), PMok (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 01:12 AM   #7549
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,025 Times in 1,865 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The tech who ever does the pre-delivery inspection can get fired if they don't install the front plate since it's mandated by the manufacturer (if the owner tries and successfully uses the "the dealership didn't install it" reason when pulled over).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:00 AM   #7550
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,853 Times in 3,677 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lol, the year+ of grime currently on my car is sitting on top of a paint coating, so ideally once I do finally wash it, it will all come right off and my clear coat will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
I thought that was the instructions given to you by the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:23 AM   #7551
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,749 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
So... I just got a call from my Ford dealer that my Focus RS order is coming up and getting ready to be added to the manufacturing cue in Germany, meaning my deposit check will be cashed and applied to the purchase of the car. Should I cancel or go ahead with it?

I haven't even driven the thing and all this hype has me a bit worried. Its kinda like our cars 3 years ago, all the hype inflated prices then once it dies down, issues get more visible, reviewers and owners get over themselves and actually start criticizing the car then dealers can't even get rid of them (although I don't think it will be a problem since its a limited run).

In an ideal world, I'd keep the BRZ, but I'll be needing a larger car soon.

There is two at autox already. I would have told you had I known you'd ordered it. One of the owners would have let you take a quick drive around on the road knowing you've ordered one.

Also California law you can always get the deposit back Arabs point if you don't buy the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #7552
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post

Also California law you can always get the deposit back Arabs point if you don't buy the car.
Yeah, they can't legally keep your money. It's basically a first right of refusal and 100% refundable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
BlaineWasHere (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #7553
Tenino

Drives: 13' BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
The tech who ever does the pre-delivery inspection can get fired if they don't install the front plate since it's mandated by the manufacturer (if the owner tries and successfully uses the "the dealership didn't install it" reason when pulled over).
I remember purchasing the GTI & WRX and refused installation of the front plate, the dealership had me sign a waiver/document to cover their end. They do a great job hiding it in the mound of paperwork you sign off on

If you are pulled over for a Fix-it front plate and pull the "dealership didn't install it" officers who are up to date on the law know you signed off on the paperwork.

V C Section 11713.17 Front License Plate Bracket
Front License Plate Bracket
11713.17. (a) Following the retail sale or lease of a motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, a dealer may not deliver the motor vehicle unless either of the following occurs:

(1) The motor vehicle is equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a front license plate.

(2) The dealer obtains a signed written acknowledgment from the person taking delivery of the motor vehicle acknowledging both of the following:

(A) The person expressly refused installation of a bracket or other means of securing the front license plate.

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.
Tenino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tenino For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (08-27-2016), PMok (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 03:32 AM   #7554
PMok

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the waiver form is a viable option... bought my last 2 cars without front plate installed.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #7555
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenino View Post
I remember purchasing the GTI & WRX and refused installation of the front plate, the dealership had me sign a waiver/document to cover their end. They do a great job hiding it in the mound of paperwork you sign off on

If you are pulled over for a Fix-it front plate and pull the "dealership didn't install it" officers who are up to date on the law know you signed off on the paperwork.

V C Section 11713.17 Front License Plate Bracket
Front License Plate Bracket
11713.17. (a) Following the retail sale or lease of a motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, a dealer may not deliver the motor vehicle unless either of the following occurs:

(1) The motor vehicle is equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a front license plate.

(2) The dealer obtains a signed written acknowledgment from the person taking delivery of the motor vehicle acknowledging both of the following:

(A) The person expressly refused installation of a bracket or other means of securing the front license plate.

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
I'm pretty sure the waiver form is a viable option... bought my last 2 cars without front plate installed.
Time for me to draw up some forms.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #7556
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Haven't decided quite yet but I think I may just cancel it and see if I can get one next year.
Quote:
Go to Ford Fairfield. They're part of my auto group. We don't do "market adjustments" and will either sell limited edition cars at MSRP or 25/50 bucks off.
Hmmm maybe I can hit em up in the future. Anyone in particular you think can help me?

Quote:
Nooooooo...

wait, does that mean I can consider rocking gold wheels soon?
Sure, just no red mud flaps! Funny enough I'm already looking for gold wheels and red mud flaps to fit the RS lol. I'll still stick around for the drives, I'll just be "that guy" in the back of the pack

Quote:
There is two at autox already. I would have told you had I known you'd ordered it. One of the owners would have let you take a quick drive around on the road knowing you've ordered one.
Ya, that's the thing. Dealers who do have them don't want test drives since its either somebody's already or want to keep miles super low.

Quote:
WAT? lol

Last edited by BigFatFlip; 08-27-2016 at 05:45 PM.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
PMok (08-28-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 11:21 PM   #7557
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Shit. The last two cars I bought I didn't even ask. The no plate installed waiver was given as part of the routine. I didn't even know you had to ask them not to install until reading about it on this forum lol

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
Old 08-27-2016, 11:37 PM   #7558
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Shit. The last two cars I bought I didn't even ask. The no plate installed waiver was given as part of the routine. I didn't even know you had to ask them not to install until reading about it on this forum lol
I know I never gave any waiver forms for the cars that didn't have any plates. Lol. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to people thinking they won't blame the dealership if they're pulled over without a front plate.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:27 AM   #7559
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Sure, just no red mud flaps! Funny enough I'm already looking for gold wheels and red mud flaps to fit the RS lol. I'll still stick around for the drives, I'll just be "that guy" in the back of the pack
For sure, we continue to welcome friends who've moved on to other cars or want to bring their other cars for whatever reason... sometimes they change their minds and come back to the BRZ/86 fold...
Old 08-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #7560
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
For sure, we continue to welcome friends who've moved on to other cars or want to bring their other cars for whatever reason... sometimes they change their minds and come back to the BRZ/86 fold...
You never know. N.O.B. was testing the shooting brake at Suzuka (iirc) so maybe they are testing the feasibility of its handling. Family friendly version coming soon @BigFatFlip

The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (08-28-2016)