follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
thatchmaster

Old 08-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #337
thatchmaster

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Also, do you guys think Toyota kept like, #1, #86, and maybe #1000 for themselves? I hear that happens with special edition cars sometimes.
It's possible that they did, and that would be pretty funny...

I asked about choosing a number when I ordered mine, and there was no way to do it. I *think* I'm one of the, if not _the_, first people to take delivery in North America. From other dealerships I talked to, most had received allocation information, but hadn't received inventory when I picked mine up (with exception to one dealership in my area that had one on the showroom floor).

This was the schedule for mine:
  • Production date: January 20th
  • Vessel left Japan: February 6th
  • Vessel arrived at port: February 20th
  • Port processing: March 7th
  • Arrived at Longo Scion: March 9th
  • I took delivery: March 10th

In the end, I really have no way to verify that I was first as not all that have been sold will end up checking this forum.
thatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thatchmaster For This Useful Post:
Sundae (08-17-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #338
Sundae
meatbun

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0 (812)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
about the ft86speedfactory gauge hood replacement...

So I ended up purchasing ft86speedfactory's brz premium gauge hood with hopes that it would match the 2.0's interior. Long story short, looks like a perfect match! Shoutouts to everythingsablur for turning me on to it in the first place.

I took a few pictures, and you can view them in this imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/jYSiA

But for those who just want to see the end product, here it is:

I guess I could've taken a better picture. Maybe I will tomorrow! Along with those black/gold valentis that came in the same shipment...

You can buy the gauge trim here (~$80): http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/suba...l#.V7PobvkrKUk
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sundae For This Useful Post:
DeshuL (08-17-2016), everythingsablur (08-17-2016), gypsy_seven (08-17-2016), novice (08-17-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 AM   #339
novice

Drives: Fr-S 2.0 Release
Quote:
So I ended up purchasing ft86speedfactory's brz premium gauge hood with hopes that it would match the 2.0's interior. Long story short, looks like a perfect match! Shoutouts to everythingsablur for turning me on to it in the first place.

I took a few pictures, and you can view them in this imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/jYSiA

I guess I could've taken a better picture. Maybe I will tomorrow! Along with those black/gold valentis that came in the same shipment...

You can buy the gauge trim here (~$80): http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/suba...l#.V7PobvkrKUk

Nice little accent. doe it pop out easily?
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #340
everythingsablur

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
It should be just one screw holding it in (right above the tach on the underside).

Quote:

Looks awesome! Guess I'll be putting in an order soon too...

Also, nice Kingdom Hearts stickers. :p
2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0 #170/1000

Last edited by everythingsablur; 08-17-2016 at 11:10 AM.
everythingsablur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:12 PM   #341
Sundae
meatbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
It should be just one screw holding it in (right above the tach on the underside).

Looks awesome! Guess I'll be putting in an order soon too...

Also, nice Kingdom Hearts stickers. :p
bahaha thanks. temporary til i can find a better fix to make that scion branding disappear. incidentally, these are my rear view ornaments:
Old 08-17-2016, 01:13 PM   #342
Sundae
meatbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
As mentioned above, it's just the one screw. Once it's out, it just takes a little bit of elbow grease to slide it out of place because those tabs act as little clips as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sundae For This Useful Post:
novice (08-18-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #343
everythingsablur

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0
Garage
Quote:
bahaha thanks. temporary til i can find a better fix to make that scion branding disappear. incidentally, these are my rear view ornaments:
Ahhhhhhhhhh... I was wondering why those were there. Initial thoughts were A) really big fan of the series (probably still true), or B) has kids and let them sticker up the car.

As for debranding, I haven't looked closely at the finish of the HU and Scion branding, but on other plastic items you could usually debrand using a little solvent/paint thinner, magic eraser, and/or some plastic polish. Something you'd need to look into more. I wouldn't want to ruin the finish, so would personally just leave it (and don't mind the Scion branding).
2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0 #170/1000
everythingsablur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #344
Sundae
meatbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh... I was wondering why those were there. Initial thoughts were A) really big fan of the series (probably still true), or B) has kids and let them sticker up the car.

As for debranding, I haven't looked closely at the finish of the HU and Scion branding, but on other plastic items you could usually debrand using a little solvent/paint thinner, magic eraser, and/or some plastic polish. Something you'd need to look into more. I wouldn't want to ruin the finish, so would personally just leave it (and don't mind the Scion branding).
hahaha, nope... I'm the kid who put those stickers up there! Yeah that Scion logo is like... inside the plastic. I was planning on getting a new HU some time (something that I can maybe play videos on... OR! Get one of those new mini nintendo machines hooked up to DD). I would love to get something CarPlay enabled though.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #345
WNCFRS

Drives: 2016 FRS RS 2.0 auto #921
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm sure this will be helpful for some lucky folks, but that did make me wonder, did anyone actually have any issues finding an RS2.0?

Personally, I'd been looking at buying an FR-S for about three months. I saw the ad for it online on a Thursday night... went to my dealership on that Friday morning and picked it up. They had 2!
I found my RS2 on Autotrader in Charleston, SC. $28,600 for an automatic. It was a five hour drive to pick it up but worth it as there were none here in western NC. Still love it after almost two months. Have always owned manuals but needed something others could drive. The rev match downshift works great here in the mountains. #921
WNCFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #346
hdbahn

Drives: '16 FR-S RS 2.0, '03 WRX,
Surprise, surprise, surprise

Having seen #874 at a local dealer, I set out for a 100 mile tour of three more to see if any were friendlier or better yet, had a numerically interesting RS 2.0., but I only had to hit the nearest alternate to look through the glass at #997. I was sold without ever mentioning this to the dealership employees (who matched $1500 off as my guestimate of what I saw at the SONIC dealer)...and I didn't even know it had the base radio and not realizing the Primacy HP was a summer tire despite reading Autoweek/Edmunds, etc. (I'd read the "Prius" part) I honestly didn't recall much detail about the twins/triplets? I had finally sat in a Focus ST Recaro (I have a '13 SE Appearance-rear discs) in which I'm way too wide at 250#, but all 6'2"+ fits in the FR-S with the seat lowered completely. I love lateral loads but am not a "spirited driver" at speed after preserving my CDL for 25 years. I'm sure an ATS or 2 series would be more comfortable, but I had light small things like sci-rabbits, Integra GS-R, beloved SVT Contour; and the FR-S steering, pedals and shifter all are miles ahead of say, my '03 WRX. Sorry to bore you with my plans to stay stock and use 16's for winter for the foreseeable future, but I've always enjoyed the index of efficiency!
hdbahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 AM   #347
Sundae
meatbun

Don't be sorry, this is exactly the kind of story I like to hear! Thank you for sharing.

Also, you might want to throw up a separate post to the forum claiming your 2.0 number!
Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #348
hdbahn

Drives: '16 FR-S RS 2.0, '03 WRX,
#997 - @hdbahn
hdbahn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hdbahn For This Useful Post:
everythingsablur (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #349
FR-S 264

Drives: 2016 RS 2.0 Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdbahn View Post
#997 - @hdbahn
Congrats!
FR-S 264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #350
Gibtronikz

Drives: 2016 RS 2.0
Garage
Just put a HKS Spec L exhaust with the carbon fiber tips. Looks amazing, sounds orgasmic
Gibtronikz is offline   Reply With Quote