follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #29
ThornhillSubaruOwner

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
My dealership put 93 in mine like they should - I have continued to put 93 in mine every day. I put 93 Shell V-Power in mine 85% of the time and have not heard crickets on any of those occasions. The times that I did have to put 93 from another station in it (from, say, BP), I heard crickets a few of those times. Shell's 93 seems to avoid that issue for me altogether.

How do you know the dealership put 93 in your tank?

Just curious because I'm picking up my BRZ from the dealership this Wednesday and I wanna know what they put in it.
ThornhillSubaruOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #30
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornhillSubaruOwner View Post
How do you know the dealership put 93 in your tank?

Just curious because I'm picking up my BRZ from the dealership this Wednesday and I wanna know what they put in it.

I asked them to before the car showed up at the dealership, and I asked my saleswoman what they put in when I came to pick it up. We kept in touch regularly over my two-month wait period so I trusted her.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #31
KevinK121
Miata traitor

Drives: 2002 Miata SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Funny, I bought mine used with 24,000 with a somewhat similar story.

Drove 5 hours to finally see it in person. I get in for the test drive and the rear view mirror falls of.... ok..... so they fix it and botch it it falls off again when I get in the second time. I tell them to give me the damn screw driver and I fix it.

I finish signing all the paperwork get in to drive away and the charging port doesnt work because A DIME IS LODGED INSIDE OF IT. Tell them to give me the tools and Ill take care of it. DC the batery pull out the dime and drive away on my way 5 hour journey back home. Low and behold the fuse is fried when I try plugging it back in.

This story is much longer on how it took me 2 months to even be able to go get it being they really dropped the ball on getting the previous co-signers release on the title but point being is all said and done....

...dealers are dumb dumbs. I did get it for 4k less than their asking price though.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #32
Wired86

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ, Limited, MT, CBS
Garage
Not going to lie. The first 25 miles were rough. Haha. I only have had like 18 total hours of manual 3 years ago in an emergency drive from Denver to WI in a manual. So, I stalled quite a bit today. Luckily I had my buddy over who's really good at manual as a trainer. I am about to go back out again. Really starting to get the hang of it. I am pretty sure that you can HEAR my smile. Lol. I love this car so much!
Wired86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wired86 For This Useful Post:
KevinK121 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #33
lionbacker54

Drives: 2013 WR Blue 6MT BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDIBRZ View Post
Not going to lie. The first 25 miles were rough. Haha. I only have had like 18 total hours of manual 3 years ago in an emergency drive from Denver to WI in a manual. So, I stalled quite a bit today. Luckily I had my buddy over who's really good at manual as a trainer. I am about to go back out again. Really starting to get the hang of it. I am pretty sure that you can HEAR my smile. Lol. I love this car so much!
first, welcome to the community!

second, good on you for learning manual. save the manuals!

third, i agree with your decision to take the car and the warranty. i get that many would have just refused and gotten a new car, but i probably would have just said a warranty in writing is enough protection also.
lionbacker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:36 PM   #34
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
You will absolutely enjoy the car. Wait till you start modding and get the bug, you won't be able to stop once you start....trust me (and others here).
Old 03-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #35
Wired86

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ, Limited, MT, CBS
Garage
Thanks guys! The thought has crossed my mind to do some modding, but I also think it might be cool to be the only brz that's not modded 5 years from now. Haha. We shall see. For now I will enjoy it stock. I am so getting WIRED86 as my plate though. I think it's funny and a good story for the car.
Wired86 is offline   Reply With Quote