|
||||||
| Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#29 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Then I bought (actually my father bought - it was his tractor) a set of rod bearings and piston rings. Took off the oil pan, removed the pistons, being careful to keep them in the proper order and orientation. Installed the head and the pistons with the new rings. Inserted the new rod bearings and tightened up the rod caps real good. I was so proud of myself. I went to crank that puppy up (yes, with a hand crank) and the engine wouldn't turn over. I ask my father to help me crank it ..... he couldn't and told me I messed something up. He was pissed because I had spent over $65 on parts for an old tractor ...... ![]() So, I went back to town and told the man at the auto parts/machine shop that he sold me the wrong rod bearings. He asked me if I had "shimmed" them .. ?? After a blank stare, he figured I had no idea of what he was talking about. So, he gave me a spool of that red plastic thread and a cardboard gauge and showed me how to use it. So, with that and a handful of shims, I went back to the farm and shimmed the new bearings to the proper clearance and fired that puppy up ..........yaaaaa .....it ran ...... ![]() The moral of this story is ( @Rybot ) congratulations with learning how to do-it-yourself and knowing when to seek advice from those with more experience. ....... humfrz Last edited by humfrz; 03-06-2016 at 03:12 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
But ...... but ........ I only had a buzz cut ....... because that's the only attachment my mother had for the electric hair clippers ........
![]() NO! They didn't use sheep shears on me ...... we WEREN'T a bunch if hillbillies !!...... ![]() humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Location: Missouri
Posts: 337
Thanks: 149
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
|
@humfrz
I appreciate the reassurance. Just got everything adjusted to my liking and finally had a sigh of relief once I drove away.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Location: Missouri
Posts: 337
Thanks: 149
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
|
I wish I could hoon right now, but break in demands delicacy.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Fuck that shit. Break it in on the way there.
![]() jk - enjoy!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Location: Missouri
Posts: 337
Thanks: 149
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Tags |
| clutch adjustment |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| OEM Clutch and Pressure Plate, misc. parts | switchlanez | Transmission and Driveline | 3 | 05-02-2016 10:31 AM |
| Used Good Condition - OEM clutch/flywheel/pressure plate (Off 2013 BRZ) | Mujen84 | Transmission and Driveline | 0 | 05-05-2014 10:44 AM |
| Stock clutch disc and pressure plate. $175 shipped. | conekiller | Transmission and Driveline | 4 | 02-21-2014 10:31 AM |
| Stock clutch+flywheel+pressure plate+ ACT lightweight flywheel & pressure plate | PineappleFriedRice | Transmission and Driveline | 0 | 11-08-2013 04:54 PM |
| FOR SALE: Stock Clutch / Flywheel / Pressure Plate (Ultra Low Mileage) | Synack | Transmission and Driveline | 7 | 11-01-2013 11:19 AM |