follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #225
georgiafrsguy

Drives: white 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@HKSUSA View Post
Glad to hear you'll be going with our kit! Make sure you send me pictures of the build! We leave the 4th slot open to allow our Pro Dealers to write a custom tune based on the other modifications you have on the car. They also have the ability to edit the other two slots in the flash editor. It says you are in Atlanta which is close to one of our Pro Dealers, Top Speed Motorsports. They will be able to adjust the tune for you if need be. Good luck and let me know if you need any help!
awesome!!!thanks, just what I was hoping to hear. i know exactly where they are. ill def take pictures and let you know how it goes.
georgiafrsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to georgiafrsguy For This Useful Post:
CxG (01-22-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #226
Koj

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Hi guyz.
I think I m going to install an Oil Catch Can.
Some of you already installed one ?
Is it really interesting ?
I saw the Mishimoto Kit : http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/subaru-br...-can-2013.html
Is there an HKS Kit ?

See you...
Koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #227
zeal86

Drives:
Thanked 1,819 Times in 881 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Ok...My HKS v3 will arrive really soon...I am looking for a configuration that will yield me a nice tone with minimal if any drone or rasp in my exhaust system. I am thinking about the following configurations for my exhaust system:

**Not interested in any brand not mentioned below

- HKS EL Exhaust Manifold + Stock Over Pipe + HKS Front Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- HKS EL Exhaust Manifold + Tomei Joint Pipe + HKS Front Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- HKS EL Exhaust Manifold + Stock Over Pipe + Ark Performance Test Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- HKS EL Exhaust Manifold + Tomei Joint Pipe + Ark Performance Test Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- Tomei EL Exhaust Manifold + Tomei Joint Pipe + Tomei Straight Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- Tomei EL Exhaust Manifold + Tomei Joint Pipe + Ark Performance Test Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- Beatrush EL Exhaust Manifold + Beatrush Support Pipe + HKS Front Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

- Beatrush EL Exhaust Manifold + Beatrush Support Pipe + Ark Performance Test Pipe + Ark Performance Grip Exhaust

If anyone is running any of these configurations or close to any of these, please comment on the tone, drone, rasp, and power made. My biggest concerns being great sound and safe power.

Thanks in advance
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zeal86 For This Useful Post:
CxG (02-24-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 AM   #228
86Tony

Drives: 2015 AOZORA EDITION
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
any update on your blower for the original thread poster??
86Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #229
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,640 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Tony View Post
any update on your blower for the original thread poster??
Yes, I did finally receive my replacement last month. Installed it and am happy to say it's running fine. The car is stored during winter but I did take it out for several runs since the roads were dry and it was above freezing outside for weeks. Initially the unit gives off a bit of whine but that might be attributed to cold temps and using the higher viscosity traction fluid. It seems to eventually tone down after warmup.

The car is definitely much more zippy once the revs are in the 4000 RPM range and up. Of course the rear wheels break loose in 1, 2 and 3rd gear with ease. Its tempting to go with wider wheels and tires but the PSS 215's on stock wheels were new last spring and have no miles so might hold off until new tires are actually needed or look into a local trade if possible.

Also, got a check engine light a few times, indicating rich condition or sensor malfunction. Erased each time and didnt return last 1 or 2 times out. Initially thought it was a dirty MAF but now thinking ECU sensed difference from driving without the blower installed with the SC tune and then restoring it. Anyway it appears (hopefully) that the ECU has relearned and is OK.

Funny thing, immediately after installing, took the car for a run and heard a POP! , followed by stalled engine. Luckily was able to roll into a gas station lot. Tried to start the engine and it did run, but rough. Opened the hood to discover I didnt tighten an inlet pipe clamp and the pressure popped it open. Used a lucky dime from my 8 year old to tighten down the screw and all was well. That was a scare I could do without!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-25-2016), CxG (02-25-2016), go_a_way1 (03-01-2016), Yobiwan (02-27-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #230
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Yes, I did finally receive my replacement last month. Installed it and am happy to say it's running fine. The car is stored during winter but I did take it out for several runs since the roads were dry and it was above freezing outside for weeks. Initially the unit gives off a bit of whine but that might be attributed to cold temps and using the higher viscosity traction fluid. It seems to eventually tone down after warmup.

The car is definitely much more zippy once the revs are in the 4000 RPM range and up. Of course the rear wheels break loose in 1, 2 and 3rd gear with ease. Its tempting to go with wider wheels and tires but the PSS 215's on stock wheels were new last spring and have no miles so might hold off until new tires are actually needed or look into a local trade if possible.

Also, got a check engine light a few times, indicating rich condition or sensor malfunction. Erased each time and didnt return last 1 or 2 times out. Initially thought it was a dirty MAF but now thinking ECU sensed difference from driving without the blower installed with the SC tune and then restoring it. Anyway it appears (hopefully) that the ECU has relearned and is OK.

Funny thing, immediately after installing, took the car for a run and heard a POP! , followed by stalled engine. Luckily was able to roll into a gas station lot. Tried to start the engine and it did run, but rough. Opened the hood to discover I didnt tighten an inlet pipe clamp and the pressure popped it open. Used a lucky dime from my 8 year old to tighten down the screw and all was well. That was a scare I could do without!
Lol, the headaches never end eh?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #231
JadeBRZ
#ProjectBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I just got my V3 kit installed. Running the 91 tune now. Need to send the flash editor to HKS to get the 93 tune. So far it feels great, cant wait for that extra 20 more HP.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #232
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Lol, the headaches never end eh?
No, I am quite sure the headaches are over.

The ECU seems to have resolved, the whine is definitely due to temperature. There are 2 different viscosities of traction fluid and I purchased the higher one as the car isn't supposed to be winter driven and will definitely be run in high heat conditions.

The story about the "pop" was just sort of funny after tall the BS I went through and it nearly gave me a heart attack but turned out to be nothing.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-25-2016), CxG (02-25-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #233
86Tony

Quote:
No, I am quite sure the headaches are over.

The ECU seems to have resolved, the whine is definitely due to temperature. There are 2 different viscosities of traction fluid and I purchased the higher one as the car isn't supposed to be winter driven and will definitely be run in high heat conditions.

The story about the "pop" was just sort of funny after tall the BS I went through and it nearly gave me a heart attack but turned out to be nothing.
i recently just purchase my kit and im curious if this kit can make 350whp? do you think its possible i know i would need to build my motor just want to find out if this blower can make that much power.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #234
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
i recently just purchase my kit and im curious if this kit can make 350whp? do you think its possible i know i would need to build my motor just want to find out if this blower can make that much power.
I think the blower itself is capable of 400 HP. With fuel pump, injectors, a Supra sized intercooler and the smallest pulley you might just make 350 WHP. That means spinning the supercharger to the max. Personally, I wouldnt feel comfortable maxing out the unit.

I have a smaller pulley and 700cc Deatchwerks injectors but dont plan to use them presently. My intercooler looks to be somewhat bigger than the V3 unit and I am sure all I would need is a drop in fuel pump for 350 BHP.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 AM   #235
Torry@HKSUSA

Drives: HKS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
I think wbradley gave you a good answer on this. 350 whp would be about the maximum power you could do, and that would take some modifications (like a smaller pulley). However, that would be pushing the supercharger to its limits and it is possible you could wear it out quicker.
Torry@HKSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #236
86Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry@HKSUSA View Post
I think wbradley gave you a good answer on this. 350 whp would be about the maximum power you could do, and that would take some modifications (like a smaller pulley). However, that would be pushing the supercharger to its limits and it is possible you could wear it out quicker.
will you guys be making bigger blower to upgrade for the guys that want more power in the future?
The Following User Says Thank You to 86Tony For This Useful Post:
CxG (03-02-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #237
Torry@HKSUSA

Drives: HKS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
will you guys be making bigger blower to upgrade for the guys that want more power in the future?
As of right now, nothing is in the works that we know about, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility in the future. HKS is always working on developing new products.
Torry@HKSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torry@HKSUSA For This Useful Post:
CxG (03-02-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:50 PM   #238
86Tony

Quote:
I think the blower itself is capable of 400 HP. With fuel pump, injectors, a Supra sized intercooler and the smallest pulley you might just make 350 WHP. That means spinning the supercharger to the max. Personally, I wouldnt feel comfortable maxing out the unit.

I have a smaller pulley and 700cc Deatchwerks injectors but dont plan to use them presently. My intercooler looks to be somewhat bigger than the V3 unit and I am sure all I would need is a drop in fuel pump for 350 BHP.
are you running oem injectors as of now? and do you think i need to upgrade from stock injectors? im only lookin to make 280whp give or take as of this season. also are you on stock clutch if so hownis it holding up as my car will be seeing lot of track time. so trying to see if i should upgrade all at once before installing the kit and getting it tuned